Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ChippeRock

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#6261 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:46 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:59 pm
WE held the RB so I could fake claim and present myself as quasi townclear.
Well, if that's true, that was one hell of a game you played. Absolutely perfect first few days - though, after that, it kind of fell apart.

Durga

#6262 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:37 pm
I don't believe Damo's claim that they held the Roleblock.
There is 0 reason to hold rb with Balki on the guillotine. Anyway, Balki's questioning of Connor is enough of an indication that connor is town. Esp with that damo scum slip.

Foxcastle

#6263 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:47 pm

(I missed a Squigs in that last post. Squigs is not clear, like Durga, but at this point is probably as close as we get, so I blued him out.)

Durga

#6264 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:48 pm

I'm fairly confident ND should be the next lynch.

Foxcastle

#6265 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:46 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
There is 0 reason to hold rb with Balki on the guillotine. Anyway, Balki's questioning of Connor is enough of an indication that connor is town. Esp with that damo scum slip.
CHIPPE, CONNOR
CHIPPE, ET
CHIPPE, FLAVIUS
CHIPPE, FOXCASTLE
CHIPPE, ND
CHIPPE, PERCY
CHIPPE, SQUIGS
CONNOR, ET
CONNOR, FLAVIUS
CONNOR, FOXCASTLE
CONNOR, ND
CONNOR, PERCY

CONNOR, SQUIGS
ET, FLAVIUS
ET, FOXCASTLE
ET, ND
ET, PERCY
ET, SQUIGS
FLAVIUS, FOXCASTLE
FLAVIUS, ND
FLAVIUS, PERCY
FLAVIUS, SQUIGS
FOXCASTLE, ND
FOXCASTLE, PERCY
FOXCASTLE, SQUIGS
ND, PERCY
ND, SQUIGS
PERCY, SQUIGS

Percy Williams

#6266 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Is this willful stupidity? That would make sense if you were teamed with ND, actually.

Are you not looking at the actual vote tracker I linked? Other people jumped on the wagon, there was plenty of movement. You were the fifth vote on Xorxes, not an early vote as you falsely claimed, and after you voted him, the wagon never dropped below 5 votes, and only dropped out of the lead for one moment. (If Damo flips BA, maybe that moment is when Connor tried to save Xorxes?)

Also, again, why are you pretending like you moved your vote or would have? You literally have never moved your vote after casting it (this game).
The first part is an earnest mistake, I was looking at the Bot vote list when I first made the claim, and obviously misunderstood how it shows votes. And you are completely right this game I have never moved my vote once placing it. In my opinion, swinging votes at the end of day is more beneficial for Scum, as they can wait to see if their scum buddy is actually going to be lynched before having to buss them for Town cred. Having very fluid votes allow them to make last minute changes to ensure the scum team is looking good, without being scum read for it. I'm not saying that anyone who moves their vote towards end of phase is scum, just explaining my thought process.
What do you think of ND coming to defend you on this error? Do you think it's odd that he was jumped to your defense? Is it interesting that he seemed to have the exact same error in thinking as you?

Having checked your previous games, you are consistent that you don't vote in the final hours. But you have changed your vote throughout a day before. Why do you think your voting is more static this game?
I don't think ND's defense is AI, a cursory look at the bot tally Makes it look like you're misrepresenting me. (Sorry about that)

I think mostly just coincidence, and the timing of when I'm on, as it tends to be highly irregular. Day one I scum read Bozo, for so blatantly tunneling. Towards the end he started to sound really Towny, but I didn't come back on until after end of phase. Day two was locked between two people I thought were Town, so I went with the one I had less Town vibes from, and nothing convinced me to change. Day three I stuck with my soft scum read Xorxes (soft only because I was afraid of OMGUSing) and day four was judge enforced two people who I thought were Town, so I voted for the one with a weaker Town read from me, and nothing convinced me to change. Day 5, I think it's clear why I didn't switch.
Now that I write that, I think the judge power has contributed to my static votes, as well as when I've been on, and it being part of the way I play.

ChippeRock

#6267 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
It's hard to believe - but it kind of makes sense for them to try protecting the Assassin. Additionally, it just doesn't make sense why the Mafia Assassin would risk his neck knowing that they RBed someone else - I'm inclined to believe him.

But! The good thing is, if damo's story is true, than Mafia will roleblock connor tonight - which will result in no BA NK tonight. Than again, the BA might just hold onto his kill tonight to get connor mislynched.

But that's risky play from the BA, considering that now it's 6-2-1, he'll want to NK town tonight (though setting up connor for a mislynch would get it down to 4-2-1 just like a NK would while also making sure the BA survives to another day and the BA gets information on somebody's role).

ChippeRock

#6268 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:49 pm
Durga wrote:
Percy Williams wrote:
CHIPPE, CONNOR
CHIPPE, ET
CHIPPE, FLAVIUS
CHIPPE, FOXCASTLE
CHIPPE, ND
CHIPPE, PERCY
CHIPPE, SQUIGS
CONNOR, ET
CONNOR, FLAVIUS
CONNOR, FOXCASTLE
CONNOR, ND
CONNOR, PERCY

CONNOR, SQUIGS
ET, FLAVIUS
ET, FOXCASTLE
ET, ND
ET, PERCY
ET, SQUIGS
FLAVIUS, FOXCASTLE
FLAVIUS, ND
FLAVIUS, PERCY
FLAVIUS, SQUIGS
FOXCASTLE, ND
FOXCASTLE, PERCY
FOXCASTLE, SQUIGS
ND, PERCY
ND, SQUIGS
PERCY, SQUIGS
Do you mind clarifying the significance of the blue combinations?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#6269 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
This is every possible remaining pairing that could be the last two scum. What other teams can we eliminate?

CHIPPE, CONNOR
CHIPPE, ET
CHIPPE, FLAVIUS
CHIPPE, FOXCASTLE
CHIPPE, ND
CHIPPE, PERCY
CHIPPE, SQUIGS
CONNOR, ET
CONNOR, FLAVIUS
CONNOR, FOXCASTLE
CONNOR, ND
CONNOR, PERCY
CONNOR, SQUIGS
ET, FLAVIUS
ET, FOXCASTLE
ET, ND
ET, PERCY
ET, SQUIGS
FLAVIUS, FOXCASTLE
FLAVIUS, ND
FLAVIUS, PERCY
FLAVIUS, SQUIGS
FOXCASTLE, ND
FOXCASTLE, PERCY
FOXCASTLE, SQUIGS
ND, PERCY
ND, SQUIGS
PERCY, SQUIGS
What are the colors?

Percy Williams

#6270 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
This is every possible remaining pairing that could be the last two scum. What other teams can we eliminate?

CHIPPE, CONNOR
CHIPPE, ET
CHIPPE, FLAVIUS
CHIPPE, FOXCASTLE
CHIPPE, ND
CHIPPE, PERCY
CHIPPE, SQUIGS
CONNOR, ET
CONNOR, FLAVIUS
CONNOR, FOXCASTLE
CONNOR, ND
CONNOR, PERCY
CONNOR, SQUIGS
ET, FLAVIUS
ET, FOXCASTLE
ET, ND
ET, PERCY
ET, SQUIGS
FLAVIUS, FOXCASTLE
FLAVIUS, ND
FLAVIUS, PERCY
FLAVIUS, SQUIGS
FOXCASTLE, ND
FOXCASTLE, PERCY
FOXCASTLE, SQUIGS
ND, PERCY
ND, SQUIGS
PERCY, SQUIGS
I would contend that Foxcastle and I can't both be scum, since he was earnestly trying to expose me, when no one else saw a problem with it. If I really was scum with Foxcastle as my buddy, he wouldn't attack me like that.

Percy Williams

#6271 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Blue are impossible pairs.

ChippeRock

#6272 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 pm

@Fox, please explain your reasoning behind crossing out all of those blue combos.

Percy Williams

#6273 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:01 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 pm
@Fox, please explain your reasoning behind crossing out all of those blue combos.
I concur. I think this will be useful, but why are all of those specifically marked?

Foxcastle

#6274 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Sorry, blue is combinations we should exclude from consideration. Should have said that.

I excluded all Squigs teams because Squigs is as clear town as we've got without mechanical confirmation. If he's scum, GG.

I excluded ET and ND. ND's push seems too longstanding and direct to be a scum bus. For a similar reason, I'm asserting Flavius and I aren't scum together based on Flavius' push on me.

I quoted to imply justification, but I think Durga is right that Connor is unlikely to be scum at this point.

ND

#6275 Post by ND » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:06 pm

I'll catch up on the convo later but good. Another loser dead. Two more to go

ChippeRock

#6276 Post by ChippeRock » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:03 pm
Sorry, blue is combinations we should exclude from consideration. Should have said that.

I excluded all Squigs teams because Squigs is as clear town as we've got without mechanical confirmation. If he's scum, GG.

I excluded ET and ND. ND's push seems too longstanding and direct to be a scum bus. For a similar reason, I'm asserting Flavius and I aren't scum together based on Flavius' push on me.

I quoted to imply justification, but I think Durga is right that Connor is unlikely to be scum at this point.
Sorry, but I don't think any of those three deserve to be completely cleared as town. Also, I think connor at this point is probably BA or town - it just doesn't make sense why Mafia would risk their Assassin (I guess at this point it is a useless position, but so is the Lawyer) by pitting him against another Mafia member in competing RB claims.

Foxcastle

#6277 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:12 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:10 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

Sorry, but I don't think any of those three deserve to be completely cleared as town. Also, I think connor at this point is probably BA or town - it just doesn't make sense why Mafia would risk their Assassin (I guess at this point it is a useless position, but so is the Lawyer) by pitting him against another Mafia member in competing RB claims.
You can start your own list then. Please use a different color.

FlaviusAetius

#6278 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:16 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:06 pm
I'll catch up on the convo later but good. Another loser dead. Two more to go
Three more*
We need to lynch the BA as well

Foxcastle

#6279 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:16 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:10 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

When you say "any of those three", who are you referring to? Squigs, Connor, and...? (Because ET, ND, Flavius, and myself all appear in other teams, obviously.)

FlaviusAetius

#6280 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:48 pm
I'm fairly confident ND should be the next lynch.
Why not FoxCastle?
I think we can *FINALLY* get him he's avoided it for too long