Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Nephthys
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Karma: 18

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3081 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:41 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:33 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:28 pm
@Netphys:

Your claim would only have been verifiable if I had been able to successfully scan you last night. If you were scum you'd know I was the Jailor's target.
True. In which case My claim is not verifiable at all.

Now answer me why I do this is as scum
1) say I'm prepared to take all the heat for a d1 shot of ghug, as scum this draws unnecessary attention to myself
2) I'm the first person to scumread darg, I ride that wagon til the end

Also, can you once again provide anything other than acting like a TC that is scum indicative
Stop being so angry and defensive.

I was asked to rank the non-clears in order of which of you I considered most likely to be scum. I listed Foxcastle at #1, not you. You're behaving as if I've declared my read on you to be 100% scum. I did not do so.
Your reasoning is shit and I have time on my hands to explain why you're wrong, I've probably been the most townread person this game.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 616
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3082 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 pm

@DemonRHK:

You have not posted in this phase.

Who is your top scum pick out of Netflix, Boozo, or Foxyfox?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 616
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3083 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 pm
I've probably been the most townread person this game.
Why
does
that
matter?

Being townread does not make you town.

Nephthys
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Karma: 18

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3084 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 pm
I've probably been the most townread person this game.
Why
does
that
matter?

Being townread does not make you town.
Why does it matter? Because if everyone in group of 20 odd agrees there usually right

Nephthys
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Karma: 18

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3085 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 pm

*they're

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 616
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3086 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 pm
I've probably been the most townread person this game.
Why
does
that
matter?

Being townread does not make you town.
Why does it matter? Because if everyone in group of 20 odd agrees there usually right
This is a terrible argument. You are town because some people have been townreading you? We would never mislynch if this was a thing.

DemonRHK
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:08 am
Karma: 42

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3087 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:44 pm
@DemonRHK:

You have not posted in this phase.

Who is your top scum pick out of Netflix, Boozo, or Foxyfox?
To be fair, I don’t have one, and I haven’t had time to do an in depth reread. I think bozo stands out the group if I’d have to decide, but in my role I don’t have to consider it until D7. I should get a better idea by then, if I make it to then.

bozotheclown
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 10

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3088 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 616
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3089 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:56 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.
This is actually quite persuasive.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 210

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3090 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.
This is all WIFOM.

Squigs didn't know it was going to end up being a 1-in-2 possibility when he did his +1 spree on Day 2. This supports my theory that the scum team wasn't particularly organized and that N3 was actually just an error. Squigs had the chance to talk the +1 spree through with his scummates, so they apparently didn't think it was going to expose Damo.

Scum weren't threatened by me since my power wasn't activated, and they wanted to keep me alive because I was always a possible mislynch.

N3 was more likely an error by the scumteam. I don't believe in Clever Master Plans™ by the scumteam. In my experience (with maybe one exception), going back and reading the scum chats after games, the scum team is more often disorganized and impulsive. Darg, Squigs, Damo, and Durga strike me as careful, cautious players rather than schemers.

More evidence that N3 was an error: CrimsonFox was one of the targets of Squigs' +1 spree. Rather than letting CF live in the suspect pool for that, town killed him one night later.

It makes no sense for the scum team to jail their own teammate on N3 when they could have used that power to try to catch PRs or the SK, or simply withheld it to preserve the element of surprise so town couldn't plan around it, and then for their teammate to turn around and give town information that clearly implicates either Damo or LordQuas as scum. (And Damo would have lost that match if LQ hadn't fucked himself with his SK fakeclaim.)

Foxcastle
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 210

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3091 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.
This is all WIFOM.

Squigs didn't know it was going to end up being a 1-in-2 possibility when he did his +1 spree on Day 2. This supports my theory that the scum team wasn't particularly organized and that N3 was actually just an error. Squigs had the chance to talk the +1 spree through with his scummates, so they apparently didn't think it was going to expose Damo.

Scum weren't threatened by me since my power wasn't activated, and they wanted to keep me alive because I was always a possible mislynch.

N3 was more likely an error by the scumteam. I don't believe in Clever Master Plans™ by the scumteam. In my experience (with maybe one exception), going back and reading the scum chats after games, the scum team is more often disorganized and impulsive. Darg, Squigs, Damo, and Durga strike me as careful, cautious players rather than schemers.

More evidence that N3 was an error: CrimsonFox was one of the targets of Squigs' +1 spree. Rather than letting CF live in the suspect pool for that, scum killed him one night later.

It makes no sense for the scum team to jail their own teammate on N3 when they could have used that power to try to catch PRs or the SK, or simply withheld it to preserve the element of surprise so town couldn't plan around it, and then for their teammate to turn around and give town information that clearly implicates either Damo or LordQuas as scum. (And Damo would have lost that match if LQ hadn't fucked himself with his SK fakeclaim.)
Ugh, I have mistyping like crazy this game. I clearly meant that scum killed CF.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 210

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3092 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 pm

*BEEN

I have BEEN mistyping like crazy. :eyeroll:

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 616
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3093 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Scum weren't threatened by me since my power wasn't activated, and they wanted to keep me alive because I was always a possible mislynch.
Surely killing you *before* your power was activated would be optimal, to ensure you could not self-save?

Nephthys
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Karma: 18

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3094 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.
Apossibly add-on to this.

If fox was town surely damo would have gone Ub onto squigs to get the power thief and then steal power from fox, not only remove the town doc save but give scum a save to protect against the SK.

Can someone check the timeline on this as I'm on mobile?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 616
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3095 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.
Apossibly add-on to this.

If fox was town surely damo would have gone Ub onto squigs to get the power thief and then steal power from fox, not only remove the town doc save but give scum a save to protect against the SK.

Can someone check the timeline on this as I'm on mobile?
Yes, that's chronologically possible.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 210

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3096 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:16 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Scum weren't threatened by me since my power wasn't activated, and they wanted to keep me alive because I was always a possible mislynch.
Surely killing you *before* your power was activated would be optimal, to ensure you could not self-save?
Does it look to you like this scum team did anything optimal?

I would say that if the doctor is being widely scumread and is a possible wagon like I was, scum could decide to keep him around as a possible mislynch. Particularly when there were still enough of them to potentially help push the mislynch, and particularly when they knew the Universal Backup will have options.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 210

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3097 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.
Apossibly add-on to this.

If fox was town surely damo would have gone Ub onto squigs to get the power thief and then steal power from fox, not only remove the town doc save but give scum a save to protect against the SK.

Can someone check the timeline on this as I'm on mobile?
Yes, that's chronologically possible.
I think you're overestimating the scum team, and I think there's a fallacy in looking back with hindsight to determine their optimal play.

This is the scum team that +1'd Crimson Fox in order to make him look suspect, but then turned around and killed him almost immediately.

This is the scum team that used their jailer so badly that it back-fired and gave town a 2-person suspect list.

If the scumteam had done what they "surely" should have, 4 of them wouldn't be dead by now.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3628
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 616
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3098 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm
If the scumteam had done what they "surely" should have, 4 of them wouldn't be dead by now.
Three of them are dead, not four.

Foxcastle
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 210

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3099 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm
If the scumteam had done what they "surely" should have, 4 of them wouldn't be dead by now.
Three of them are dead, not four.
Dead or as good as.

bozotheclown
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 10

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#3100 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:05 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I realized something else. If Foxcastle was town and therefore Askia, the scum would not expose damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup to get the jailor power to use it as they did. Foxcastle claimed Askia 2 days before he could perform a doc save, the scum would have just NKed him before D3 so he would never have the chance to save England. The only reason to expose damo was to get the jailor power to cover up Foxcastle's fake claim. That is another reason why they did not kill Jamie N3, they planned to jail Foxcastle/Jamie/Foxcastle the three nights the doc save would be active, so Foxcastle's fake claim could never be verified.
This is all WIFOM.

Squigs didn't know it was going to end up being a 1-in-2 possibility when he did his +1 spree on Day 2. This supports my theory that the scum team wasn't particularly organized and that N3 was actually just an error. Squigs had the chance to talk the +1 spree through with his scummates, so they apparently didn't think it was going to expose Damo.

Scum weren't threatened by me since my power wasn't activated, and they wanted to keep me alive because I was always a possible mislynch.

N3 was more likely an error by the scumteam. I don't believe in Clever Master Plans™ by the scumteam. In my experience (with maybe one exception), going back and reading the scum chats after games, the scum team is more often disorganized and impulsive. Darg, Squigs, Damo, and Durga strike me as careful, cautious players rather than schemers.

More evidence that N3 was an error: CrimsonFox was one of the targets of Squigs' +1 spree. Rather than letting CF live in the suspect pool for that, scum killed him one night later.

It makes no sense for the scum team to jail their own teammate on N3 when they could have used that power to try to catch PRs or the SK, or simply withheld it to preserve the element of surprise so town couldn't plan around it, and then for their teammate to turn around and give town information that clearly implicates either Damo or LordQuas as scum. (And Damo would have lost that match if LQ hadn't fucked himself with his SK fakeclaim.)
Ugh, I have mistyping like crazy this game. I clearly meant that scum killed CF.
What Squigs didn't know was going to happen is irrelevant, the fact is the scum team revealed damo as a 1 in 2 possibility for universal backup by jailing you, whether you are scum or not. The question is why they would do that. The jailor power was used to either hide your fake claim if you are scum, or prevent a doc save if you are town. The scum could have prevented a doc save without exposing damo by simply NKing you. Therefore, it was completely unnecessary for them to expose damo if you are town.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rdrivera2005 and 1 guest