Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#4421 Post by Ezio » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:09 pm

peterlund wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:45 pm
I think that the 4 remaining scum are in this list:
yavuzovic
e.m.c^42
xorxes
DemonRHK
MoscowFleet
DoubtingThomas
Nephthys
I really like this list.

Makes me scumread peterlund more LMAO

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4422 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 pm

If I understand correctly, if I shoot a townie, I die, and the townie lives, but roll is NOT revealed.

That makes a difference.

I'd like to hear from xorxes and ghug yet before I comment on my plans.

BUT... I think that a PR should let me shoot em. It does clear them, but it doesn't auto mean that a NK is coming. Surely scumroom would want to hit a PR, and there are enough PR hints in the game to mean that just NKing my failed shot recipient just because they are towncleared would benefit US more than them.

Around four hours till EoD... I will decide soon, I think.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4423 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Maybe I will just roll a die.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4424 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:13 pm

And... because at this point in the day I like the tie...
##VOTE NEPHTHYS

Vaporwave

#4425 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Lmao Ezio that reply to peterlund :lol:

Ok then, Rivera has been diligent in making sure he understands every role!

I haven't looked at everything because 1st page is a huge story

and I was never in the mood of reading a long story then reading long posts

it diminishes my enthusiasm, even with those shots, I looked at last sentence to see alignment

Vaporwave

#4426 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Poe

Bring them in for interrogation: bozo/damo/RHK/Ezio/Moscow/Neph/peterlund/Raging/

Release them cause they're innocents: Cfox (+his replacement)/ghug/LQ/rivera/Vecna/xorxes

Wild card: e.m.c

Vaporwave

#4427 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:20 pm

My most confident duo, the townies of townies are Vecna/LQ

Whatever happens, just don't touch these 2 at any cost.

Mmmkay?

bozotheclown

#4428 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:44 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 pm
Looking at d3 votecount

Jamie collects 9 votes after tom's red check

noone else has vote untiil brainbomb votes from jamie to moscow

now jamie 8 and moscow 1

the way brain votes moscow and tries to vote out of jamie (without knowing brainbomb himself will be the second red check) and try to look "townie" by not voting on an outted wolf who will be shot soon makes it hard to believe moscow is w/w with brainbomb
For someone that knows Brainbomb this feels like flimsy logic.
it's really not. who do you think brainbomb is? grigori rasputin?

BUSSING is different when you are not under pressure vs a cop claims two red checks and only revealed one and all you can do is just waiting to reveal the second red check.

if you iso brainbomb during that time, you see that he is posting way too much and pretty clearly nervous. that's probably why tom said brainbomb was his second red check.

when a player is clearly nervous and literally outting themselves, they are not going to play casually like their normal selves
MoscowFleet was Tom's top scum read D1, brainbomb could have bussed MoscowFleet thinking he was Tom's other scan.

Nephthys

#4429 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:24 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:49 pm
##vote ragingike

Ends voting on Jamie both days

D1 doesn't even mention Jamie until he votes for him
D2 provides no reasoning

Engages very trivially with Jamie and only posts that "he has bee directing rage at the MU guys"

Of note as well he has also engaged almost exclusively with LQ
This post comes literally right after brainbomb's flipping of scum

feels like he was preparing to push ike? except as town, i feel like you are more inclined to pressure and ask questions to people do scummy things, not wait for after two scums have flipped to start pushing that player

did neph push ike before this incident?
Just te reading an gonna answer as things come up.

No I don't believe I had pushed ike before that. The reason I went for him is that he parked his vote early on both days and it stood out as I knew Jamie was scum at that stage. I made a case, got pointed out what else ike had done and dropped it cause I realised it was unlikely

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4430 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:25 pm

"MoscowFleet was Tom's top scum read D1, brainbomb could have bussed MoscowFleet thinking he was Tom's other scan." I keep thinking about this, too... and noticing Bomb's comments about MF AFTER brainbomb knew (or figured) he had been read. He shouts and waves his arms and says, "KILL MF."

He is giving us a WIFOM, I know.

Is Brainbomb more likely to hide in plain sight (MF is scum) or to want to push us AWAY from his shouting (MF is town.)

Thoughts on that?

ALSO
@everyone... thanks for your comments... now, if you were Doc, who would you have saved last night?

Nephthys

#4431 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:51 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 pm
Looking at d3 votecount

Jamie collects 9 votes after tom's red check

noone else has vote untiil brainbomb votes from jamie to moscow

now jamie 8 and moscow 1

the way brain votes moscow and tries to vote out of jamie (without knowing brainbomb himself will be the second red check) and try to look "townie" by not voting on an outted wolf who will be shot soon makes it hard to believe moscow is w/w with brainbomb
I honestly think you're underestimating brainbomb. Both he and Jamiet would have NEVER been found if it weren't for Tom's powerful nostrils. They were that good at town pretense.
I think you fail to notice that they were both pretty widely scum read...

Nephthys

#4432 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Great so I have 4 votes and no one has provided a case. Has my play really been that horrific.

Nephthys

#4433 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Regardless, I likely won't be around at EOD. I need to move into my new house. Can someone make a case against me or move your votes?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4434 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:37 pm

I think whether Darg shoots rn comes down to whether we think we can have a nice xorxesless lynch.

Xorxes makes the most sense to shoot. He's the most likely scum, and he's a valuable townie if we get it wrong. Someone like Peter or RHK would be a dead weight clear, in addition to a higher probability of dead darg. Nepthys would at least be an active clear, though I believe he's a pretty shit player, and I think he's the highest probability of dead darg

Shooting tomorrow makes the most sense, we have a doctor, clears are better later.

The problem is that we can't necessarily just set someone aside and say "don't vote, we're shooting the fucker tomorrow", people will ignore it, or limit their participation while waiting for the flip.

Thus, I think the call is to shoot xorxes with like an hour and a half left if he's winning, and not shoot otherwise.

Nephthys

#4435 Post by Nephthys » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:37 pm
I think whether Darg shoots rn comes down to whether we think we can have a nice xorxesless lynch.

Xorxes makes the most sense to shoot. He's the most likely scum, and he's a valuable townie if we get it wrong. Someone like Peter or RHK would be a dead weight clear, in addition to a higher probability of dead darg. Nepthys would at least be an active clear, though I believe he's a pretty shit player, and I think he's the highest probability of dead darg

Shooting tomorrow makes the most sense, we have a doctor, clears are better later.

The problem is that we can't necessarily just set someone aside and say "don't vote, we're shooting the fucker tomorrow", people will ignore it, or limit their participation while waiting for the flip.

Thus, I think the call is to shoot xorxes with like an hour and a half left if he's winning, and not shoot otherwise.
In which case I shall pre-empt this and ##vote Peter.

Vaporwave

#4436 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:25 pm
"MoscowFleet was Tom's top scum read D1, brainbomb could have bussed MoscowFleet thinking he was Tom's other scan." I keep thinking about this, too... and noticing Bomb's comments about MF AFTER brainbomb knew (or figured) he had been read. He shouts and waves his arms and says, "KILL MF."

Is Brainbomb more likely to hide in plain sight (MF is scum) or to want to push us AWAY from his shouting (MF is town.)

Thoughts on that?

ALSO
@everyone... thanks for your comments... now, if you were Doc, who would you have saved last night?
This is my thinking on why Moscow should still be part of POE unless he gets more townie or he's actually some PR

brainbomb knew that Tom was about to reveal his 2nd scan. Could be himself could be a teammate. What's the best instance in this situation when you or a partner is about to get peek? Push for a townie when you know your exposure will clear him or

Buss a partner right in that moment so that you're safe in case he flips as peek or he's safe in case you're peeked.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but I saw bomb shading his teammate Jamiet extensively

Bomb's words are not trustworthy however there's only 1 certain thing I gathered from his posts: he hated ghug and wanted to bait town into killing him.

As for doc, I saved dargo last night 8-)

DoubtingThomas

#4437 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:06 pm

dargorygel wrote:

Thoughts on that?

ALSO
definitely you if i can

also i think you should shoot soon if you are planning on shooting

id get peter if i were u

DoubtingThomas

#4438 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:08 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:06 pm
dargorygel wrote:

Thoughts on that?

ALSO
definitely you if i can

also i think you should shoot soon if you are planning on shooting

id get peter if i were u
oh sorry

i thought u said who would you save tonight

last night i wuoldnt save you because i am thinking they just kill Tom (who i thought was a cop at the time)

one of my top town reads prob. LQ? vecna?

so i can save you tonight

DoubtingThomas

#4439 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 pm
dargorygel wrote:

Thoughts on that?

ALSO
This is my thinking on why Moscow should still be part of POE unless he gets more townie or he's actually some PR

brainbomb knew that Tom was about to reveal his 2nd scan. Could be himself could be a teammate. What's the best instance in this situation when you or a partner is about to get peek? Push for a townie when you know your exposure will clear him or

Buss a partner right in that moment so that you're safe in case he flips as peek or he's safe in case you're peeked.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but I saw bomb shading his teammate Jamiet extensively

Bomb's words are not trustworthy however there's only 1 certain thing I gathered from his posts: he hated ghug and wanted to bait town into killing him.

ok i wasnt aware moscow was tom's top scum reads so maybe

but at the same time cops usually dont scan their top scum reads. they push them.

because it's hard to reverse reads once you inno your top scum read

and knowing alignment of null players are much more important for end game

iyam

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4440 Post by ghug » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:10 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 pm
dargorygel wrote:

Thoughts on that?

ALSO

ok i wasnt aware moscow was tom's top scum reads so maybe

but at the same time cops usually dont scan their top scum reads. they push them.

because it's hard to reverse reads once you inno your top scum read

and knowing alignment of null players are much more important for end game

iyam
What's an iyam?