M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

#1641 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 24, 2019 12:47 am

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:15 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:10 am
VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:00 am
Like did you really believe that he'd bus damo over just harping on ND day 1...really? Anyway, only people I'm voting for tomorrow are one of teacon, ND or emc, maybe percy but I'll have to double check on that one.
Why didn't you make that argument while xorxes was still alive?
I did.....
So, 3/4 of the members of the ND wagon were town. The ND wagon was far and away the largest wagon yet with 16 hours to go, and several other wagons that were much smaller. So...how the fuck did damo get lynched, all the scum needed to do was pile on a vote or to for ND, or even just mark a preference for him.

There are 3 possibilities:
1. The mafia chose to bus the godfather day 1 over just...trying to hook onto the major wagon that's been going on all day (in which case I guess xorx is your prime candidate)
Like I thought the "it's probably stupid to believe this" was implied but I guess it wasn't given people lynched him.
Listing xorxes bussing damo as one of your three possibilities and choosing another possibility as more likely is hardly the same as saying you were sure it was not the case.

Whether xorxes would bus damo was a big question, but xorxes himself was arguing that teacon bussed damo.

FlaviusAetius

#1642 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri May 24, 2019 1:01 am

Because he did...?
damo was scum, it was clear from the outset on that.
Teacon and you should of both known that he is acting radically different from his previous game.
Yea should you go off of one game? No.
But when someone is so radically different, and you are on D1, it just makes sense.

So when damo was certain to die, its convenient for teacon to go ahead and bus him. And guess what guys? We KNOW xorxes is a town so its impossible for him to have bussed damo.

teacon did though.

FlaviusAetius

#1643 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri May 24, 2019 1:02 am

@percy
That means I have no idea what is going on in your head.
You've been not only a little inactive but also voted for xorxes, I was in a rush and just went off. I would also like to hammer this night out, and get to the day phase, I dont want much talking to occur over this night, cause Im not having scum coordinate again.

VashtaNeurotic

#1644 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 am

bozo are you just....unable to get what elipses imply? They indicate a pause in rhetoric because what's about to come is usually an important phrase that undercuts or emphasizes what just came before it. Given what I said was a different thing the mafia could have done and I had just previously been like wtf why would the mafia do that in the paragraph above, it was clearly not meant to be taken as something likely to have happened. Like yes it was a "possibility" but that does not mean that I presented it as equally valid as the other two and given the language, my follow onto teacon and my clarification that I would totally be game votign for teacon or ND, that it was pretty fucking clear I didn't think xorx was guilty at all.

Like if someone lists 3 possibilities, says "I'm voting for this one" and then also talks about supporting evidence for that possibility, that means they don't believe in the other ones.

FlaviusAetius

#1645 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri May 24, 2019 2:15 am

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 am
bozo are you just....unable to get what elipses imply? They indicate a pause in rhetoric because what's about to come is usually an important phrase that undercuts or emphasizes what just came before it. Given what I said was a different thing the mafia could have done and I had just previously been like wtf why would the mafia do that in the paragraph above, it was clearly not meant to be taken as something likely to have happened. Like yes it was a "possibility" but that does not mean that I presented it as equally valid as the other two and given the language, my follow onto teacon and my clarification that I would totally be game votign for teacon or ND, that it was pretty fucking clear I didn't think xorx was guilty at all.

Like if someone lists 3 possibilities, says "I'm voting for this one" and then also talks about supporting evidence for that possibility, that means they don't believe in the other ones.
Bozo's a smart person, he chose to ignore it. Wonder why. :? :? :?

teacon7

#1646 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:31 pm

The game died waiting for the hammer.... Or we're all just discouraged. Well played, scum.

Not that I want to be a downer, but we've gone from 4 ML's to basically 1.

Thoughts so far:
  • Hammering me is still probably the best option, if for no other reason than clarity and closure. Endgames with lurkers are bad, but if you take someone sus like teacon-post-xorx into lylo... imo i'll more or less be an auto-lynch at that point.
  • As we wait for someone to endvote, let's use the time to do re-reads. Time is actually a pro-town game mechanic as it gives us a chance to catch up/discuss/break down the information differential. Rereading (or re-skimming at least) could show some dynamic we didn't see before.
  • Everyone should give a reads list before EoN... it's unlikely I'm the NK as I'm set to swing, but @ND/@Percy you guys might get it for suggesting otherwise.

bozotheclown

#1647 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 pm

VashtaNeurotic wrote:

My point is that it is enough evidence to point at now and say you did not think it was likely xorxes was bussing, but not enough to try to convince anyone to lynch teacon over xorxes, so it appears you were fine with xorxes getting mislynched but you wanted to be able to criticize the lynch after it happened.

VashtaNeurotic

#1648 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Fri May 24, 2019 9:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 pm
VashtaNeurotic wrote:

My point is that it is enough evidence to point at now and say you did not think it was likely xorxes was bussing, but not enough to try to convince anyone to lynch teacon over xorxes, so it appears you were fine with xorxes getting mislynched but you wanted to be able to criticize the lynch after it happened.
This would make sense if it seemed likely that xorx was going to get lynched, but he wasn't. I think your trying to make a theory fit your preconceived biases that I'm scum bozo, and as such everything I do is scum, rather than the more rational explanation that I thought that xorx probably being town made a lot more sense than teacon being town and made that clear with evidence, I expected that more people would agree, and I got blindsided by that not being the case at all. Anyway, assuming I survive I need to reread shit.

Can't give a super long reads list before EoN but I stand by my top subjects being emc, teacon, ND and Percy.

Percy Williams

#1649 Post by Percy Williams » Fri May 24, 2019 9:49 pm

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 pm
VashtaNeurotic wrote:

This would make sense if it seemed likely that xorx was going to get lynched, but he wasn't. I think your trying to make a theory fit your preconceived biases that I'm scum bozo, and as such everything I do is scum, rather than the more rational explanation that I thought that xorx probably being town made a lot more sense than teacon being town and made that clear with evidence, I expected that more people would agree, and I got blindsided by that not being the case at all. Anyway, assuming I survive I need to reread shit.

Can't give a super long reads list before EoN but I stand by my top subjects being emc, teacon, ND and Percy.
@Bozo
@Vashta

Please don't argue over the logic used in tunnels against each other.
That would guarantee a lose.

teacon7

#1650 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:53 pm

heh yeah we found that out the hard way

@vash - why emc?

MoscowFleet

#1651 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 pm

Currently at work, this is as close to eod as I can make it. Basically, lynch Teacon tomorrow no matter what. Do not waver. Now that we know Xorxes is town, I find it pretty hard to believe he would be wrong here.

After Teacon flips, obviously rereading should reveal a lot. After him my top suspects are Flav and Bozo. Bozo mainly because it would explain the NKs. Flav because he’s been scummy af since day 1.

The only other person who I have a strong read on is ND. If he’s scum, gg. Percy, EMC, and Vash are all pretty large question marks. That’s all from me.

Just remember: Lynch. Teacon.

Percy Williams

#1652 Post by Percy Williams » Fri May 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Percy's reads on everyone (At the last minute)

bozotheclown
This dude feels real town, Keeps with logical questioning of His consistent yet flexible scumreads.

e.m.c^42
I still think town. Very Lurky sure, and I don't approve of his last minute tactics, but for EMC I don't think that is alignment indictative

MoscowFleet
I give him townlean. but mostly Null

ND
Not sure... If Durga had been scum, I would have him in a town house in the middle of the city, but since she wasn't, he's a null read, ever so slightly scum.

teacon7
I believe he's Town. I think that XvT was a town-town showdown, and I don't want to waste the mislynch.

FlaviusAetius
Crazy Eratic Behavior! I do not like this accusatory Flavius we're getting.

VashtaNeurotic
also hosts sauron's Eye of suspicion. My current strongest Scum vote.

tl;dr
My dying wish is to not lynch Teacon, and I suspect Vashta.

bozotheclown

#1653 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 24, 2019 9:59 pm

I think we need to trust xorxes and lynch teacon and Flavius. If only one turns out to be scum, it will be lylo D6.

Foxcastle

#1654 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 24, 2019 10:00 pm

=====PHASE HAS ENDED, PLEASE HOLD=====

VashtaNeurotic

#1655 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Fri May 24, 2019 10:00 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:53 pm
heh yeah we found that out the hard way

@vash - why emc?
I mean he still fits the picture of someone forced to vote for ND or damo near the end of day 1 (like you), and hasn't been around to vote except at the end of day which has led to a lot of the chaos and has forced people to shift wagons multiple times. Hell if he posted just 10 minutes earlier day 2, Durga probably doesn't get lynched. Also I just noticed this, but he promised "infographics" and has failed to deliver on that, though it's minor.

Also another reason ND is suspect, it may be due to the power role, but the killing of EP (who was one of the people who suspected ND day 1) and ND's response of "Ooooh these guys are pros" kind of rings hollow for me, it feels odd in a sort of artificial way but I can't tell if that's confirmation bias or it geuinely being bad.

teacon7

#1656 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:01 pm

EoN3 copypasta

Lynch me if you want, but please reconsider hammering.

n3 I said to hammer so scum felt pretty confident I'd be an automatic mislynch. See the first letter of each sentence of my second post on n3.

Lynching me might still the best thing for town right now. Lylo with lurkers is bad becasue you don't know much, but lylo with someone as sus as me may be worse. I know I'm town, but you can't know that, so me walking into a lylo auto-lynch/auto-loss situation isn't good for my team's wincon. If you're gonna lynch me at all, lynch me TODAY.

I didn't chat much at night because I want to see more from you guys, and I'm not gonna put a ton of energy into the game if no one else is.

Either way, let's use today to dig for more information. Time is one of the most pro-town mechanics this game has. If we hammer today, we lose valuable time in laying groundwork for tomorrow.

teacon7

#1657 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:01 pm

again, sorry for crosspost. holding.

Foxcastle

#1658 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Sheriff Tupper and Mrs. Fletcher reviewed the cases strewn out on the Sheriff's desk at the station.

"I can't make heads or tails of it, Mrs. Fletcher. Maybe we oughta take a break for the night and start fresh tomorrow."

"You may be right, Sheriff. I just have to stop by the hardware store and then I'll call it a night," Jessica said to the Sheriff. "I've been meaning to hang this painting for ages, but my hammer seems to have disappeared. I must have lent it to a neighbor."

It was only 20 minutes later that the Sheriff got a call from Mrs. Fletcher. He rushed down to the hardware store.

Mrs. Fletcher studied the scene where the body of Harry Brandlen, the owner, lay dead in a pool of blood. The murder weapon had been dropped just out of reach. It was a hammer.

"This is getting serious, Sheriff."

BOZOTHECLOWN HAS DIED. He was Harry Brandlen, the Vanilla Townie!

Foxcastle

#1659 Post by Foxcastle » Fri May 24, 2019 10:04 pm

=====DAY 4 HAS BEGUN, YOU MAY POST=====

teacon7

#1660 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:08 pm

well... RIP bozo.

##vote teacon