MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#1261 Post by Nephthys » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 pm

First off I will start with Vecna because most people seem to be townreading him and I do not. He is one of my top Scumreads.

Vecna, to my understanding has never before rolled scum. This means he has his town play well and truly entrenched. To avoid suspicion he then must copy that exact meta to avoid suspicion.

The thing I tend to not most about Vecna is that his posts are short and sweet, one question and he moves on.

This game, most of his posts (pre pg 20), are unnecessarily long and verbose. There is nothing to the point about them at all. It's textbook trying to imitate something. On page 20 I drop in with my "Vecna is hard scum". Following this you will note that his posts immediately become more succinct and to the point. 5 pages later he then calls me out "wishing that I would participate". I think this is him hoping that this would cause a town to pick it up and start my wagon.

He also mentions being bored which also tends to point scum as they have to information. Many other people have also done it though so more it adds to the case than it gives me the read.

Vecna sits as my 2nd scumread

In terms of connections, I felt as though this exchange between EMC and Vecna was very off
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 pm

but the way Vecna responded seems like he's certain of the third theory---@Vecna, could you elaborate a lil' bit? (unless you did so to move topic off, then feel free to not respond)

Seems like EMC as the new guy potentially not trying to piss off one of the "better players" and giving him a free out.

xorxes

#1262 Post by xorxes » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:33 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 pm
So I guess I owe everyone an explanation for my somewhat erroneous behavior this game so far.

I decided to it back and watch and just observe the game, and also to post nothing/shit in an attempt to present myself as a rather easy LHF. However I'm getting bored and don't think I'm gonna get anything more from it.

In terms of who mentioned my behavior it went, Squigs -> EMC -> Jamie (D1) then Vecna -> Xorx -> Bo N1 (I think).

This is what I have learned;
OK, that's what you learned from your reaction test.

What were your observations about everything else that was happening in the game?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1263 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 pm
First off I will start with Vecna because most people seem to be townreading him and I do not. He is one of my top Scumreads.

Vecna, to my understanding has never before rolled scum. This means he has his town play well and truly entrenched. To avoid suspicion he then must copy that exact meta to avoid suspicion.

The thing I tend to not most about Vecna is that his posts are short and sweet, one question and he moves on.

This game, most of his posts (pre pg 20), are unnecessarily long and verbose. There is nothing to the point about them at all. It's textbook trying to imitate something. On page 20 I drop in with my "Vecna is hard scum". Following this you will note that his posts immediately become more succinct and to the point. 5 pages later he then calls me out "wishing that I would participate". I think this is him hoping that this would cause a town to pick it up and start my wagon.

He also mentions being bored which also tends to point scum as they have to information. Many other people have also done it though so more it adds to the case than it gives me the read.

In terms of connections, I felt as though this exchange between EMC and Vecna was very off
e.m.c^42 wrote:

but the way Vecna responded seems like he's certain of the third theory---@Vecna, could you elaborate a lil' bit? (unless you did so to move topic off, then feel free to not respond)

Seems like EMC as the new guy potentially not trying to piss off one of the "better players" and giving him a free out.
Actually, I just checked and his words/post is only about 1 word per post higher than previous games. Also, you say he is trying to imitate his previous style, but then say that he is not doing what he was doing before.

Jamiet99uk

#1264 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 pm
About an hour to go.

I may miss EoN.

Top scumreads:
EZIO
DARGORYGEL
WORCEJ

Mild scumreads:
RAGINGIKE
MOSCOWFLEET
NEPHTHYS

Mild townreads:
VAPORWAVE
BO_SOX
XORXES

Stronger townreads:
MYSELF
SQUIGS
LORD QUAS
Why are there exactly three in each category? And why did you leave some people off?
Only skimming the thread Squiggle? Don't kill the good vibe you were.giving me. I clearly stated that anyone I didn't list was a null.

Vecna

#1265 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:22 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm
ND is so gonna spank jamiet for +1'ing
What?

I haven't +1'ed anything
So youre denying you +1'd that post and then removed the +1?

Are you actually lying Jamiet?

Jamiet99uk

#1266 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 pm

It bothers me that Squigs main concern is about the numerical grouping of my reads,.not whether he agrees with them or not.

Vecna

#1267 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:37 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:23 pm
ND wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:20 pm
##GM NOTE
Please remember the rules in regards to +1ing. Thank you.
sorry >.<
Wait, did my eyes deceive me?

Jamiet99uk

#1268 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:37 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:22 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm
ND is so gonna spank jamiet for +1'ing
What?

I haven't +1'ed anything
So youre denying you +1'd that post and then removed the +1?

Are you actually lying Jamiet?
Sorry what the fuck is this?

I have not intentionally +1'ed a post in this game.

Nephthys

#1269 Post by Nephthys » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 pm

This gives me an excellent segway into EMC

First of all, who actually wants to appear scummy? Thats weird af.

On pg 18, calling out damo the way he did just sounds like Vecna posted in scum chat and told them they could easily frame damo (well played guys)

He also twigged to my call of Vecna which adds a little more credence to my theory of them being scum mates.

I also think that he may be trying to pick my LHF as he continually mentioned me. This is probably the weakest part of my case cause he has previously voiced enjoyment of my walls.

He then goes on to bring up things that even he himself considers to be long gone, is this an attempt to provide content while expecting and hoping for no answer?

At the end of the day, with 4 mins to play he votes for me. There was no way I was going to be a flash wagon so I think we just didn't want to sit on a town wagon come EOD.

Nephthys

#1270 Post by Nephthys » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:34 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:

Actually, I just checked and his words/post is only about 1 word per post higher than previous games. Also, you say he is trying to imitate his previous style, but then say that he is not doing what he was doing before.
His D1 from last game has gone 20->29. That is a hefty change.

Also just go and read them. They are clumsily written

Nephthys

#1271 Post by Nephthys » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Darg is my top scum read, he scum-slipped.

Jamie already pointed this out but including the damo read clearly shows that he just copy/pasted the read list in an attempt to show he was producing content. Most of the reads are terrible and he didn't even check it.

Top Scumread

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1272 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 pm
It bothers me that Squigs main concern is about the numerical grouping of my reads,.not whether he agrees with them or not.
I happen to agree with most of them, the notable exception Ike. I have posted about Neph, darg, worcej as scumreads, so you should know that.

Also, it bothers me that you have exactly three in each category because one of the criticisms that a lot of people get is that their reads list has too much/few town/scum, and the odds that you would naturally have exactly three in each category is low. I mean, it could have just happened that way, in which case you probably would have just shrugged it off. Instead, you are pushing back on the observation, which is something to make note of.

worcej

#1273 Post by worcej » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:22 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:17 pm
Well, I am caught up.

I honestly wanted to wait for the D3 strat of voting for ourselves, but if the group wants to take the alien out now then so be it - ##vote Ezio.

Back to work. I'll be around EOD on mobile.
worcej wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:57 pm
FWIW - my scum pool is currently down to focusing on thamrick, Lord, and Ike for moving off of Ezio in the EOD spree because scum would not mind saving the alien lynch for another day.

A claimed alien should've been lynched D1 simply to confirm the basis of why that claim was made. Alien is not town aligned (duh). Randoming to someone else, in this case damo, would be a potential scum play to play to perverse a day for later.
Before EoD, you said you wanted to wait on Ezio, but moved over because of the group. After EoD, you are now scumreading people who moved off Ezio. Also, do you really think the vote on damo was "randoming"? You really should go re-read D1 before you push this case any further.
Rereading and sticking to only one narrative is what a scum should do.

I did want to wait to D3 to handle the alien, but the group at the time wanted Ezio, but damo hadn't done anything to deserve being ran up like he was. The lynch should've been Ike or Ezio, but it suddenly became damo. I struggle to see why he was ran up heavily like he was - nothing struck me as different from his performance this game compared to others. Even with a redacted claim from Ezio, what made damo come off as possibly scum?

Also, FWIW - I started a new position at work this week and I am insanely busy. With no bot until recently, that meant quick little reads and then post. If that is AI, so be it.

Nephthys

#1274 Post by Nephthys » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:44 pm

My town-core sits as

Jamie
Squigs
Vapor

I'm also liking

Tham
Ezio

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1275 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:45 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 pm
I hope this is a joke

Nephthys

#1276 Post by Nephthys » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:46 pm

As for connections,

Ike and Jamie aren't s/s
EMC and Jamie aren't s/s

EMC and Vecna could be s/s

e.m.c^42

#1277 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:46 pm

google isn't helping, but what is LHF?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1278 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:42 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:22 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:17 pm
Well, I am caught up.

I honestly wanted to wait for the D3 strat of voting for ourselves, but if the group wants to take the alien out now then so be it - ##vote Ezio.

Back to work. I'll be around EOD on mobile.
worcej wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:57 pm
FWIW - my scum pool is currently down to focusing on thamrick, Lord, and Ike for moving off of Ezio in the EOD spree because scum would not mind saving the alien lynch for another day.

A claimed alien should've been lynched D1 simply to confirm the basis of why that claim was made. Alien is not town aligned (duh). Randoming to someone else, in this case damo, would be a potential scum play to play to perverse a day for later.
Before EoD, you said you wanted to wait on Ezio, but moved over because of the group. After EoD, you are now scumreading people who moved off Ezio. Also, do you really think the vote on damo was "randoming"? You really should go re-read D1 before you push this case any further.
Rereading and sticking to only one narrative is what a scum should do.

I did want to wait to D3 to handle the alien, but the group at the time wanted Ezio, but damo hadn't done anything to deserve being ran up like he was. The lynch should've been Ike or Ezio, but it suddenly became damo. I struggle to see why he was ran up heavily like he was - nothing struck me as different from his performance this game compared to others. Even with a redacted claim from Ezio, what made damo come off as possibly scum?

Also, FWIW - I started a new position at work this week and I am insanely busy. With no bot until recently, that meant quick little reads and then post. If that is AI, so be it.
False.

A Townie shouldn't have to re-read to know what they want in the game. Inconsistency happens among town, but it is much more likely in scum. Especially when that inconsistency is agenda driven, like your scum reads that resulted.

e.m.c^42

#1279 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:27 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 pm
So I guess I owe everyone an explanation for my somewhat erroneous behavior this game so far.

I decided to it back and watch and just observe the game, and also to post nothing/shit in an attempt to present myself as a rather easy LHF. However I'm getting bored and don't think I'm gonna get anything more from it.

In terms of who mentioned my behavior it went, Squigs -> EMC -> Jamie (D1) then Vecna -> Xorx -> Bo N1 (I think).

This is what I have learned;
Hey, you copied my idea! xD
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 pm
-_-

worcej

#1280 Post by worcej » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:48 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 pm
False.

A Townie shouldn't have to re-read to know what they want in the game. Inconsistency happens among town, but it is much more likely in scum. Especially when that inconsistency is agenda driven, like your scum reads that resulted.
Then you should scum read me every game because my opinion changes as people voice and discuss.