Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - Signup Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ChippeRock

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - Signup Thread

#61 Post by ChippeRock » Mon May 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm
I thought we were all pretty unanimous* when we stated we would refuse to play another game with the dude?

Letting him play again just seems like a mistake
Perhaps you should go over my crime again.

Let's see, +1ed a post because I misinterpreted a rule and thought I was a spectator and thus was exempt from the rule. Deadposted a lie to try to reverse Jamiet's lynch. Deadposted again because Jamiet PMed me and publicly messaged me (a dead player for gods sake!) with antagonizing messages - continued to PM me after I told him to leave me the hell alone multiple times. Finally I reacted publicly, and told him to go fuck himself. And than I deadposted a final time asking to be banned.

I'm definitely not innocent, but you got to stop treating me like an Internet troll and more like a person who was playing his first ever Mafia game. I'm sorry I ruined the game, but there are certainly better ways Jamiet could of handled the situation that would of allowed the game to continue.

There are some good reasons why a panel of 4 experienced Mafia players sentenced me to a 1 game suspension and a 2 game God thread suspension.

ChippeRock

#62 Post by ChippeRock » Mon May 13, 2019 9:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:24 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 pm
Naturally I'm not super keen on ChippeRock's participation.
How about you post those PMs you sent me 9 months ago just to show how keen you really are/were on my participation?
How about we all remember how an entire game had to be abandoned due to your cheating?
They already do remember that. What they don't remember are those PMs you sent me. Why don't you give them a sliver of how a model Mafia player reacts to a noob ruining his game?

ChippeRock

#63 Post by ChippeRock » Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:24 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 pm

How about you post those PMs you sent me 9 months ago just to show how keen you really are/were on my participation?
How about we all remember how an entire game had to be abandoned due to your cheating?
They already do remember that. What they don't remember are those PMs you sent me. Why don't you give them a sliver of how a model Mafia player reacts to a noob ruining his game?
Don't play innocent. If you had handled the situation more calmly, that game could of been continued. Instead you decided to abandon all protocol and instead of contacting the GM, you PMed me and publicly sent angry messages on the Mafia board (coward move, you knew I couldn't respond without getting into more trouble). It's not like I maliciously caused a game to be abandoned. It was an accident (a stupid one, but this was my 1st game) - otherwise the board of 4 experienced Mafia players would of imposed a stricter sentence on me.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#64 Post by Squigs44 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:28 pm
If we were to bring back the council, then a formal decision could be made. Otherwise, the exact rules for each game are up to the GMs.

The idea that a +1 could influence the game is exactly why I think they should be allowed by living players. They are non-anonymous and you can see a timestamp on them, so you can't hide behind them like you used to able to.
As far as I can tell, we don't have a council decision, so it's a GM to GM decision whether he plays or not. I'm not aware of this 4 person jury you are taking about Chippe, did we bring back the mafia council?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#65 Post by Squigs44 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:28 pm
If we were to bring back the council, then a formal decision could be made. Otherwise, the exact rules for each game are up to the GMs.

The idea that a +1 could influence the game is exactly why I think they should be allowed by living players. They are non-anonymous and you can see a timestamp on them, so you can't hide behind them like you used to able to.
As far as I can tell, we don't have a council decision, so it's a GM to GM decision whether he plays or not. I'm not aware of this 4 person jury you are taking about Chippe, did we bring back the mafia council?
Oh wait, this wasn't the quote I was looking for. But I'm pretty sure Bo said it would be a GM to GM decision somewhere

ChippeRock

#66 Post by ChippeRock » Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 pm

After testifying my side of the story, here's my sentence:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:28 pm
After talking with Bo_Sox48 (admin), Ghug (admin), and WarLegend (Co-GM), it has been decided that you will only receive a 1 game ban, so you will not be allowed to play in M39. It has also been decided that until M42 or you complete 2 games whichever comes later, when you die you will not be given access to the God Thread. I acknowledge that some of this is my fault as GM and I am voluntarily banning myself from M39 as well. We do want you to come back and play, new players are how we can continue playing the game as old players periodically drop out. New players also bring in new ideas and make the community better. We realize that people may have a negative attitude toward you joining future mafia games, but that is something you will have to work through and prove yourself to the community. I really hope you come back and play in M40. Until then, best of luck and good wishes to you.

Ike
4 man jury.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#67 Post by Squigs44 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:08 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
After talking with Bo_Sox48 (admin), Ghug (admin), and WarLegend (Co-GM), it has been decided that you will only receive a 1 game ban, so you will not be allowed to play in M39. It has also been decided that until M42 or you complete 2 games whichever comes later, when you die you will not be given access to the God Thread. I acknowledge that some of this is my fault as GM and I am voluntarily banning myself from M39 as well. We do want you to come back and play, new players are how we can continue playing the game as old players periodically drop out. New players also bring in new ideas and make the community better. We realize that people may have a negative attitude toward you joining future mafia games, but that is something you will have to work through and prove yourself to the community. I really hope you come back and play in M40. Until then, best of luck and good wishes to you.

Ike
4 man jury.
Didn't you play in a game after this sentence and deadpost in that game as well?

ChippeRock

#68 Post by ChippeRock » Mon May 13, 2019 11:08 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:08 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:

Ike
4 man jury.
Didn't you play in a game after this sentence and deadpost in that game as well?
The last time I joined a Mafia game, the players & the GM decided not to let me play...

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#69 Post by Squigs44 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:48 pm

After that sentencing you played in Cultafia and deadposted. I don't mind giving you another chance to play, but I think ultimately it is up to Worcej to decide if you should be allowed into his game or not.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#70 Post by dargorygel » Tue May 14, 2019 12:13 am

We don't have a council... but the Mods have picked up some of the councilish duties. I thought it worthwhile to talk to Chipperock, and see if he understand what he had done wrong, and to ask him if he will play under the authority structure of the GMs and Moderators.

His sentence has been fulfilled. Those who imposed it didn't ask him to 'prove' he'd developed and matured.

So I see no reason officially to prohibit him.

However, the GMs have traditionally had the right to not allow players, if they choose.

I hope that doesn't happen, often.

I also request... please? that this topic go away. It's not going anywhere.

Whether or not Chipperock is in this game is up to the GMs.

Percy Williams

#71 Post by Percy Williams » Tue May 14, 2019 12:19 am

All this talk of councils, sentences, and juries, makes me wonder if this is super elaborate flavour. 🙃

Foxcastle

#72 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 14, 2019 12:21 am

ChippeRock was not allowed to play in M40 (which I GM'd) because after his one-game ban (from M39), he deadposted in cultafia. (Also, because of his attitude about it.) As far as I can tell, he still hasn't played a game in which he hasn't broken the rules.

I'm not opposed to letting him prove himself—it's worcej's call—but he does need to demonstrate that he can get through a game without breaking the rules so that we can stop having this debate.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#73 Post by dargorygel » Tue May 14, 2019 2:00 am

A few more spots open... Should be a Grand game!

ChippeRock

#74 Post by ChippeRock » Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 am

ChippeRock is a rulebreaker! He deadposted twice! He ruined a Mafia game! He will deadpost again!

Again, I take the majority of the responsibility for the Mafia game, but in the Cultafia game here's what I deadposted:
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:15 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:11 pm
You play horrible
You and all the others played with me in the first game and didn't realize that?
Hmm, a harmless comment. Fake news! Where's the real comment!
ChippeRock wrote:
yavuzovic wrote:
You play horrible
You and all the others played with me in the first game and didn't realize that?
What do you mean this is all he said!?! You mean to tell me that he made a single harmless deadpost like most Mafia players?? Impossible! The ChippeRock I know only posts maliciously!
ChippeRock wrote:
yavuzovic wrote:
You play horrible
That's it. See what I mean about people blowing things out of proportion?

Worcej, if you decide to ban me from this game (which will make it the 2nd time that has happened), it better be because of that 1 Mafia game I played (that I can understand), because factoring this deadpost into your ruling is ridiculous.

FlaviusAetius

#75 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue May 14, 2019 3:11 am

I'd be happy to play with you Chippie :-D

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#76 Post by dargorygel » Tue May 14, 2019 3:12 am

It is posts like this that would cause him to deny you. And it doesn't matter that the dead posts were harmless. It's the rules of our games. If you don't want to keep them, don't play. It's not complicated. Nor is it picking on you.
I recommend stopping this tactic. It's not helping your cause.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#77 Post by peterlund » Tue May 14, 2019 5:30 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 am
ChippeRock is a rulebreaker! He deadposted twice! He ruined a Mafia game! He will deadpost again!

Again, I take the majority of the responsibility for the Mafia game, but in the Cultafia game here's what I deadposted:
ChippeRock wrote:
yavuzovic wrote:
You play horrible
Hmm, a harmless comment. Fake news! Where's the real comment!
ChippeRock wrote:
yavuzovic wrote:
You play horrible
What do you mean this is all he said!?! You mean to tell me that he made a single harmless deadpost like most Mafia players?? Impossible! The ChippeRock I know only posts maliciously!
ChippeRock wrote:
yavuzovic wrote:
You play horrible
That's it. See what I mean about people blowing things out of proportion?

Worcej, if you decide to ban me from this game (which will make it the 2nd time that has happened), it better be because of that 1 Mafia game I played (that I can understand), because factoring this deadpost into your ruling is ridiculous.
Enough of excuses!

I want you to promise me that you will not dead post or break any other rule in m46 or any future game.

Jamiet99uk

#78 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 14, 2019 7:58 am

Deadposting is not allowed. That's the whole of the rule. It's not fair on GMs to ask them to evaluate every deadpost and make a judgement on the content of said deqdpost. If you think some deadposts ought to be overlooked or not considered an infraction, then you don't understand the rules our community plays by, and you don't give us any confidence that you'll play by the rules this time.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#79 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:05 am

Chippie, I usually have a very easy going approach about letting people play, because it's just a game after all. But in a game everyone have to agree to play by the rules (something you learn on kindergarten).
So, the question is simple: do you agree to play by the rules, no matter what happens (even if you are myslinched, if you are offended, etc)? Because your attitude until now doesn't indicate you have.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#80 Post by flash2015 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:33 pm

@Chippie, which is more important to you - playing the game...or your pride?

Everyone makes mistakes, me more than most (so many skeletons...). And I know in mafia things can get a bit heated, sometimes as a game tactic and sometimes just because people take things way, way too seriously...and I agree that it is very rude for someone to continue with the insults when you cannot respond.

But you just can't take this personally. The heated discussion is all just part of the game. If someone takes it too far, mention it to the GMs (who will likely speak to the person, but may not give you any satisfaction as they don't want to be seen taking sides). If you feel that it is too much if the occasional insult is thrown your way, perhaps this isn't the game for you. You aren't alone in this. Sometimes it is a bit too much for me.

But if you really want to play, all people are asking here is that you unequivocally say "I messed up and I won't do these things again"...without all the excuses to quell your hurt pride as this worries people that you could break the rules again when you get upset. Trust me, if you make it clear you won't break the rules in a couple of games no one is going to remember this stuff...except perhaps Jamie, who is definitely no saint himself (if I understand correctly he has been guilty of deadposting too). He will remind you of it until the heat death of the universe but that is Jamie being Jamie :razz:.