Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#3041 Post by Vecna » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:22 pm

His voting D2 looked pretty fine to me, and in-line with his reads. And ive never seen him be able to produce this much genuine town-thoughts that aligned exactly with my own as scum.

Ill not dispute he's gotten pretty good at playing scum, but not this good.

Vecna

#3042 Post by Vecna » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:23 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:19 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:49 pm
Oh look, a guest disappears and bozo appears

;)
I always find it suspicious to call someone out for reading the thread.
:cry:

Nephthys

#3043 Post by Nephthys » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Got a massive day at work, stopping by to say I like vapours response. Ghug still needs to answer my question.

xorxes

#3044 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:37 pm

@bozo, can you be more explicit about what you think I'm misinterpreting in what I said about people voting for you?

I went back to read the start of D2 and it still seems to fit with what I remembered. Nobody voted for you because of bb's purported scan. bb was even voting for someone else when DT and CF voted for you. They didn't give an explicit reason but it was obvious they were not basing it on bb's scan but reacting to things you were saying.

thamrick

#3045 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Feeling great about Vecna as town.

Legit question - is that really what ghug feels like as scum? I'm pretty sure I can only remember playing with him as town, and I've wanted to lynch him most games. I definitely have not had that feeling this game.

Vaporwave

#3046 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm

I love how Vecna manages to give off strong townie vibes without posting 500 times

His last post is to be remembered in case a tragedy happens

Vaporwave

#3047 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm

what puzzles me about ghug is him just 'taking it' from brainbomb

I had no problems with ghug, but I worry that he's so complacent in a state where bomb asks for his head to come off

at least bozo withstood bomb to his face when there was a desperado shot called on him

Vaporwave

#3048 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:06 pm

also noticed that Fox decreased his posting after receiving tons of criticism

Come back and share your thoughts, you are still loved by MANY :wink:

Vaporwave

#3049 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:08 pm
Brainbomb openly PR hunting is the most disgusting thing I've seen since the last disgusting thing Brainbomb did.

And to think Vecna was townreading him.
HKR mentioned that it's normal for bomb to fakeclaim dozens of times and act outrageous

Others also weren't phased at all by bomb's outlandish behavior

thamrick

#3050 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Rereading EoD1, I'm relatively sure that MF is scum. Two posts in particular stand out to me:
MoscowFleet wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 pm
@Quas I'm actually strongly tempted to, but I doubt we get anything going this late. Also, T minus 25 minutes isn't the time to start a wagon and reeks of scum tampering. Instead, I invite you to join me on ND, who I don't think has ever been this useless day 1 and has a very strong chance of flipping scum.

Meanwhile Tom still hasn't addressed the crux of my question :nmr:
LQ had been pushing for an Ezio wagon. The lead wagon was at 6 or 7 (I didn't dig that deep, just judging by the next vote count posted in thread). There were a couple other people voicing dislike for Ezio at that point. MF has played long enough to know that 25 mins is plenty of time to get a flash wagon rolling.
MoscowFleet wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 pm
Interesting switch by Thmarick...
Obviously biased on this one due to it relating to me, but it felt weird at the time as well. I had been strongly scumreading flash and was voting for him. It was a nonexistent wagon though. Flash jumped on the ND wagon so I jumped on the counter wagon. Seems pretty logical to me.

@MoscowFleet - what struck you as interesting about my switch?

thamrick

#3051 Post by thamrick » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm
what puzzles me about ghug is him just 'taking it' from brainbomb

I had no problems with ghug, but I worry that he's so complacent in a state where bomb asks for his head to come off

at least bozo withstood bomb to his face when there was a desperado shot called on him
Could be that ghug knows BB would eventually move on to someone else and that he didn't have to defend himself to get the heat off

bozotheclown

#3052 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:32 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:37 pm
@bozo, can you be more explicit about what you think I'm misinterpreting in what I said about people voting for you?

I went back to read the start of D2 and it still seems to fit with what I remembered. Nobody voted for you because of bb's purported scan. bb was even voting for someone else when DT and CF voted for you. They didn't give an explicit reason but it was obvious they were not basing it on bb's scan but reacting to things you were saying.
DoubtingThomas, CrimsonFox, and Vaporwave were the three voting for me and none of them gave the reason you stated. Why is their reason obvious?

Jamiet99uk

#3053 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:08 pm
Brainbomb openly PR hunting is the most disgusting thing I've seen since the last disgusting thing Brainbomb did.

And to think Vecna was townreading him.
HKR mentioned that it's normal for bomb to fakeclaim dozens of times and act outrageous

Others also weren't phased at all by bomb's outlandish behavior
Right so Brainbomb gets a free pass and can do what he likes and must never be lynched.

Got ya.

bozotheclown

#3054 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 pm
havent really read shit, but all my scumreads make up these top2 anf i hated how bozo defd peter and tham
This is the worst reason given to vote for me, of those who gave reasons. Vecna knows scum will try to distance themselves from other scum.

xorxes

#3055 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:32 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:37 pm

DoubtingThomas, CrimsonFox, and Vaporwave were the three voting for me and none of them gave the reason you stated. Why is their reason obvious?
I said it was not for the reason LQ was assuming, which it obviously wasn't. I gave what I considered was their reason from what I remembered from when I read it. Whatever their reason, it was obviously not the bad one why LQ thought you were a bad wagon.

xorxes

#3056 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:00 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 pm
the bozo wagon is legit dumb can we cut that out for now? It was based on a red peek that was made as a joke by bb to make fun of people complaining about seer cover
This is what I disputed. The wagon was not based on that.

Jamiet99uk

#3057 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Ok so as I warned, I'm travelling with sporadic access so my EoN reads will come now, in instalments.

1. bozotheclown - Slight scum. I was null on Bozo earlier in the game, but I have to reflect on the fact that Bozo has been a strong counter wagon to the eventual lynch, at both EoD1 and again at EoD2. Both times there were two other wagons and both times a townie was lynched ahead of Bozo. Is it possible both EoDs were T/T/T...? Yes, but is it the most likely scenario? I don't feel it is.

2. brainbomb - SCUM for a long list of reasons I have already posted. Recent additions to this growing list of evidence include him blatantly PR hunting and he was PR fishing even before it got so blatant. Perhaps he is the Oracle and has decided that he needs to sacrifice himself to help his team kill the Cop or Desperado (the latter role he seems fixated on). Brainbomb is an impulsive and impatient guy. When he rolls a PR of either alignment, he is itchy to use his kewl powerz. As Oracle, that involves his own death by lynch. The Oracle's greatest fear would be to get shot by the Desperado because it means his Oracle scan is lost. All of this adds up to suggest Brain is Oracle. Lynch him tomorrow.

3. CrimsonFox - Slight town. His play became more sensible and less shitposty during D2 and I am inclined to think he's town.

4. damo666 - Slight town. This feels like town Damo. Nice but a bit dim (sorry), with a tendency to state the obvious. I agree with Vecna that he's looked increasingly towny later on.

5. DemonRHK - Slight scum. His D2 was weird when seen in context with his D1. During D1 he declared he was certain Doubting Thomas was scum, called Thomas his "hill to die on" and refused to move off Thomas to a viable wagon at EoD even when it was clear Thomas wouldn't be lynched. That included calling ThdFrance a bad wagon and refusing to vote there. Move to D2 and he doesn't mention, far less put a vote on, his "hill to die on" Doubting Thomas, and instead starts, leads, and pushes the lynch on ThdFrance. That's some turnaround. Was D1 a bus?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3058 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:28 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:18 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:00 pm
ATTENTION. FAIR GAME IF YOU SKIPPED THE 5 PAGES OF UNINTERUPTED VECNA DRIVEL. BUT PLEASE READ THIS ONE.

This is one of those games where im very confident in a lot of my reads. Plenty of soul reads, good vibes.

I would not at all be surprised if I do die tonight.

In case I do, I want you to remember the following for the REST OF THE GAME

Do not lynch the following people, under ANY circumstance. NEVER. They are all soulreads, and 100% town.
-Damo
-Rdrivera
-EMC/einstein

Ive played enough games with Damo and Rdrivera to be able to guarantee you they are town. Ive grown quite good at reading them. They are NOT scum here. Never lynch them.

The following players im all 99% certain that they are town. You would also be a MAJOR FOOL to lynch them, unless a cop guilty pops up. Even then, first consider the claimed cop to be scum.
-Vaporware
-Brainbomb

The following players im roughly 95% certain are town. Hands the fuck off, no roping them, unless this game goes very weird
-Tom Bombadil
-DunkinThomas
-LordQuas

All of these people have done plenty of things to show that theyre town. For all of them I think its nearly impossible for any person to fake this shit. If theyre scum, its the best performance ever. Its not though, theyre all town.

If you lynch any of these and prove me right, ill probably be waiting for you in the God QT and mock you. You'll deserve it.
I think you have some scum in your town list. rdrivera's voting D2 looks bad, and he is good at playing as scum, so your 100% town read on him is suspect.
My voting look bad because I voted you? Dargo is my top scumread, but you are second, so why this is scummy? I quickly voted thd because I thought he was a better lynch then Jamiet, but quickly get back to you when you seems to be a possible lynch.
So, why exactly my voting look bad?

Jamiet99uk

#3059 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:29 pm

6. DoubtingThomas - Slight town. He's all over the place but most of the time I get the impression he's trying to solve.

7. e.m.c^42 - Town. He's new here so no meta but pretty much all of his activities scream "new townie". His list of 'styles' looks like the genuine efforts of a player who doesn't know anyone else's meta, trying not only to read alignment but also to read playstyle and equip himself with a three dimensional picture of the players. I'd be very surprised if a newbie scum would go to that effort or that level of detail.

8. Ezio - Null. Ezio didn't do much in D2. His D1 was also fairly low volume. Nothing he did or said screamed scum to me but I don't remember him obvtowning either.

9. flash2015 - Dead town. RIP.

10. Dargorygel (was Food) - Slight scum. Really hasn't given us much since subbing in. A couple of things I did notice, w

11. ghug - Town. He looks and feels like a town Ghug. He's reacted with impatience to people making useless noise and doing Things We Don't Do Here, but that's how I'd expect Ghug to behave. I think Brainbomb's case on him is fabricated. It's weird that Vecna and Brainbomb are acting almost in unison on this one since I town-read Vecna, but there we go.

12. Jamiet99uk - Town, duh.

xorxes

#3060 Post by xorxes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 pm

1. bozotheclown - Slight scum. I was null on Bozo earlier in the game, but I have to reflect on the fact that Bozo has been a strong counter wagon to the eventual lynch, at both EoD1 and again at EoD2. Both times there were two other wagons and both times a townie was lynched ahead of Bozo. Is it possible both EoDs were T/T/T...? Yes, but is it the most likely scenario? I don't feel it is.
bozo was not a wagon D1, what are you talking about?