MINI MAFIA V GAME THREAD -- The House of Black and White

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

MINI MAFIA V GAME THREAD -- The House of Black and White

#1 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:43 am

INTRODUCTION

Waif: oh hi there I'm the Waif. Sometimes I turn my head and glare at people awkwardly like a T-1000.
You must be new here. Well if you want to make a name for yourself in this plave you better learn to have no name for yourself buckaroo. Not sure why I'm talkin like a cowgirl now but yer makin' me feel ancy. You kill only who we tells you to kill alright? No killing people who we dont authorize.
You might be wonderin what the faceless men are. Well I cant tell you. Were just a cryptic assassins guild that follows the god of death and its unclear what our purpose is other than to be weird.

So heres some rules you best git to following maggot:

Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game (for the town majority) is to kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game.

GENERAL RULES
1. All men must die ~~ Valar Morghulis.
2. A girl has no name.
3. All players are forbidden from speaking in Valyrian.
4. All players are forbidden from creating a name for themself.
5. What is dead stays dead. no deadposting, no posthumous karma or +1.
6. All players are forbidden from violating the rules.
7. All players are required to play to win, reading thy role is recommended. self voting is not a rule violation.
8. Players and/or teams may concede in the game in public if they want, but the GM wont confirm if concessions are real.
9. All players must +1 other players' posts, as its fun.

ELABORATION

0. Given a lack of omniscience, the GM cannot create a rule to resolve all possible scenarios pre-emptively. To compensate for this, the GM is permitted to resolve a given scenario however they see fit, within the remit of the rules listed above, in the interest of all participants. The GM will resolve all scenarios as closely as possible to the intention of the rules, and will present an explanation regarding the adjudication to the greatest possible detail (which does not compromise anything in-game) and as closely in accordance with the written rules as possible.

1. All role PMs have been posted in the setup information. The point of this rule is to forbid "gaming" the role PMs to determine alignments; after all, the fun of this game is reading people, not outguessing the GM.

3. Valyrian is defined as posting an encoded message on public channels that an average person would require outside software or other tools to decode. It is perfectly acceptable to leave "hidden messages" in your posts (for example, spelling out "I AM THE COP" with the first letters of every sentence), but as a rule of thumb, if you don't think the average user could decode it without a decryption service, don't post it.

4. All in-game communications should be kept within the thread. Only GM endorsed QuickTopic threads can be used for communicating with one another outside of the main game thread; aside from this, there should be no other forms of private messaging between players. You may PM the GM with questions or instructions.

5. Players who have been removed from the game are no longer playing the game, and will not be permitted to comment or +1 on it in private messages or comment threads. A special QuickTopic "God Thread" will be opened for individuals who wish to spectate on the game, or players who have been eliminated. Use this channel to discuss the game while it is still ongoing.

6. This is a catch-all rule intended to preserve the spirit of the game. If you are considering saying or doing something that may be against the spirit of the game, message the GM about it before saying/doing it and the GM will let you know whether it is allowed or not.

7. This rule simply means that your actions should in some conceivable way advance your win condition as stated in your role PM. This rule is somewhat subjective, because the difference between a mistake and sabotage is sometimes hard to determine; the GM will exercise caution and restraint in observing this rule. This also means that if you need to leave the game for any reason, you should not simply drop out, but should message me first so I can determine the best course of action.

8. If someone wishes to concede defeat, they must PM the GM, or post in their relevant QT thread for the GM to check it over. Public concessions will not be acknowledged by the GM as legitimate.

9. You are permitted to click the "+1" on any other player's in-game posts. Giving +1s to the GM, by contrast, is unecessary but will make me feel happy.

PENALTIES

The penalty for breaking one of the above rules is decided at the GM’s discretion, up to and including immediate removal from the game and/or sanctions from future games. Removal and/or sanction are instruments of last resort and will be used only if absolutely necessary. Sanctions such as future bans will be determined by the consensus of the active player base after the game has concluded. A player removed from the game may or may not have their role revealed on removal, depending on the circumstances surrounding their removal.

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

SPAM
Spamming (defined as excessive content-free posting; or, excessive posting regarding subjects irrelevant to the game) is great.

PLAYER SILENCES:
Players that have other participants on their mute list are asked to remove them for the duration of this game. Disputes stemming from outside of this game should not carry over into the gameplay. If they do, the GM reserves the right to address these issues and potentially remove or sanction players if it becomes a disruption.

FORUM SILENCES:
If a player is silenced on the forum by the site moderators/admins, an alternate will take their place for the duration of their silence. The silenced player will then have the option to take their position back over or leave it in the hands of the alternate. As long as the silence does not stem from actions involving the mafia thread, there will be no in-game sanctions for a forum silence.

REPLACEMENTS
A player wishing to drop out may be replaced at the GM's discretion. Individuals wishing to serve as potential replacements must NOT join the out-of-game God QT. Replacement is not guaranteed. Replacements will not happen unless under most extreme circumstances.

VOTING

There are three types of voting within this game: collective voting to execute perceived Mafia in Day phases, collective voting to end a Day or Night phase, and Mafia voting to kill town members in Night phases.

“Lynch” vote: The first level of voting is for whom you intend to kill. Notate this vote with a pair of hash symbols before your intended vote target. (e.g., ##VOTE WAIF) You do not need to spell out your intended target's username fully; as long as the GM can understand who you're referencing. In the event of a tie during an execution vote, no one shall be killed.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not use double hashtags your vote will not be counted, for reasons of fairness but also because it is unlikely the GM will see your vote using the CTRL+F feature and this rule thus prevents vote miscounts.

Must Vote: At the end of the Day phase, all participating players really ought to have their vote on a candidate. You may ##VOTE and then ##UNVOTE if you change your mind as the Day progresses, however you may not end the phase with an ##UNVOTE in place. Anyone violating this rule will be modkilled unless there are very extenuating circumstances. Ending the day with a vote on “No Lynch” is permitted. If youre incapable of voting or finishing a day on someone youre a bit of a twat. shame on yew.

Hammer Vote: due to shorter phases there is no hammering this game!!

Mafia Vote: The third level of voting refers to Mafia members choosing their factional NK (nightkill) target during Night phases. The mafia members will use their separate QuickTopic thread to discuss this. Please make your votes in bold, like so: kill Zultar (< b > kill Zultar < / b >). Mafia NK will be decided by majority vote. In the event of a tie, the oldest vote will break the tie. The oldest vote determines which member of the Mafia team actually performs the kill.

brainbomb

Re: MINI MAFIA V GAME THREAD -- The House of Black and White

#2 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:45 am

Phases 12/12
Entry (By Invite only, PM me for an invite)
Start date Apr 15
Game size = 11
Setup = Vanilla
Phase shifts: 7 AM - 7 PM

Town 9
Scum 2

(The first two phases of the game are day phases. Mafia does not kill until the third phase of the game)

PLAYER LIST
1. ragingike
2. percywilliams
3. e.m.c
4. dargorygel
5. vaporwave
6. Claesar
7. Jamiet99uk
8. ezio
9. squiggs
10. Ryast
11. moscowfleet

brainbomb

#3 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:45 am

Game will begin at 7pm CDT April 15th
Do not post until then.

Valar Morghulis

brainbomb

#4 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:00 am

(After last nights premiere, in a private dressing room)

George RR Martin: That was excellent. Brilliant writing. Now we just need some total shocker moments. I think your time is near.

(Anakin, Jar Jar, and C3PO are seated, nodding in agreement)

Jar Jar: Me so excited for a chance to improve my akting career muy muy.

Anakin: Yes. We will join the faceless men. What must we do George? How do we become no one?

George RR Martin: After your acting as Anakin, you became no one. You require no further training my son.

Anakin: So I am a faceless man now?

George RR Martin: Yes, a boy is truly no one now.

C3PO: The odds of becoming no one is 365,000 to 1 sir.

George RR Martin: Oh, I have a different purpose for you C3PO. My show doesnt have enough Eunuchs. Varys, Unsullied, Theon, we need even more characters without genitalia.

C3PO: I am programmed in over 160000 languages including high Valyrian.

George RR Martin: Excellent. Ill add you into my next book about the history of Valyria. You will play a faceless man who kills someone while theyre having sex. Thats what I like to do. Write sexposition plots or have someone get brutally murdered during sex.

Anakin: George, can you explain the faceless men? I dont think I understand it. Also, what are Sand Snakes... I hate sand. its coarse, and irritating, and it gets on everything.

George RR Martin: I wish I could tell you. But George RR Martin died in 1997.

(All look shocked and confused)

(George RR Martin removes his face to reveal he is George Lucas)

George Lucas: Do you understand now?

(all shake their heads no, in disbelief)

THE GAME HAS BEGUN
you may now post...

Jamiet99uk

#5 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:04 am

Hello, fellow towns.

I am not even listening to Game of Thots.

e.m.c^42

#6 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 am

ayyy hello hello

the game has finally started

I really do need to catch up with GoT, but meh

e.m.c^42

#7 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:11 am

I am going to so abuse this +1 function

the more +1's I get, the more detailed diagrams I'll make :D

That being said, I'm happy this is vanilla, since there's no mechs or pr or items to calculate for (unlike last time)

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#8 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:12 am

Hello. This is going to be fun. No NK until after two lynches. Since there are only two mafia finding links between them will be harder. Lets kill emc.

e.m.c^42

#9 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:12 am

but unfortunately, this particular setup means that means I can't continue my planned "act super scummy" study, since there's no plausible excuse of hiding from nk

Ryast

#10 Post by Ryast » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:13 am

Hello hello

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#11 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am

emc plus one'd my post saying lets kill emc. Even he agrees he must go.

Jamiet99uk

#12 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am

##VOTE MOSCOWFLEET

This setup enables low posting.

Town has no powers.

Therefore town should seek to policy lynch anyone who doesn't post regularly.

MoscowFleet is a perennial low-participant. So we lynch him until he changes his stripes and takes part.

Done.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#13 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am

Ryast wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:13 am
Hello hello
Good day good day

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#14 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:15 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am
##VOTE MOSCOWFLEET

Town has no powers.

MoscowFleet is a perennial low-participant. So we lynch him until he changes his stripes and takes part.

Done.
Trying to force someone to change their meta? Hmmm...

Ryast

#15 Post by Ryast » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Ryast wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:13 am
Hello hello
Good day good day
how are you liking the weather how are you liking the weather

e.m.c^42

#16 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:17 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
##VOTE MOSCOWFLEET

Town has no powers.

Done.
that is true: we don't have a minimum post requirement (only vote one, yeah?)

but considering time phases are also only half of what they used to be (so it's quite plausible someone can just sleep through a phase - I know that I'll have to vary my sleep schedule to an hour early if I want to make the morning phase shift)

I feel like voting this way is just being....lazy :D

Jamiet99uk

#17 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:17 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:15 am

No. What a strange allegation. Fake news, Squigs. I'll take note of your attempt to create lies early on...

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#18 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:17 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:15 am

No. What a strange allegation. Fake news, Squigs. I'll take note of your attempt to create lies early on...
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Done.
You clearly stated his meta, and then threatened to kill him unless he changed.

Jamiet99uk

#19 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:21 am

Yes, Squigs?

I don't care about his meta. I care about his performance in *this* game.

Why are you trying to distract me with previous game meta?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#20 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:24 am

So really we have two day 1's... I suspect that short of some scum slip ,(that we probably won't really catch for a few days...) Most of what we will find useful is voting patterns that we can decipher later. So vote early and often.