MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#1601 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:31 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:24 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:21 pm
OK, I'm now thinking Ezio is the alien after all.

I don't see any chance he has the ray gun as mafia, claims it, claims alien, shoots the gun N1 killing one of his own (or a townie that could have been an easy lynch). It just doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, he can do wild stuff for the team, but with some logic behind it. Getting all the attention for two days with the result of two dead scum is just not a good trade off in any universe.

If he is town, his play has been attrocious. I could understand claiming alien as a reaction test, but maintaining the claim until 30 minutes before deadline, with a confirmation of the claim in between is less believable. And when you add the complete waste of the gunshot on someone that we could have lynched and gotten info from? You have a gun designed to be used on a confirmed scum and you waste it like that? Horrible play if town, and I want to think Ezio knows better than that.

That only leaves alien. It's still hard to believe, but we have to go with the most obvious. He got a shitty role, one that was bound to be caught by the vote mechanics, and so he played as best as he could trying an alliance with the town which doesn't really work because he has nothing to give us.

My guess is he infected dargo before killing him, so that he won't get caught by the D3 plan, in which case we would be wasting a day if we waited to do that for confirmation. So ##VOTE Ezio
I cant work out whether or not this post really concerns me.

On one hand, xorx guessed that Tom was potentially lying about cop claim and that was one that people were pretty happy with.

What I fail to understand is why there no chance that he is mafia.

Darg was about 90% chance of being the lynch I would say, definitely above 50%, shooting him does one very important thing, it denies us information. Without information our lives are significantly harder, and this is something that a scumteam, especially one that are all being widely scumread would certainly consider if not carry out.

On the other hand, it is pretty unlikely, but still...
Yes, but how could Ezio predict at the beginning of the day that dargo would be in such deep shit at night? Claiming the gun (when he really does have it!) and claiming alien just does not make any sense for mafia that I can work out.

bozotheclown

#1602 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:31 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:20 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:39 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:23 pm

I believe the Attotney story is true. It doesn't really change things much though.
Walk me through your logic here;

I get the part about thinking on day1 as alien: Fuck, this day3 plan is gonna screw me over.

I get the part of then thinking about infecting your target and shooting him.

But how does the part of asking everyone to vote for a target, claim you do have the gun, and this gm story fit together?

Because if he was thinking the gunshot would register earlier, he'd have to infect someone else and his whole plan would fall apart.
Ah, good point, those two things can't be true together. I'm still believing the Attotney story (first time it was unintentional, but so felicitous I had to repeat it). Then he may have infected someone else.
It has been confirmed that the alien does not have to infect someone.

Jamiet99uk

#1603 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:32 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:30 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:09 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Nice of you to join us with wonderful contributions such as this. No irony in it at all.
Tis my job to point out unusual, interesting, unexpected and inexplicable things. It's yours to figure out what to do with said info.

Also, I was truck driven and as a result of that I was role blocked last night
Does someone else wants to claim being driven and therefore claim being the role block target?
I was neither driven, nor Roleblocked.

Nephthys

#1604 Post by Nephthys » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:36 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:31 pm
Nephthys wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:21 pm
OK, I'm now thinking Ezio is the alien after all.

I don't see any chance he has the ray gun as mafia, claims it, claims alien, shoots the gun N1 killing one of his own (or a townie that could have been an easy lynch). It just doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, he can do wild stuff for the team, but with some logic behind it. Getting all the attention for two days with the result of two dead scum is just not a good trade off in any universe.

If he is town, his play has been attrocious. I could understand claiming alien as a reaction test, but maintaining the claim until 30 minutes before deadline, with a confirmation of the claim in between is less believable. And when you add the complete waste of the gunshot on someone that we could have lynched and gotten info from? You have a gun designed to be used on a confirmed scum and you waste it like that? Horrible play if town, and I want to think Ezio knows better than that.

That only leaves alien. It's still hard to believe, but we have to go with the most obvious. He got a shitty role, one that was bound to be caught by the vote mechanics, and so he played as best as he could trying an alliance with the town which doesn't really work because he has nothing to give us.

My guess is he infected dargo before killing him, so that he won't get caught by the D3 plan, in which case we would be wasting a day if we waited to do that for confirmation. So ##VOTE Ezio

On one hand, xorx guessed that Tom was potentially lying about cop claim and that was one that people were pretty happy with.

Darg was about 90% chance of being the lynch I would say, definitely above 50%, shooting him does one very important thing, it denies us information. Without information our lives are significantly harder, and this is something that a scumteam, especially one that are all being widely scumread would certainly consider if not carry out.

Yes, but how could Ezio predict at the beginning of the day that dargo would be in such deep shit at night? Claiming the gun (when he really does have it!) and claiming alien just does not make any sense for mafia that I can work out.
Once again, its not the most likely, I do agree that it is unlikely, however;

When lying whats the easiest way to get people to believe you? Tell as much truth as you can except the lie. This means that more is provable and you are less likely to get caught out.

Why would you claim alien and the one item that can day kill alien? This just means that we are more likely to consider his claim and less likely to just tell someone to shoot him. Oddly enough this derails the discussion from scumhunting, which, funnily enough, can easily be scum motivated.

Perhaps having the gun gave him the idea, perhaps he's seen strange claims work out very well for people in the past to hide as scum (Ike in M41, Balki in invitational etc)

I don't think its as impossible as you make it out to be.

xorxes

#1605 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 pm

@Ezio: what do you think of the idea of shooting you with the Heat Gun to confirm you're not the alien? And why didn't you think of this yourself?

xorxes

#1606 Post by xorxes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:36 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:31 pm
Nephthys wrote:

Once again, its not the most likely, I do agree that it is unlikely, however;

When lying whats the easiest way to get people to believe you? Tell as much truth as you can except the lie. This means that more is provable and you are less likely to get caught out.

Why would you claim alien and the one item that can day kill alien? This just means that we are more likely to consider his claim and less likely to just tell someone to shoot him. Oddly enough this derails the discussion from scumhunting, which, funnily enough, can easily be scum motivated.

Perhaps having the gun gave him the idea, perhaps he's seen strange claims work out very well for people in the past to hide as scum (Ike in M41, Balki in invitational etc)

I don't think its as impossible as you make it out to be.
It's clearly not impossible, just extremely unlikely. We can come up with all kinds of unlikely ideas to lynch anyone, but it's not a good idea to base the lynch on the most unlikely we can think just because it's possible.

Nephthys

#1607 Post by Nephthys » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:45 pm

As for voting, I don't think it should be only Ezio up for the lynch today.

People I would be happy lynching;

Venca, EMC, Ezio, Worcej

To give some variety ##vote worcej

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1608 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:45 pm
As for voting, I don't think it should be only Ezio up for the lynch today.

People I would be happy lynching;

Venca, EMC, Ezio, Worcej

To give some variety ##vote worcej
Vecna is 100% not scum.

Worcej is a good vote.

Jamiet99uk

#1609 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Vecna isn't scum, but what about Venca?

LordQuas

#1610 Post by LordQuas » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:29 pm

I'm not caught up but good morning, does anyone have any questions for me

Jamiet99uk

#1611 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:29 pm
Hi Quas,

Please vote for Ezio. He's probably actually the Alien.

thamrick

#1612 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:14 pm
Thamrick is the top poster so far today? :lol:
Yeah. And no one will talk with me. :cry:

thamrick

#1613 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:35 pm

##VOTE xorxes

He's scum.

Jamiet99uk

#1614 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:36 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
I'm here, Thambalam. What would you like to discuss?

thamrick

#1615 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:36 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:40 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:34 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:26 pm
Even with town dargo. it just doesn't make any sense that mafia Ezio would claim the gun to begin with, plus claim alien, all on D1 when nothing was happening.
If I'm reading this correctly, what you're saying here is that it's unlikely for Ezio to be scum, further supporting your theory that he's possibly alien? Or supporting your previous townread lol
"Scum" covers both mafia and alien, so what I'm saying is that I can't see him as being mafia, but I now see him as very likely being alien. I still think at this point we should be hunting mafia, not the alien, and that's why I didn't think Ezio was the best lynch for today, but I'm pretty convinced he's the alien by now.
:eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

LordQuas

#1616 Post by LordQuas » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Hi Quas,

maybe but I'm reading through here and you're tunneled as hell. Your Ezio gun comments don't make any sense and you look like you're looking for reasons TO lynch Ezio not to determine his alignment

LordQuas

#1617 Post by LordQuas » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:39 pm

can we pressure this?

##Vote e.m.c.

Jamiet99uk

#1618 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:39 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Hi Quas,

maybe but I'm reading through here and you're tunneled as hell. Your Ezio gun comments don't make any sense and you look like you're looking for reasons TO lynch Ezio not to determine his alignment
Please highlight any comments which do not make sense and I will try my best to assist.

thamrick

#1619 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:36 pm
thamrick wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
I'm here, Thambalam. What would you like to discuss?
How many more titles you think Federer can win? Will he top 109?

As far as the game, why are you so content with a runaway Ezio wagon today, regardless of how you view him?

thamrick

#1620 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Same question(s) for rdr^