Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3261 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:08 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:01 pm
I just saw the Blind Assasin vote thing, Im going to vote for Percy solely because I think its smart to policy lynch xorxes Night 3, not Night 2
Im going to look at the arguments though and I might change
Can you explain what you mean when you say its smart to policy lynch xorxes Night 3?
Because xorxes is really good, and if he isn't killed by Night 3, something is up

FlaviusAetius

#3262 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:09 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
I just saw the Blind Assasin vote thing, Im going to vote for Percy solely because I think its smart to policy lynch xorxes Night 3, not Night 2
We don't lynch anyone at night
Yea, we shouldnt be wasting the BA on xorxes

ChippeRock

#3263 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:12 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:07 pm
So I tried looking back at Flavius giving him the benefit of the doubt since two of my other scumreads died and flip town and my Squigs read has been shifting, but between basing reads on who does and does not agree with him and also his pattern of lies, mischaracterizing everyone's statements and questions, and his ignoring of key questions I feel like he's getting away with too much too easily.

The first and less essential point is him being dodgy about his experience in certain roles:
First game Im being accused of being scum :shrugs:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:37 pm

If your first game is as scum, never use that as the basis of what is scum behavior.
And why not? Also it wasnt my first game, Ive played live games before, I was just pointing out what I did as scum, which was poke holes in everyone's arguments and ask questions. Anyone who does that(like you) are scum.
Onto a much more essential point is his relationship with Squigs. By this point we're all obviously familiar with #SquigsDude and him thinking to put a list together where he reads Squigs as town, but then he ascribes things to Squigs he never said
We already specifically discussed this with Squigs about why IT IS HELPFUL
Weare asking for gutreads right off the bat, you went directly against that idea, also I did provide criteria to my list, aka an explination
The "we" is later elaborated as himself and Squigs. Also throughout the day he comes to the defense of Squigs:
You two dont even realize though that Squig is doing it because its helpful...
What else are you going to do on Day 1??
You are purposefully ignoring the fact of Squig's dude that came up with this idea
Either both of you didnt read the game or you are lying
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:56 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:10 am
I'm just sayin', but Squigs has been jumping on easy bandwagons. First Flav for his "lie", and me because I'm acting cryptically, not helping Town, and being "obtuse".

That deserves at least some investigation in my opinion, OMGUS or not.
Easy Bandwagons??
Squigs is the one who STARTED IT
With this latter point, I've asked Flavius to explain why he's felt the need to do this, but he ignored it D1:
Why are you so defensive of Squigs's every action?

First time getting accused, Im going to defend myself with all I got
And when Squigs and I have pressed him for an answer since then he's ignored it every time. He also reads people based on whether or not they agree with him
POST #781
@teacon
I was playing just fine last game, you and xorxes needed to die to continue the game, both of you came out awful, and it was never going to be solved unless you and him both died. Simple as that.
ALSO you did some pretty scummy stuff too like not providing a list of town when I asked, and coming after me for things vapor said, after you said what he said made him a COP.
Agreed! Anyone who went after Chippie day 1 is just way to suspicious in my mind, there's more than enough content to find other people! Oh and by the way guys I am only on page 40, but I'll do the same thing as last time and go back and forth
Why do you [Durga] keep avoiding TrPrado, like your the only one who didnt park the vote on bozo that voted for me over TrPrado
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:48 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Oh yeah because my push on Neph was so indicative of my desire to blend in. Just shut up you lying scummy asshole. Go talk to your scum friends and leave us alone so we can figure out the game. Lord knows if you're somehow town you'll never be able to do it.

In fact - I've seen no indication of your desire to game solve beyond your vitriol at other players for apparently not game solving. You point fingers and claim someone is scummy for actions that are actually either townie or NAI. And that's all you've "contributed".
All he's contributed?? WHAT?
He tried getting TrPrado lynched, something you did not want to jump on
Could you explain why you didnt join the momentum on that wagon?
Which COULD of prevented bozo from dying
Foxcastle definetly was inactive at the end of the day, whyd he keep his vote on me??
I thought you were town, so who did you get convinced by @Foxcastle?
Anyone who wanted to kill TrPrado with me is obvious [town], because they didnt settle on two bad wagons, and instead actually tried to solve with an hour left in the day, this includes;
Me, Connor, Chippie, Carl and Tom.
Carl is now dead, and he turned out a town
I just can't shake this guy.
Could you fill me in on what Flav's experience with Mafia is? I've been operating under the assumption that he's fairly new to the game.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#3264 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:14 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:12 pm
Could you fill me in on what Flav's experience with Mafia is? I've been operating under the assumption that he's fairly new to the game.
I haven't played with him before but this is his third game on the site. If you're asking about before that he said he's played live before as well.

teacon7

#3265 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:15 pm

okay. I'm here. live. for a while, anyway.

The last thing I read was on page 87ish, and whatever you saw me post yesterday (as I was waiting to board a flight back from LAX). I'll try to catch up today and play the game better.

AMA while I do... I'll keep the "current" thread up in another window to check periodically.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3266 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:16 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
No I mean that you're talking about this like it's a done deal. Like our BA votes hold the same power as our lynch votes. Why?

FlaviusAetius

#3267 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:17 pm

connorcompton wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:47 pm
I would be willing to try and tie or no-lynch, since I think it's likely EP and et are both town, but currently I am still leaning towards et so that's where my vote stays.
Why were you so inactive Day 2?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3268 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:18 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:10 pm
TrPrado its not because they agreed with me, its because they didnt go on an easy wagon, that was me or bozo, but instead were still interested in trying to find a better candidate, we had an hour left, more than enough time, and more than enough people to dos
Which is also why you scumread Durga for not doing it? I've also definitely scum try to pull that off before. I got a scum lynched D1 before for trying it (don't remember which game it was but I do remember who it was and that I was laughing my ass off afterwards)

FlaviusAetius

#3269 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:18 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:16 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:11 pm
Squigs44 wrote:

No I mean that you're talking about this like it's a done deal. Like our BA votes hold the same power as our lynch votes. Why?
What do you mean? It's silly if the BA isn't using his kill on scum, its the only way he can die at this point

ChippeRock

#3270 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:21 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:14 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
I haven't played with him before but this is his third game on the site. If you're asking about before that he said he's played live before as well.
Okay, wanted to know any other experience he might of mentioned besides the games on webDip.

FlaviusAetius

#3271 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:22 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:18 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
TrPrado its not because they agreed with me, its because they didnt go on an easy wagon, that was me or bozo, but instead were still interested in trying to find a better candidate, we had an hour left, more than enough time, and more than enough people to dos
Which is also why you scumread Durga for not doing it? I've also definitely scum try to pull that off before. I got a scum lynched D1 before for trying it (don't remember which game it was but I do remember who it was and that I was laughing my ass off afterwards)
I scumread Durga for being the only person who hadn't originally voted for me or bozo, and decided to scumread me, and completely ignored everything going on with TrPrado
I also scumread Nepthys(or was it ND I forgot, I'll go back and check) for last minute changing to bozo
Anyone who was on at the EoD of Day 1 and not actively trying to solve the game is probably scum
Now Im not saying their DEFINITELY scum, Im just saying their the people who need to be looked at, while the people who moved to you, are definetly not scum because they didnt sit back and do nothing

ChippeRock

#3272 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:22 pm

@Flav - TrPrado has mentioned you've played some live games before, could you go more in depth into your past Mafia experience?

FlaviusAetius

#3273 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:22 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:21 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:14 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Okay, wanted to know any other experience he might of mentioned besides the games on webDip.
Two games live, one at a party, and the other at a class trip to Washington DC

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3274 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:24 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:22 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:18 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
I scumread Durga for being the only person who hadn't originally voted for me or bozo, and decided to scumread me, and completely ignored everything going on with TrPrado
I also scumread Nepthys(or was it ND I forgot, I'll go back and check) for last minute changing to bozo
Anyone who was on at the EoD of Day 1 and not actively trying to solve the game is probably scum
Now Im not saying their DEFINITELY scum, Im just saying their the people who need to be looked at, while the people who moved to you, are definetly not scum because they didnt sit back and do nothing
Jumping onto an extra wagon is not necessarily the same as trying to solve. There's absolutely no reason to automatically consider them clear unless you're doing it for selfish reasons (they agree with you)

ChippeRock

#3275 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:27 pm

@TrPrado - while I agree with your logic about Flav, it's hard for me to make a read on him. His whole gameplay seems like either noob town or noob scum, and I'm just completely unsure what to think about the whole thing.

ChippeRock

#3276 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:28 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:27 pm
@TrPrado - while I agree with your logic about Flav, it's hard for me to make a read on him. His whole gameplay seems like either noob town or noob scum, and I'm just completely unsure what to think about the whole thing.
What's even more curious is that he appears to have a reasonable amount of experience playing Mafia...

FlaviusAetius

#3277 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:29 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:19 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:59 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Not that you've had time to give a single reason since you first scumread me over 100 pages ago.
I didn't build a big case, true, but I gave my reasons and we even discussed then so you are just lying or trying to discredit me or both.
I stand corrected. Your reasons are a "feeling" and this compilation of grasping at straws. Forgive me that such weak fluff did not stick in my mind. (Additional reply from me, and re-reply from Rdrivera can be found here.)

It baffles me that we're this far along, and this is the strongest case you've managed to make. (And more so that more people aren't scumreading you for it!) Both you and TrPrado look more like you're trying to get me lynched than actually trying to solve the game.
Honestly, I totally forgot rdrivera was even in this game this is so unlike him, I hope he did more this game in the next 20 pages, or I am going to add him to my possible scum list

FlaviusAetius

#3278 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:31 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
You agree with him??
You are the one who has been defending this position for the entire game since it happened? Did you just forget about Night one when you did that??

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3279 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:35 pm

I feel Fox and teacon are also probably scum. Nephthys falls in just behind them. I'm less sure about the rest, but rdrivera and damo seem like they're deserving of trying to pull more from. I haven't had the opportunity to do a deep dive after D2.

ChippeRock

#3280 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:36 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:31 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
You agree with him??
You are the one who has been defending this position for the entire game since it happened? Did you just forget about Night one when you did that??
Day 1 for you seemed very towny, why is why I felt with more confidence that you were more likely to be town than bozo - hence why I helped orchestrate the massive flip to keep you safe. But after Day 1, I'm just at a loss to try explaining & interpreting your posts.