MINI MAFIA V GAME THREAD -- The House of Black and White

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vaporwave

Re: MINI MAFIA V GAME THREAD -- The House of Black and White

#501 Post by Vaporwave » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:45 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:21 pm
What mainly bothers me Vapor is how you've been extremely hesitant to push forth any strong stances or opinions. You've posted, but it's been almost all fluff and empty reads.
Actually, you're right. but I don't think that's too different from how he was in previous games - feel like the only difference is, this game he doesn't have anyone for his "town fortress" to sheep XD
Thank you, this is spot on. I can't function without my fave players, bozo, Vecna and a few others, I used to look up to them and then make my own stances heard because they gave me a bit of courage.

I think my activity this game is better, less ramble, more game-only opinions even if they are fluffy

Also, why they be fluffy? Everyone is floating

Very few have their feet on a ground. Ex: Percy, Squiggs

brainbomb

#502 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 am

Ive stayed up all night booking my summer vacation to California. 1 hour led to 4 hours of price comparisons.

Yosemite here I come.

also 30 min remain in the night.

e.m.c^42

#503 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:56 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 am
So, who is scum, and who is town?

At this point, I really don't have any strong feelings one way or the other. Percy and emc are both players that I have a hard time understanding or connecting with, and so reading them is hard for me to do. Ike had a great first two hours of the game, but has been pretty bad since. Ezio is awol. Moscow has had one of the stronger performances this game I think, but even he has been less active and nothing he has done has been townclearing. Vapor I don't remember much of his game either. Questions for y'all:

Emc, how does it feel to have been part of every single mislynch?

[snip]

My gut says that the scumteam is one of the following: Ezio/Percy, Ezio/MF, Percy/Emc, Ike/Vapor. Yes, I just listed off everyone. That's how awful this game has been for me.
rather disappointed but not surprised: thought I was improving a little, turns out all it was was osmosis of other people's accurate reads in the past

but guess the townread of ryast was the only right thing XD

other than that I'm prolly more clueless than you, everyone looks null-scummy tbh

MoscowFleet

#504 Post by MoscowFleet » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:59 am

So.

I haven’t really been townreading Squigs as severely as I’ve been saying I have. I do think his actions have been pretty pro-town, but with a good player like Squigs I think it’s hardly alignment-indicative. The bigger indication, to me anyways, is if he dies tonight. Which is in part why I’ve repeatedly emphasized my townread of him.

If I die (or anyone besides Squigs, for that matter), there is no good reason Squigs is alive and town. He’s universally townread and has been the most active public scumhunter. As for the argument that scum left him alive for the reason that people like me would jump to conclusions like this, I really don’t think that’s likely. Scum don’t need to play WIFOM games when they’re ahead by so much and we have so many lurkers and non-contributors.

So basically: If I die, lynch Squigs. I suspect Vapour is his partner, but that can come later. Squigs should go first.

brainbomb

#506 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:00 pm

(At the opening of the Last Skywalker)

George Lucas: Everything has gone as planned. I changed how game of thrones ends. Jon Snow falls in love with Arianne Martell.
Together the Starks and Dornish rule peacefully for 26 centuries.

Anakin: What the fuck. This is shit man. I can't take it anymore. You have got to be the worst writer ever. Oh Padme. Oh Padme. I love you. Jesus Christ you expected people to think vader was some angsty blubbering kid?

George: I can tell you are upset. Sit and enjoy the movie Annie.

Anakin: Stop calling me that. I'm hayden christensen. I'm a serious person. I want my big popcorn bag. Hands me it.

George: Hands? Hands you it?

Anakin: Shut up. God!
(stands and exits the theatre angrily)

(Jaquen and the waif sit behind George, and kick up their feet)

George: Excuse me do you people mind? I'm trying to enjoy 30 minutes of PREVIEWS.

Waif: Hello George. Congrats on killing so many dull authors. You've become quite a skilled assassin haven't you?

George: Who are you?

Waif: A girl is no one.

George: Hi no one. Now if you'll excuse me, back to my very exciting film previews.

(IN A WORLD WHERE SUPER HEROES… DON'T EVER DIE… SAY HELLO… TO ANOTHER FRANCHISE SUPERHERO…. THAT'LL NEVER DIE…)

George: Oh yea. This looks good. I love Marvel!

(HES GOT ABS, AND GUNS… HE KILLS BAD GUYS WITH HIS MIND. HES UNLIKE ANY SUPER HERO YOUVE EVER SEEN… HE IS.. UNKILLABLE HANK. THE SLICKEST PSYCHIC GUNSLINGER EVER….)

George: Oooooh Unkillable Hank! I hope he doesn't die!

(HE WON'T! BUT WE SURE AS HELL ARE GONNA GET YOU TO SPEND A TON TO WATCH A 2 HOUR MOVIE ABOUT A GUY WHOS GIRLFRIEND GETS MURDERED. AND HE LOSES HIS COOL.)

George: Oh man they kill his girl?? That's what I needed to do to Anakin. His character would've been so much cooler if he had to lose Padme.

(COMING THIS FALL, A ROMANTIC COMEDY UNLIKE ANY YOU'VE EVER SEEN. STARRING SETH ROGEN, AND SOME RANDOM CHIIIIIICK)

George: Meh. I hate rom coms.

Waif: Can you shut the hell up and die from the poisoned popcorn please?

George: The popcorn is poi-

(He falls over dead from poison)

Waif: He was spoiling the previews. The many faced god demanded it.

Jaquen: A girl was to kill him with poisoned cookie. Popcorn is not how a man must die.

Waif: Valar Morghulis

Jaquen: Ah, true. Popcorn is okay too.

(COMING THIS CHRISTMAS. WILL FERRELL IS, A REINDEER. ONLY, HE'S ALSO SUPPOSED TO SAVE HELL FROM AN INVASION OF ANGELS… RATED R)

MoscowFleet has died he was George Lucas aka George RR Martin.
A townie

e.m.c^42

#507 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 pm

rip moscow

guess you must've gotten something right or whatever in your last-minute burst of activity; gonna look into what you posted before death - can't really think of any other reasons (unless one or both scum were MIA, and didn't submit orders? that's likely, sadly enough)

but your Squigs argument is interesting, especially as he somewhat lead the past two lynches (gonna build on this later); since we're apparently badly off enough that there's no strong scumreads by anyone, imma start spouting theories in hope of sparking someone's brain :P

Percy Williams

#508 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:25 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:56 am

other than that I'm prolly more clueless than you, everyone looks null-scummy tbh
I have the reverse problem. I have almost everyone at a slight townread. By eliminating all those I townlean, that leaves Vapourwave and Squiggs, in that order.
I think this is the best way, because my town radar has been pretty accurate: I correctly guessed Moscow Ryast and Dargo were town. I did misguess Jamiet and Claesar, but Claesar was later down the list.
I think it is optimal to have a no lynch, since we all suspect everyone so any NK will help, then I vote we lynch Vapourwave, followed by Sguiggs, since even if Sguiggs is Mafia, he has been active and given us some movement.

e.m.c^42

#509 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm

aight, piggybacking off of Moscow's last point

this would be tinfoil anywhere else, but the more I think the more likely it becomes xd

So, what's suspicious this game is how Squigs has been being so off...or just lacking in specific scumreads.

like, for example, last game - on the first day he had the entire scumteam pegged with gut feel (with one exception).....and got fearkilled lol. compare that to this game; everyone's scum, and his voting record isn't much better than mine lmfao - and might even be worse considering that he's an experienced player. (are there counters for this? yeah, but will be listed in next post xD)

And the same point as Moscow made: if Squigs is that good, why haven't scum nk'd him yet? he's hasn't even really been a lynch option except for the part when it was ryast/squigs leading 2 wagons, since even the people that were somewhat scumming him were of the opinion "he's useful so far, regardless of town or scum, if he's town scum will take care of him" (was this claesar? iirc). But that hasn't happened yet, and it's what, day 4?

So now the question is, why?

1) there's always the option that scum includes Ezio, who's been MIA since phase before last, and that the NK was random.

and then there's the option 2) that Squigs is simply really, really lost town this game, and he's been so wrong that scum don't want to bother with NK'ing him - but I'm doubting he'd be really that incompetent....since he impressed me in the past lol

or 3) Squigs is scum who, without mechs to analyze (since that was something iirc that he did as scum to get townread), simply went for being semi-town leader...who's having a bad streak of inaccurate reading; and tbh, it wouldn't be hard to do that at all this game, with how lurky so many players have been :P

e.m.c^42

#510 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:29 pm

(I think that sorta follows the template, hopefully) XD

Percy Williams

#511 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:34 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:29 pm
(I think that sorta follows the template, hopefully) XD
I don't think it does, but I love the train of thought. This is why I have you solid town read.

e.m.c^42

#512 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Next up in the tinfoil line: Ez-pez Ezio!

(anyone have a picture of ezio's head to stick on a pez dispenser?)

With a beautiful grand total of 7 posts, 4 of which were votes, being:
#vote ezio (joke)
#vote nolynch (joke)
#vote emc (maybe joke?)
#vote ryast (no idea, probably serious)
(no vote)

in that order. Regardless of whether Ezio is town or scum, he should die lol

Is there any other game that we would let this pass as viable play? I don't think so. anywhere else this would be pegged as obv!scum activity, for just skipping out on the thread completely - not completely sure how moscow and squigs could've null-towned him early on, continuing to do so is either foolish, scummy, or playing at a higher level of understanding than me

used to think it was playing at a higher level, but since this is happy tinfoil that doesn't matter as much :D

Percy Williams

#513 Post by Percy Williams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Yeah, I have Ike as lazy, but this is negligent on Ezio's part.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#514 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:54 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:59 am
So.

I haven’t really been townreading Squigs as severely as I’ve been saying I have. I do think his actions have been pretty pro-town, but with a good player like Squigs I think it’s hardly alignment-indicative. The bigger indication, to me anyways, is if he dies tonight. Which is in part why I’ve repeatedly emphasized my townread of him.

If I die (or anyone besides Squigs, for that matter), there is no good reason Squigs is alive and town. He’s universally townread and has been the most active public scumhunter. As for the argument that scum left him alive for the reason that people like me would jump to conclusions like this, I really don’t think that’s likely. Scum don’t need to play WIFOM games when they’re ahead by so much and we have so many lurkers and non-contributors.

So basically: If I die, lynch Squigs. I suspect Vapour is his partner, but that can come later. Squigs should go first.
The problem with this is that you were also pretty much universally town read, without the bad track record attached. If y'all want to lynch me then go ahead, it will be the first time anyone else has done anything significant this game, and at this point I'm ready to lose to see which of you lurkers I can be mad at.
##vote Ezio at least until he shows up with an explanation.
If Ezio is town and doesn't show up, we've pretty much already lost.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#515 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:04 pm

The two people I tried to get lynched that didn't pick up momentum were Ezio and Percy. I'm going to go with those two as the last two for now

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#516 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:04 pm

And by last two I mean only two

e.m.c^42

#517 Post by e.m.c^42 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:04 pm
The two people I tried to get lynched that didn't pick up momentum were Ezio and Percy. I'm going to go with those two as the last two for now
I'm willing to lynch Ezio :P

either that or you lol

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#518 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:50 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:40 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:04 pm
I'm willing to lynch Ezio :P

either that or you lol
So you think the last two scum are Ezio and I. That means you think I'm bussing Ezio? And bussed him yesterday?

Ezio

#519 Post by Ezio » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Hey everybody. been busy the last few phases. Part of the beauty of 12 hour day phases is a single busy period will lead to multiple low activity days in a row.

These mafia NK's make very little sense to me.

We need to ##Vote squigs.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#520 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:01 pm

Ezio wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:54 pm
Hey everybody. been busy the last few phases. Part of the beauty of 12 hour day phases is a single busy period will lead to multiple low activity days in a row.

These mafia NK's make very little sense to me.

We need to ##Vote squigs.
Ezio! Will you be back long enough to actually look at the game and discuss things?