Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#3061 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 pm

2. brainbomb - SCUM for a long list of reasons I have already posted. Recent additions to this growing list of evidence include him blatantly PR hunting and he was PR fishing even before it got so blatant. Perhaps he is the Oracle and has decided that he needs to sacrifice himself to help his team kill the Cop or Desperado (the latter role he seems fixated on). Brainbomb is an impulsive and impatient guy. When he rolls a PR of either alignment, he is itchy to use his kewl powerz. As Oracle, that involves his own death by lynch. The Oracle's greatest fear would be to get shot by the Desperado because it means his Oracle scan is lost. All of this adds up to suggest Brain is Oracle. Lynch him tomorrow.
That makes no sense. If you think he is the Oracle shouldn't you want Desperado to shoot him instead of lynching him? Didn't you just said that's his greatest fear?

bozotheclown

#3062 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:28 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:18 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:00 pm
ATTENTION. FAIR GAME IF YOU SKIPPED THE 5 PAGES OF UNINTERUPTED VECNA DRIVEL. BUT PLEASE READ THIS ONE.

This is one of those games where im very confident in a lot of my reads. Plenty of soul reads, good vibes.

I would not at all be surprised if I do die tonight.

In case I do, I want you to remember the following for the REST OF THE GAME

Do not lynch the following people, under ANY circumstance. NEVER. They are all soulreads, and 100% town.
-Damo
-Rdrivera
-EMC/einstein

Ive played enough games with Damo and Rdrivera to be able to guarantee you they are town. Ive grown quite good at reading them. They are NOT scum here. Never lynch them.

The following players im all 99% certain that they are town. You would also be a MAJOR FOOL to lynch them, unless a cop guilty pops up. Even then, first consider the claimed cop to be scum.
-Vaporware
-Brainbomb

The following players im roughly 95% certain are town. Hands the fuck off, no roping them, unless this game goes very weird
-Tom Bombadil
-DunkinThomas
-LordQuas

All of these people have done plenty of things to show that theyre town. For all of them I think its nearly impossible for any person to fake this shit. If theyre scum, its the best performance ever. Its not though, theyre all town.

If you lynch any of these and prove me right, ill probably be waiting for you in the God QT and mock you. You'll deserve it.
I think you have some scum in your town list. rdrivera's voting D2 looks bad, and he is good at playing as scum, so your 100% town read on him is suspect.
My voting look bad because I voted you? Dargo is my top scumread, but you are second, so why this is scummy? I quickly voted thd because I thought he was a better lynch then Jamiet, but quickly get back to you when you seems to be a possible lynch.
So, why exactly my voting look bad?
Your voting looks bad because I am town and Jamie is likely scum, and you moved your vote to thdfrance when it looked like he was the best chance to prevent a Jamie lynch, then you moved back to me after another vote for thdfrance made Jamie safer, keeping you from ending on a wagon that was about to flip town.

Also, saying you moved back to me when I seemed to be a possible lynch is not supported by the voting, when you moved from me to thdfrance the vote was 6-thdfrance 5-Jamie 4-me, but when you moved from thdfrance to me the vote was 8-thdfrance 5-Jamie 2-me. How was I as more likely lynch when you changed your vote back to me than when you changed it to thdfrance?

Jamiet99uk

#3063 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:42 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

1. bozotheclown - Slight scum. I was null on Bozo earlier in the game, but I have to reflect on the fact that Bozo has been a strong counter wagon to the eventual lynch, at both EoD1 and again at EoD2. Both times there were two other wagons and both times a townie was lynched ahead of Bozo. Is it possible both EoDs were T/T/T...? Yes, but is it the most likely scenario? I don't feel it is.
bozo was not a wagon D1, what are you talking about?
What indeed am I talking about?

This game is doing things to my mind.

I suppose I was confusing Bozo with Ghug, who was a wagon for much of D1.

You're totally right to pick me up on that.

xorxes

#3064 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

5. DemonRHK - Slight scum. His D2 was weird when seen in context with his D1. During D1 he declared he was certain Doubting Thomas was scum, called Thomas his "hill to die on" and refused to move off Thomas to a viable wagon at EoD even when it was clear Thomas wouldn't be lynched. That included calling ThdFrance a bad wagon and refusing to vote there. Move to D2 and he doesn't mention, far less put a vote on, his "hill to die on" Doubting Thomas, and instead starts, leads, and pushes the lynch on ThdFrance. That's some turnaround. Was D1 a bus?
I didn't remember any of this. Will reread.

Jamiet99uk

#3065 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

2. brainbomb - SCUM for a long list of reasons I have already posted. Recent additions to this growing list of evidence include him blatantly PR hunting and he was PR fishing even before it got so blatant. Perhaps he is the Oracle and has decided that he needs to sacrifice himself to help his team kill the Cop or Desperado (the latter role he seems fixated on). Brainbomb is an impulsive and impatient guy. When he rolls a PR of either alignment, he is itchy to use his kewl powerz. As Oracle, that involves his own death by lynch. The Oracle's greatest fear would be to get shot by the Desperado because it means his Oracle scan is lost. All of this adds up to suggest Brain is Oracle. Lynch him tomorrow.
That makes no sense. If you think he is the Oracle shouldn't you want Desperado to shoot him instead of lynching him? Didn't you just said that's his greatest fear?
I have already urged the Desperado to shoot Brainbomb. As yet, no gunshot.

xorxes

#3066 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:29 pm

10. Dargorygel (was Food) - Slight scum. Really hasn't given us much since subbing in. A couple of things I did notice, w
w... what? Don't leave us hanging there.

Jamiet99uk

#3067 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Xorxes seems to.think I can control the Desperado...

Jamiet99uk

#3068 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:29 pm

10. Dargorygel (was Food) - Slight scum. Really hasn't given us much since subbing in. A couple of things I did notice, w
w... what? Don't leave us hanging there.
Sorry cut and paste gremlin, like I said I'm travelling e8th sporadic internet on my phone only. I'm doing my.best.

Without typing yhet bit ahain, what I was going to say I noticed was how Dargorygel was very hedgy on Bozo. You'll see.it if you iso him.

bozotheclown

#3069 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:32 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:37 pm
@bozo, can you be more explicit about what you think I'm misinterpreting in what I said about people voting for you?

I went back to read the start of D2 and it still seems to fit with what I remembered. Nobody voted for you because of bb's purported scan. bb was even voting for someone else when DT and CF voted for you. They didn't give an explicit reason but it was obvious they were not basing it on bb's scan but reacting to things you were saying.
DoubtingThomas, CrimsonFox, and Vaporwave were the three voting for me and none of them gave the reason you stated. Why is their reason obvious?
I said it was not for the reason LQ was assuming, which it obviously wasn't. I gave what I considered was their reason from what I remembered from when I read it. Whatever their reason, it was obviously not the bad one why LQ thought you were a bad wagon.
Here is what you said:
xorxes wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 pm
the bozo wagon is legit dumb can we cut that out for now? It was based on a red peek that was made as a joke by bb to make fun of people complaining about seer cover
Wasn't it based on bozo's reaction to said "peek"? I'm fine with that wagon, might join it.
So, you assumed a reason why 3 players were voting me, agree with it, set yourself up to vote for me later, but did not vote for me until I pushed you on it. What is the proper town reaction to brainbomb claiming a cop scan on you and calling for the desperado to target you based on the fake scan? Is this the best read you had on anyone after 2 days?

Jamiet99uk

#3070 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Like Darg says Bozo "isn't himself" and suggests Bozo is being coached but then briefly says "he improved" and never really states a clear Bozo read.

bozotheclown

#3071 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:42 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

1. bozotheclown - Slight scum. I was null on Bozo earlier in the game, but I have to reflect on the fact that Bozo has been a strong counter wagon to the eventual lynch, at both EoD1 and again at EoD2. Both times there were two other wagons and both times a townie was lynched ahead of Bozo. Is it possible both EoDs were T/T/T...? Yes, but is it the most likely scenario? I don't feel it is.
bozo was not a wagon D1, what are you talking about?
What indeed am I talking about?

This game is doing things to my mind.

I suppose I was confusing Bozo with Ghug, who was a wagon for much of D1.

You're totally right to pick me up on that.
ghug was not a wagon at EOD D1, D1 came down to ND, thdfrance, and CrimsonFox. D2 came down to thdfrance, you, and me. A town got lynched over another town and CrimsonFox D1, and a town got lynched over you and me D2. Since I know I am town, that leave you and CrimsonFox as the only ones that could have been protected D1 or D2.

bozotheclown

#3072 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm
Like Darg says Bozo "isn't himself" and suggests Bozo is being coached but then briefly says "he improved" and never really states a clear Bozo read.
dargorygel did not suggest I was being coached.

Jamiet99uk

#3073 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
dargorygel did not suggest I was being coached.
He said.something amounting to that.

Jamiet99uk

#3074 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:00 pm

I am now on a bus and low on battery so you may not get the other half of my reads because I've had to stop to answer all these questions.

xorxes

#3075 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:03 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Here is what you said:
xorxes wrote:
LordQuas wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 pm
the bozo wagon is legit dumb can we cut that out for now? It was based on a red peek that was made as a joke by bb to make fun of people complaining about seer cover
Wasn't it based on bozo's reaction to said "peek"? I'm fine with that wagon, might join it.
So, you assumed a reason why 3 players were voting me, agree with it, set yourself up to vote for me later, but did not vote for me until I pushed you on it.
That's a very tendentious description of what I did.

I disputed LQ's dismissal of your wagon because it was based on a false premise.

I didn't exactly assume a reason, I asked about it, because that's what I seemed to remember. I knew it wasn't because of the lame reason he was assuming, and I knew it was based on your reaction to brainbomb's shennanigans. I misremembered what exact part of his shennanigans you were reacting to, big deal.

I didn't vote for you then because I hadn't decided if that was scummy enough. I voted for you when you tried to turn my comment into something it wasn't.
What is the proper town reaction to brainbomb claiming a cop scan on you and calling for the desperado to target you based on the fake scan?
Certainly not taking him seriously.
Is this the best read you had on anyone after 2 days?
Scumread, yes. Townreads I have a few more.

xorxes

#3076 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Bozo being coached is ludicrous.

xorxes

#3077 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:00 pm
I am now on a bus and low on battery so you may not get the other half of my reads because I've had to stop to answer all these questions.
Oh no, but what if you're killed?

Jamiet99uk

#3078 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm

In case I.run out of battery or lose signal here are the rest of my reads in more hastily prepared form.

13. LordQuas - Strong town
14. MoscowFleet - Slight scum, moreso if Brain is
15. ND - Dead town.
16. Nephthys - Slight town.
17. peterlund - Slight scum, much too lurking.
18. RagingIke - Slight scum and doesn't seem his usual self. Not participating as.much as he usually would either.
19. rdrivera2005 - Null. I would lean town if pressed.
20. thamrick - Null.
21. thdfrance - Dead town.
22. Tom Bombadil - Town despite being wrong about me.
23. Vaporwave - Slight town. New here but I think he played on MU. Has been trying to grasp our mechanics and has contributed a fair bit for a newbert.
24. Vecna - Strong town. As usual as town Vekna is overconfident about quite a lot of things, hotmail of which I'm convinced he's right about, but I am.fairly sure he is town. I'd only t9wnread him more strongly if he had made a ballsy D1 fakeclaim.
25. xorxes - I'm not sure,.gotta say null. Gets town points for challenging people who seem to town-read him for weak or unexplained reasons. But he's not coming across as his confident towny self. I dunno.

bozotheclown

#3079 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:03 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Here is what you said:
xorxes wrote:

So, you assumed a reason why 3 players were voting me, agree with it, set yourself up to vote for me later, but did not vote for me until I pushed you on it.
That's a very tendentious description of what I did.

I disputed LQ's dismissal of your wagon because it was based on a false premise.

I didn't exactly assume a reason, I asked about it, because that's what I seemed to remember. I knew it wasn't because of the lame reason he was assuming, and I knew it was based on your reaction to brainbomb's shennanigans. I misremembered what exact part of his shennanigans you were reacting to, big deal.

I didn't vote for you then because I hadn't decided if that was scummy enough. I voted for you when you tried to turn my comment into something it wasn't.
What is the proper town reaction to brainbomb claiming a cop scan on you and calling for the desperado to target you based on the fake scan?
Certainly not taking him seriously.
Is this the best read you had on anyone after 2 days?
Scumread, yes. Townreads I have a few more.
I did not try to misrepresent your comment, I pointed out that it was not based on any evidence. I still do not know why those three voted for me, it might not have had anything to with brainbomb's fake claim or my response to it.

xorxes

#3080 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:24 pm

This is what dargo said:
dargorygel wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:33 pm

The only ISO I had time for was bozo. He improved D2. If bozo weren't experienced, it might look like some coaching. But he does less blurting and more reasoning.