MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#1441 Post by Ezio » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Thamrick, Xorxes, Ezio, Moscow. That's my prediction for the Mafia mob, at the present time.
You just picked me and the people who have defended me. That's not scumhunting that's being lazy.

bozotheclown

#1442 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:53 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:08 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:49 am

My 50-50 estimation seems much more reasonable than your 100-0.

Anyways, that's water under the bridge. I think you would have shot someone else if you were mafia, and in any case you probably wouldn't have claimed the gun, so I think you're likely town (and a very marginal chance you're alien).
RagingIke claimed a gun D1 as scum in M41 for the purpose of getting town read, and it worked well. It might have won the game for the mafia if his replacement had not been killed by the serial killer. Also, if dargorygel was town, he was a good choice for the shot because he could be justified as a top scum read.

##VOTE Ezio
Bozo think this through. If I actually had the gun and was mafia, why would I ever claim? I'd just have turned Xorxes or Vecna into a pile of ashes first thing d1. I wouldn't tell anyone I had the gun and nobody would know it was me.
The only situation where I don't do that as scum is if I'm scum with both of them.

You're only thinking about it after I claimed, rather than thinking about the logic behind claiming in the first place. You're better than this.
Do you remember M41 when RagingIke claimed a gun and shot you D1 when he could have shot xorxes or Vecna without anyone knowing it was him? My question is why you would claim the gun as town.

e.m.c^42

#1443 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:05 am
@emc - I know you hate doing it, but give me a couple reads here. Who do you have as most towny/most scummy?
just gut feeling, okay

I can do this XD

for townleaning;
vecna (w/o wifom), I like his live interactions better than not
rdr, although this is kinda really surface-level, as he actually contributed with questions, and more than "aight there's a beach and shit, cya later"
and Ezio since I kinda feel like he's just giddy that for once, he can't get shot lol - rather than actively being detrimental

for a little scumleaning; vecna (with wifom), and vapor at times feels a little bit...overboard? but it might be just me.

and idk if Moscow is just really busy/gone, or intentionally being mia, but he feels meh regardless, really do hope he doesn't have to get subbed out since I want to see him actually play xD

can't tell about bo, so guess he's staying null

Jamiet99uk

#1444 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Ok, gotta go. Sheep me to victory and I'll write you another song.

Jamiet99uk

#1445 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:01 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Thamrick, Xorxes, Ezio, Moscow. That's my prediction for the Mafia mob, at the present time.
You just picked me and the people who have defended me. That's not scumhunting that's being lazy.
Actually my read on Thamrick and Xorxes is nothing to do with you.

You're definitely scum and we're lynching you today laddie.

e.m.c^42

#1446 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:01 pm

oh and also, Jamie is really relaxed, so I'm tempted to like that as well

thamrick

#1447 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:03 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:01 pm
oh and also, Jamie is really relaxed, so I'm tempted to like that as well
Good call. Jamie is town.

Ezio

#1448 Post by Ezio » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:06 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:08 am

RagingIke claimed a gun D1 as scum in M41 for the purpose of getting town read, and it worked well. It might have won the game for the mafia if his replacement had not been killed by the serial killer. Also, if dargorygel was town, he was a good choice for the shot because he could be justified as a top scum read.

##VOTE Ezio
Bozo think this through. If I actually had the gun and was mafia, why would I ever claim? I'd just have turned Xorxes or Vecna into a pile of ashes first thing d1. I wouldn't tell anyone I had the gun and nobody would know it was me.
The only situation where I don't do that as scum is if I'm scum with both of them.

You're only thinking about it after I claimed, rather than thinking about the logic behind claiming in the first place. You're better than this.
Do you remember M41 when RagingIke claimed a gun and shot you D1 when he could have shot xorxes or Vecna without anyone knowing it was him? My question is why you would claim the gun as town.
Ike doesn't respect Xorxes and Vecna as much as I do. There's a reason whenever I'm mafia the best player dies the first night and the second best player dies the second night with the only exception being clears/PR shit going on.

I also thought Ike's gun revealed who the shooter was, in which case the silent hipfire would have looked far worse.

Why claim it as town? I wanted to force more discussion last night and I was going to shoot it no matter what b/c I wasn't going to have my shit stolen by the item thief.

e.m.c^42

#1449 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:07 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 am
What the hell are you two talking about and why are you going out of your way to pat him on the shoulder and say "it's okay" like you're his big brother or something?
Oh lol no, I was pointing out it was hypocritical of him to use that fact to case me when imo he was doing the same?

thamrick

#1450 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:08 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:05 am
@emc - I know you hate doing it, but give me a couple reads here. Who do you have as most towny/most scummy?
just gut feeling, okay

I can do this XD

for townleaning;
vecna (w/o wifom), I like his live interactions better than not
rdr, although this is kinda really surface-level, as he actually contributed with questions, and more than "aight there's a beach and shit, cya later"
and Ezio since I kinda feel like he's just giddy that for once, he can't get shot lol - rather than actively being detrimental

for a little scumleaning; vecna (with wifom), and vapor at times feels a little bit...overboard? but it might be just me.

and idk if Moscow is just really busy/gone, or intentionally being mia, but he feels meh regardless, really do hope he doesn't have to get subbed out since I want to see him actually play xD

can't tell about bo, so guess he's staying null
Turns out you didn't learn anything from before though

Very underwhelmed by these reads.

Vecna both a town and scum read

rdr a townread for out of game considerations and also for being different from a game when he was town?

Ezio for reasons you said you hadn't had experience with before

Vapor isn't scum

Moscow for out of game reasons plus not really even giving a read on him

bo as a null gives me :? as well. What makes you say you can't tell. Walk me through your thoughts

thamrick

#1451 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Ike doesn't respect Xorxes and Vecna as much as I do. There's a reason whenever I'm mafia the best player dies the first night and the second best player dies the second night with the only exception being clears/PR shit going on.

I also thought Ike's gun revealed who the shooter was, in which case the silent hipfire would have looked far worse.

Why claim it as town? I wanted to force more discussion last night and I was going to shoot it no matter what b/c I wasn't going to have my shit stolen by the item thief.
Per your interpretation, if item thief HAD targeted you N1, would your shot still have gone through?

e.m.c^42

#1452 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:13 pm

you said gut feeling XD

so there was almost no logical thought behind it, just "oh, I like reading this", and then "idk the more I think about it the more unsure I get" followed by "who give a shit just gonna write it anyways"

Ezio

#1453 Post by Ezio » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:27 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:12 pm
Ezio wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Per your interpretation, if item thief HAD targeted you N1, would your shot still have gone through?
Yes. My disintegration was instantaneous and would have not been part of the EoD adjudications at all, however the announcement is only made at EoD.

e.m.c^42

#1454 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:29 pm

but okay, I'll try to elaborate coherently :D

overall, I think Vecna is town, but there is a difference imo this game asides from the live-posting, but I'm not sure if it's just caused by that fact, rather than something separate.

the questioning part of his posts remains the same I think, unlike what Neph
may be completely wrong, but this game so far he's been more tinfoil/theory discussing, rather than before when he would be a lot more cocky and "abc is def town, xyz is scummy shit"

and the thing is, I think he's getting townread for that fact, and pretty sure he's good enough to know that too -- so it's not impossible that it was deliberate in order to gain that effect

but now I feel like it's just wifom
....or is it intentionally induced wifom? xd

it also doesn't help that I had a dream last night that he was alien lmfao
and it's been skewing my thoughts in unwanted directions

thamrick

#1455 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:27 pm
thamrick wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Yes. My disintegration was instantaneous and would have not been part of the EoD adjudications at all, however the announcement is only made at EoD.
That's how I interpreted it at first as well. However, reading the rules, I'm less sure. Did you clarify with GMs?

thamrick

#1456 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:31 pm

Lol okay emc.

I really am curious to know your thoughts on bo that make him null

e.m.c^42

#1457 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:32 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:29 pm
but okay, I'll try to elaborate coherently :D

overall, I think Vecna is town, but there is a difference imo this game asides from the live-posting, but I'm not sure if it's just caused by that fact, rather than something separate.

the questioning part of his posts remains the same I think, (unlike what Neph said about pointless content)
I may be completely wrong, since this is just overall impression,
but this game so far he's been more tinfoil/theory discussing, rather than before when he would be a lot more cocky and "abc is def town, xyz is scummy shit"
[snip]
*edit since I didn't finish the sentence

Jamiet99uk

#1458 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:33 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:27 pm
thamrick wrote:
Ezio wrote:

This is false.

ORDER OF ADJUDICATION:
Mafia Faction RB/RB items
Army Truck Driver
Alien
Item Thief
Cop Scans/Gov Security Check
Mafia Faction Kill/Kill Items
Alien Synthesizer
Medicine Man/Holy Herb/Triage/Reverse Alien DNA
Intelligence Box/Secretary Power

It's very clearly a killing item, and nothing in its description says that it has instant effect at night. It does say this happens in the day phase. If the same applied at night surely that would be stated too?

Jamiet99uk

#1459 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:34 pm

##CALL GM

If the Alien Ray Gun is fired at night, does it adjudicate instantly, or at EoN?

e.m.c^42

#1460 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:35 pm

why did Ezio say EOD?

aren't all those actions end-of-night?

unless he shot before day 1 ended, and the results only show the next day?