MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#3981 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:30 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:06 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:18 pm

This seems to imply that the game is not worth his effort if he is going to get lynched next, but if he is town his effort would still be useful to town because when he flipped town we would know his reads were coming from a town perspective.
No, it's implying that I don't really have an opportunity to provide effort, and I'm acknowledging that I probably won't be much help. I've given my thoughts. Vecna flipping provides me no new information because I haven't read the game.

If the dead scum had interacted more with Quas than with everyone else, would you have used that as evidence against me too?
Maybe, anything out of the ordinary is worth looking at to see if it means anything.
You're not looking into it to see if it means anything though. You're finding things that are out of the ordinary and then using them to feed your confbias.

I don't really know what Quas did to get so widely scumread, but I do know that the assassin didn't know his teammates' identities, which means the case revolves primarily around his actions in a vacuum rather than his connections, which tends to be a low-success method of scumhunting.

What I also see is that everyone except Nephthys is content to lynch me, and has been since I joined (Vecna included). Tunneling (from apparently game start) is pretty scummy, which points to Nepthys. Vapor seems to have been entertaining other people as options, and became more inclined to just lynch me once Vecna was reveals, which tracks with someone who was trying to work around lynching someone they thought was their teammate. Jamie seems confident and thamrick lazy, so I'm inclined to think they're less likely.

bozotheclown

#3982 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:37 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:30 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:50 pm

No, it's implying that I don't really have an opportunity to provide effort, and I'm acknowledging that I probably won't be much help. I've given my thoughts. Vecna flipping provides me no new information because I haven't read the game.

If the dead scum had interacted more with Quas than with everyone else, would you have used that as evidence against me too?
Maybe, anything out of the ordinary is worth looking at to see if it means anything.
You're not looking into it to see if it means anything though. You're finding things that are out of the ordinary and then using them to feed your confbias.

I don't really know what Quas did to get so widely scumread, but I do know that the assassin didn't know his teammates' identities, which means the case revolves primarily around his actions in a vacuum rather than his connections, which tends to be a low-success method of scumhunting.

What I also see is that everyone except Nephthys is content to lynch me, and has been since I joined (Vecna included). Tunneling (from apparently game start) is pretty scummy, which points to Nepthys. Vapor seems to have been entertaining other people as options, and became more inclined to just lynch me once Vecna was reveals, which tracks with someone who was trying to work around lynching someone they thought was their teammate. Jamie seems confident and thamrick lazy, so I'm inclined to think they're less likely.
The scum knew the identity of the assassin, which is why I was looking at how the scum interacted with all of the assassin possibilities.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3983 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:20 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:37 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:30 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

The scum knew the identity of the assassin, which is why I was looking at how the scum interacted with all of the assassin possibilities.
Sure, but that's not the basis of your read on me. It's your attempt to justify your opinion after the fact.

thamrick

#3984 Post by thamrick » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:57 pm

So.... there's also the possibility that MF gave a gun to scum as well. Seems unlikely, but it's also possible.

We can probably guess that MF didn't give a vest to emc.

He definitely claimed that he had already given an item out.

It's also possible that he gave someone a dart and they shot Ike N2. Tbh though, I don't know why you'd ever give someone a dart in this setup.

thamrick

#3985 Post by thamrick » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Also, if someone does have the intel box, if you don't use it tonight, we won't be able to trust your results any other night.

thamrick

#3986 Post by thamrick » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:48 pm
Jamiet tried to lowkey subdue the situation with you instead of pushing it over the top. I did not get the feel for that exaggeration that he often does as scum. It could be he just changed it up completely again from the last few games because its obviously not been working for him, but I do feel his shit is genuine this game.

If he was scum I feel he'd go completely gunshit crazy over the encryption shit for example, but instead he joined in on it.

Different types of contradictory behavior.

Probably sounding like shit reasoning since with Jamiet it always comes down to those weird gut feelings, but im feeling pretty fine with my read.
gunshit isn't a word.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3987 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 pm

thamrick wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:07 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:48 pm
Jamiet tried to lowkey subdue the situation with you instead of pushing it over the top. I did not get the feel for that exaggeration that he often does as scum. It could be he just changed it up completely again from the last few games because its obviously not been working for him, but I do feel his shit is genuine this game.

If he was scum I feel he'd go completely gunshit crazy over the encryption shit for example, but instead he joined in on it.

Different types of contradictory behavior.

Probably sounding like shit reasoning since with Jamiet it always comes down to those weird gut feelings, but im feeling pretty fine with my read.
gunshit isn't a word.
Vecna's ESL.

Nephthys

#3988 Post by Nephthys » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:56 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:16 pm
D4 ended on a Saturday, and I was=s not online all day and came back to find my self the lead wagon less than an hour before EOD. The five votes I had were all from confirmed town plus emc. Almost no one was online, so it became obvious the only chance I had to avoid the lynch was to claim cop. I claimed cop about 30 minutes before EOD, and only five players were active after that. Ike was one, but he was assumed to be infected (which he was) and he was voting for rdrivera so the alien could not hide his vote. Three others were LordQuas, Vaporwave, and thamrick. LordQuas voted for me at first, but it was one a minute after my claim and it was obvious he had not seen it yet. When he saw my claim, he unvoted and questioned me about my claim, but disappeared while I was still leading the vote. Vaporwave and thamrick were not voting for me, but they both changed their votes to MoscowFleet, who was the only option to prevent my lynch. rdrivera came on at EOD and also voted for MoscowFleet, but the Vaporwave and thamrick votes were critical in preventing my lynch. LordQuas returned after EOD saying he thought he had more time before OED.

There was also this from Vaporwave:
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:47 pm
he's online!

Neph was called by my vote, we've landed on sci-fi territory
There is no way to verify this, but if accurate, it means Nephthys was online when he could have helped prevent my lynch but left without posting or moving his vote.

In conclusion, Vaporwave and thamrick come out looking good for saving me after my cop claim. LordQuas looks bad for failing to help. He removed his vote on me after I claimed, but if he had not done that, it would have looked very bad and he would have known that. By not voting for a counterwagon and then disappearing, it looks like he was trying to let me get lynched. If Nephthys was really online, he does not look good here either for not taking any action. Jamie never posted or appeared to be online after my claim.
Yes I was momentarily online.

No I did not read anything.

I was unaware of your claim.

I checked because if there was less than a page of content I would have been able to read up and contribute to EOD. I saw there was more than I had time to read and so left. EOD falls at a very awkward time for me during the week and so often I can only get 2 mins to check in if at all.

Nephthys

#3989 Post by Nephthys » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:16 pm
D4 ended on a Saturday, and I was=s not online all day and came back to find my self the lead wagon less than an hour before EOD. The five votes I had were all from confirmed town plus emc. Almost no one was online, so it became obvious the only chance I had to avoid the lynch was to claim cop. I claimed cop about 30 minutes before EOD, and only five players were active after that. Ike was one, but he was assumed to be infected (which he was) and he was voting for rdrivera so the alien could not hide his vote. Three others were LordQuas, Vaporwave, and thamrick. LordQuas voted for me at first, but it was one a minute after my claim and it was obvious he had not seen it yet. When he saw my claim, he unvoted and questioned me about my claim, but disappeared while I was still leading the vote. Vaporwave and thamrick were not voting for me, but they both changed their votes to MoscowFleet, who was the only option to prevent my lynch. rdrivera came on at EOD and also voted for MoscowFleet, but the Vaporwave and thamrick votes were critical in preventing my lynch. LordQuas returned after EOD saying he thought he had more time before OED.

There was also this from Vaporwave:
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:47 pm
he's online!

Neph was called by my vote, we've landed on sci-fi territory
There is no way to verify this, but if accurate, it means Nephthys was online when he could have helped prevent my lynch but left without posting or moving his vote.

In conclusion, Vaporwave and thamrick come out looking good for saving me after my cop claim. LordQuas looks bad for failing to help. He removed his vote on me after I claimed, but if he had not done that, it would have looked very bad and he would have known that. By not voting for a counterwagon and then disappearing, it looks like he was trying to let me get lynched. If Nephthys was really online, he does not look good here either for not taking any action. Jamie never posted or appeared to be online after my claim.
This is also why I would choose bozo to be with in lylo anyday. Best endgame player on the site

bozotheclown

#3990 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:59 pm

My suggested lynch order is:

1. ghug
2. Nephthys
3. Jamie (if 1 and 2 become clear)

ND

#3991 Post by ND » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:00 pm

-Night 7 Result-

Just a few hours ago the Cabinet Secretary’s plane exploded on the runway which obviously caused the entire base to go into an uproar. The entire afternoon and evening was consumed with cleanup work. The base security forces, scientists, et al were forced to cleanup the plane debris and put out fires. However, something was still not right at Area-51. There was an unseen presence that clung to the base. Waiting and watching.

---

Outside of Area-51 at the the Little A’Le’Inn in rural Nevada a gruff looking man sat drinking his coffee. He had come out nearly 7 days ago to assist in the effort to capture the alien lifeform, but his partner Professor Hindenburg, a German Scientist, who had immigrated to the United States through Operation Paperclip had vanished the first night. No one knew what happened to him.

The gruff looking man pulled out his notebook and scribbled a few notes in it. His friend in Washington D.C. was supposed to give him a call after midnight with a security check. All week he had been calling Bob Mulenor in the FBI and getting him to snope around. He had found a surprisingly high number of individuals with an above top secret security clearance. All of them part of some shadow group called MJ-12.

Well Eddy Buck knew that they were up to no good. That Secretary for Truman was up to no good as well. Buck sighed and took another sip of his coffee.

----

Time went by and around midnight Eddy Buck went over to the payphone. To his horror he found out that the cord to the payphone was cut.

“Damnit!” Buck turned around and that’s when the lights to the Little A’le’Inn diner went out. In the shadows he saw a man in a black trench coat approach him. Before Buck could do anything there was a gunshot.

BOZO otherwise known as EDDY BUCK the LAZY COP was MURDERED

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3992 Post by dargorygel » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:01 pm

##GM NOTE
bozotheclown is dead. He was EDDY BUCK the LAZY COP

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3993 Post by dargorygel » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:01 pm

##GM NOTE

Day 8 has begun
You may post

Vaporwave

#3994 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:06 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 pm

Vecna's ESL.
No way? Vecna too? :o

That's cool

Vaporwave

#3995 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:10 pm

wait, Vecna also used poopchute and that's also not a word

Vecna and I are prone to invent nonsensical words :lol:

Vaporwave

#3996 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Neph
Jamiet
Vap
thamrick
ghag
Ezio

Ezio is confirmed town and I think he should vote first, then we can get thamrick/Jamiet to vote in no particular order, then the POE guys: me, Neph and ghag

Ezio

#3997 Post by Ezio » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:13 pm
Neph
Jamiet
Vap
thamrick
ghag
Ezio

Ezio is confirmed town and I think he should vote first, then we can get thamrick/Jamiet to vote in no particular order, then the POE guys: me, Neph and ghag
Nope. The exact opposite is true. The people we don't know are the ones we want to see vote first.

Nephthys

#3998 Post by Nephthys » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Ezio wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Neph
Jamiet
Vap
thamrick
ghag
Ezio

Nope. The exact opposite is true. The people we don't know are the ones we want to see vote first.
Exactly, as perhaps the person behind ghug with the most suspicion I will kick things off

##vote ghug

Lets bring it home for bozo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3999 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:08 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 pm
Ezio wrote:
Vaporwave wrote:
Neph
Jamiet
Vap
thamrick
ghag
Ezio

Exactly, as perhaps the person behind ghug with the most suspicion I will kick things off

##vote ghug

Bitch what happened to your hard on for vapor?

Nephthys

#4000 Post by Nephthys » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:08 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 pm
Ezio wrote:

##vote ghug

Bitch what happened to your hard on for vapor?
I still think there is a reasonable chance he is scum. I like to keep my options open and bozo made some very valid points.