Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3281 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:36 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:28 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:27 pm
@TrPrado - while I agree with your logic about Flav, it's hard for me to make a read on him. His whole gameplay seems like either noob town or noob scum, and I'm just completely unsure what to think about the whole thing.
What's even more curious is that he appears to have a reasonable amount of experience playing Mafia...
... Please do tell me how I am being a 'noob' what in the world I have even done so wrong that makes you guys think Im so bad at this game?? Honestly, Im just trying to solve like the rest of you, but instead Im getting accused for it?

LISTEN
You need to narrow people down, and the way I do that is by taking incidents like these where people are trying to solve
That would be me Carl Connor Chippie and Tom, those people are my towncore, TrPrado and now also et, because Im convinced the et v Espresso thing was town v twon I've also added you to that, because truthfully I think youve done everything so far that I said you werent doing, youve been consistently trying to solve the game, youve been putting a lot of effort into the game, you are no longer just asking questions, you even provided clear reasons why.

I keep making accusations keep trying to find things wrong until there's nothing wrong anymore, its already Night 2, almost Day 3, we need to start moving on from people, and coming up with a basket there's my basket of towns

My scum are right now Foxcastle or Xorxes, I want to see what teacon has to say and rdrivera as well

FlaviusAetius

#3282 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:38 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:36 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:31 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:27 pm
@TrPrado - while I agree with your logic about Flav, it's hard for me to make a read on him. His whole gameplay seems like either noob town or noob scum, and I'm just completely unsure what to think about the whole thing.
You agree with him??
You are the one who has been defending this position for the entire game since it happened? Did you just forget about Night one when you did that??
Day 1 for you seemed very towny, why is why I felt with more confidence that you were more likely to be town than bozo - hence why I helped orchestrate the massive flip to keep you safe. But after Day 1, I'm just at a loss to try explaining & interpreting your posts.
What do you even mean 'at a lost' Im trying to SOLVE the game Im trying to HELP
Instead, Im just being attacked for it, I dont even understand

FlaviusAetius

#3283 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:46 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:43 pm
EP's D2 READS

PSA before you read these: the secretary allows the scum to be more coordinated than normal. Keep that in mind when you’re evaluating the likelihood of the maf voting together +/ swinging the vote.

The 10 people against me right now are:
TrPrado, damo666, Foxcastle, et, Nephthys, Tom Bombadil, FlaviusAetius, xorxes, Durga, Percy Williams

It is very likely most - if not all - of the maf are in that group.

Town Core
Rdrivera2005
Not afraid to speak out against the town.
Squigs44
Diplomatic playstyle, engaging in arguments, not afraid to post a lot of content with substance

Townlean
Balki Bartokomous - Seems willing to entertain opposing views. Considerate and helpful moving the town forward.

ChippeRock- Still disapprove of his early game play, but his play in N1 and D2 suggest town.

Et - His behaviour indicates town. The votes (10-5) are worrisome though. Either maf doesn’t want et dead, or they plan to swing against him EOD.

TrPrado - I disagree with pretty much everything he says, but I think he’s town. His analysis of actions in D1 and N1 was good. Hope to see more from analysis him in the next few days.

Durga - Usually plays with conviction as town. Even when she changes votes, she says things like “I’m convinced” and changes. Her votes going back and forth indicates confusion, which is a town sign.

ND - He’s posting long and thoughtful posts. He's still critical of ppl + not trying to buddy ppl. I’d put him in my town core, but I haven’t seen his scum meta before.

Nephthys - Engaging in discussion. Seems to be helping the town move forward.

Null
Moscowfleet/peterlund - deep lurker/unknown until peterlund catches up.

Teacon - early game behaviour consistent with town!teacon. Deep lurker now, which isn’t how he played last game.

Damo666 - Haven’t read much from him.

Connorcompton - Haven’t read much from him.

Scumlean
Tom Bombadil - His playstyle reminds me a bit of Balki’s, but Tom’s is more critical and doesn’t give as much back. Seems like something I would do if I was trying to mimic my playstyle while also trying to say as little as possible.

Percy Williams - Lurker? He happily threw his vote against me while giving super hedgy reasons. Seems like he’s trying to find an excuse to vote with the scum.

Scum
FlaviusAetius - Carbomb theory. Vote swing to save him at the end.

Foxcastle - Doesn’t provide strong reasons for why he’s voting. Very hedgy with reads.

Xorxes - His play is very different from last game, and he seems skeptical of thought-out posts. I get the impression he’s a very logical player, and he has no issue writing out huge cases against people (see xorxes v teacon). I haven’t seen anything like that from him here.

Ps. Thanks to @TrPrado for the colour-code idea!
I think Percy, Xorxes, and Foxcastle should be our candidates for tomorrow
If Peter or Teacon's stuff doesnt look good Im definetly also putting them in my scumteam
Im going to reread Nepthys because Im pretty sure he is the one who switched to bozo last mintue

FlaviusAetius

#3284 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm

##CALL GM
Why cant I see Day 2 in the bot, please fix

Durga

#3285 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Why does it matter if someone switched to Bozo last minute if it was town v town?

FlaviusAetius

#3286 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm

^Nevermind I figured out the problem, I didnt refresh the page

ChippeRock

#3287 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:38 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:31 pm

You agree with him??
You are the one who has been defending this position for the entire game since it happened? Did you just forget about Night one when you did that??
Day 1 for you seemed very towny, why is why I felt with more confidence that you were more likely to be town than bozo - hence why I helped orchestrate the massive flip to keep you safe. But after Day 1, I'm just at a loss to try explaining & interpreting your posts.
I mean that your aggressiveness in Night 1 is really bizarre to me. Your extremely strong defense of me, & aggressively going after anybody that dares to state something negative about me (for a senior who's graduating high school, that's an insane amount of aggressiveness & anger!) - I originally brushed it off as a new player expressing his thankfulness for me saving his ass, but now I'm not sure. Than you distance yourself from me midway through Day 2 in response to buddying criticism. Your increased post production from Day 1 is also really weird.

The whole thing is just very confusing to interpret.

FlaviusAetius

#3288 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm
Why does it matter if someone switched to Bozo last minute if it was town v town?
Because it was last mintue, he was on his own wagon, and never moved, until the last mintue, didnt even participate in discussions

FlaviusAetius

#3289 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm

It was Nepthys

Durga

#3290 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:51 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm
Durga wrote:
Because it was last mintue, he was on his own wagon, and never moved, until the last mintue, didnt even participate in discussions
I know, I was scum reading him. But if you were also town, why did Neph have to even make a vote for either of you as scum?

damo666

#3291 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Probably a bit late for this because order probably in but my BA vote is for FOX.

Could also be redundant as FOX may well be BA!

FlaviusAetius

#3292 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:52 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:38 pm
ChippeRock wrote:

I mean that your aggressiveness in Night 1 is really bizarre to me. Your extremely strong defense of me, & aggressively going after anybody that dares to state something negative about me (for a senior who's graduating high school, that's an insane amount of aggressiveness & anger!) - I originally brushed it off as a new player expressing his thankfulness for me saving his ass, but now I'm not sure. Than you distance yourself from me midway through Day 2 in response to buddying criticism. Your increased post production from Day 1 is also really weird.

The whole thing is just very confusing to interpret.
I just got really mad we ended up killing bozo when we could of killed TrPrado, and then people were attacking you, when I am 99.99999999999999% sure you are town, also we already cleared you in the middle of the day and people were now resurrecting your wagon
Also I buddied xorxes last game to kill stay on teacon for the entire game, and I didnt want to do that again, but all those criticisms were ridiculous because I wasnt buddying you

Nephthys

#3293 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Really not enjoying reading Fox's ISO

FlaviusAetius

#3294 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Durga wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:51 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Durga wrote:
I know, I was scum reading him. But if you were also town, why did Neph have to even make a vote for either of you as scum?
He could of joined us for TrPrado, decided against it, I wonder why :?
He waited until one of the wagons were set
Also I just went back and Nepthys' vote was to supposedly avoid a tie, so the question is; why bozo over me? Why so late?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3295 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Balki Bartokomous - slight town. I am still confused as the what he did D2 to switch his mind on EP, but he promised an answer, and I expect he has a good reason. Obviously this read is dependent on that answer, but besides that I get town vibes from Balki. If I die, demand an explanation.

bozotheclown - dead VT

Carl Tuckerson - dead VT

ChippeRock - I think he is town. He is very vocal, and while self-obsessed in a way that might be viewed at as scum indicative, I think he is just a bit arrogant in his reads. I think he has sprinkled in some good questions, and is genuinely trying to solve

CConnorcompton - null. I don't know who this is.

CrusaderReynauld - modkill VT

Damo666 - slight scum. I really did not like when he posted that EP had a "really strong" post after EP posted the fist part of his big analysis, and yet the "really strong" post seemingly had no impact whatsoever on damo's read.

dargorygel - Dead town

Durga - My strongest townread. I don't expect she would be very good as scum, though I haven't seen it. Her frustrations seems very genuine. I agree with her reads. Her strong push to save EP was towny.

EspressoPatronum - Dead VT

et - null. Hard to read. Nothing sticks out either way. I was slight town, but I don't love the fact that nobody was convinced by myself or Durga to switch to his wagon. I would have expected if it was town vs town, a scumbo would have switched. So maybe slight scum.

FlaviusAetius - My read on Flav has gone circle. I started by scumreading him, but then I went to town because of how he behaved when he was in danger of being lynched. Since then though, he has made me question my read. He seemingly answers only questions of him that are easy to answer, and seems to deflect by trying to change focus on other people when he comes under pressure. Keep and eye on.

Foxcastle - I've started coming around on Foxy. Weird D1, but I think he has asked strong, game-solving motivated questions since.

Moscowfleet/peter - null. Nobody knows.

ND - Fairly strong townread. This is sort of the opposite of Durga though. I think ND is limited as a towny, but can be a pretty effective scum. Again, I feel like he has strong opinions and not afraid to share them. What makes me somewhat worried is that this is expected of him, so he would do the same as scum. Still though, I think he is town.

Nephthys - maybe scum. He hasn't done much. Need to look at further

Percy Williams - My highest scumread. He asks questions that I don't think he cares about the answers to. See my previous thoughts

Rdrivera2005 - slight town. Similar to Durga, I think his frustration is genuine, and admitting that he is clueless seems like more a town rivera move than a scum rivera move.

Squigs44 - I don't know. There is plenty of content yet I don't have a read. If I survive, I want to focus on this.

teacon - could be scum. He is so far behind that its hard to get a read either way

Tom Bombadil - town

TrPrado - Prado is almost as confusing as Flav. At times I think he is fearlessly trying to solve, yet at other times, I feel like his posts are contrived, and designed to give the appearance of solving but not actually solving. I don't know how much he cares about the answers to his questions, yet town Prado which I am more familiar with was always moving a bit too quickly for his own good too. This Prado seems less confrontational though, which makes me think scum. I remember when I was mafia, he was relentless, and very frustrated when people would not agree with his thoughts - I don't see this here. Slight scum.

xorxes - I dunno. His play is underwhelming, but I still think town because of the roleblock. If that wasn't there though, I would likely be scumreading him.

Just updating at the end here, but Flav keeps looking worse and worse. I don't like that he keeps tossing out names as wagon bait but I could be wrong. I wish I had played with him before to get a better handle on him. If I go, sorry I couldn't be more help. The first is always the hardest to get, after that they fall like dominos.

FlaviusAetius

#3296 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:57 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:55 pm
Durga wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:

Also I just went back and Nepthys' vote was to supposedly avoid a tie, so the question is; why bozo over me? Why so late?
I think I'll come back around 11 o'clock tonight, Ill reread Nepthys then, if I find nothing, it was probably nothing, we cant just keep picking some person and then grilling them, so far how has that worked out?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3297 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:58 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:57 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:55 pm
Durga wrote:

I think I'll come back around 11 o'clock tonight, Ill reread Nepthys then, if I find nothing, it was probably nothing, we cant just keep picking some person and then grilling them, so far how has that worked out?
Someone seems confident they are not dying tonight

Nephthys

#3298 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Need to re-read more but my current guess at scumteam would be

Teacon
Fox
Balki
Connor
Flav

Maybe Trp/Percy

worcej

#3299 Post by worcej » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:00 pm

NIGHT HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD.

worcej

#3300 Post by worcej » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Phoenix and Maya stand over an unidentifiable body in a random room in the courthouse, both perplexed. The crime scene is immaculate, nothing out of place and everything perfectly in order. The body itself is clean and unidentifiable.

Phoenix scratches his head. “Where is Dick? He should be here already…”

Maya shrugs. “Who knows? I still am focused on making my new nickname!”

A thud is heard in the closet in the room. Phoenix walks over to it and opens it, to see Dick Gumshoe’s body fall out.

“OH NO!!” Maya screams. “What happened here?!”

Phoenix falls to the floor, dismayed to see his long time incompetent dective friend dead in front of him…

Tom Bombadil HAS DIED. He was ??? of ???.
TrPrado HAS DIED. HE WAS Dick Gumshoe, THE TOWN COP.

DAY 3 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST.