Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#581 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 am
Oh look a hardclaim from Vecna D1.

Standard.
When has Vecna hardclaimed D1?
I have seen him do it in at least two games before. There was one a while back where he was a VT and hardclaimed Doc with like his first post.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#582 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Not shooting would be a mistake, that's not a good thing to advise imo.

Ike, the gun is in your hands. I would lean to shooting Crimson, ghug, maybe a hard lurk like DrC, Thomas, or Ezio.

Nephthys

#583 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:06 pm
@Ghug,

Just gonna pull this back up but what didn't you like about my explanation for the "+1 thing" perhaps if you were to point out what you didnt like about it I could explain it better.

You don't really seem to be prodding things that much... rather making the odd observation.

You say you find it odd the worcej wanted you shot but not a wagon. If you took a second to read you will see that that it literally THE reason he didn't want you as a wagon.

Currently I don't see what you are doing to either help town or progress things in any shape or form.

Tell me what is wrong with my case against you, elaborate your case on me and tell me where else I should be looking.

I do expect an answer for each point here as well.
Pretty fucking simple: dude wasn't fishing for +1s. Others were. You have a hard on for him for some reason. That's lazy, stupid, or scummy. I'm thinking mix of the first two.

I find that logic from worcej questionable. Your belief that reiterating that logic is enough to counter that belief is another point for the stupid theory.

I'm trying very hard not to lead this lynch. Town can thank me later. I'm also talking to people and giving thoughts. I'm not

Idefk what your case is. It seems like it's just OMGUS, which is why I'm not voting for you anymore, but also reinforces that you're stupid.

I do expect you to continue being stupid.
Ok then, I'm gonna let you pull me out of my stupidness. Please direct me to the others that were +1 fishing with MORE than 1 fishing post. As I've already stated this is not the case against him that I am considering. I have stated that it is instinct. This is mirrored by many other yet you continue to only slam me for it.

I never stated the logic was good only that is the logic that he used and it isnt abhorrent.

My case is that you focused on one post and drove that hard. Thinking on this I am not sure whether alignment indicative. I will stop pushing you for now as it doesn't seem this is going to gain traction unless Ike goes for it and will re-read fresh in a few hours

bozotheclown

#584 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm
I apologize for missing so much of day 1, it was a rough day yesterday. I have the next hour and a half or so to try to catch up and post as I read. As I am reading can someone summarize the case on Bozo?
From what I understand
- Struggling to find things to say (Vecna)
- Not thinking things through as much as normal (shots/lynches) (Foxcastle)
- Criticizing Jamie for having lots of scum reads early (5/8 in a game with 5 scum) (Foxcastle)
- Fabricating a reason to anchor vote me (Rdr)

Thats all I got so far.

I will note that in MMIV bozo really pushed the hypoclaim thing as town whereas here has been rather silent which off the top of my head is how he won M39 as scum
In that game I pushed box claiming D1, which I really thought was a good idea for town.

Jamiet99uk

#585 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 pm

Squigs don't tunnel me at this point in the phase please. You're so far behind and a lot has happened. You're asking questions that have been answered and talking about things best left for now.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#586 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:45 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:54 pm
I'm not clear why we should be giving any +1's to anyone at all. None of the guaranteed town roles require +1's do they? Why do we want to enable someone's power if we don't even know they're town?
Thank you for re-iterating what I said at the beginning of the game.

Jamiet99uk

#587 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 pm

We should lynch Damo. Damo looks like scum. I've explained why.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#588 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:06 pm
Here are my only reads at present that are not complete nulls:

Reads to now:

bozotheclown - Slight scum: Has done nothing but ask questions about the setup. Maybe trying to look involved without giving anything up.

CrimsonFox - Odd newb but giving a "clueless new scum" vibe.

Jamiet99uk - Town.

LordQuas - Scum: Depth-charging and making false claims.

ND - Slight scum. Has been present but avoiding any contribution. Standard shady ND. Also a cultural fascist. Sad!

Nephthys - Town.

Squigs44 - Slight town but that's just instinct and vibe. Need to see more.

Vecna - Slight town but damn he's annoying.

xorxes - Scum, hunting for Town PRs, yuck.
I disagree with about half of these. Namely Cfox, Jamiet99uk, LordQuas, Xorxes

Nephthys

#589 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:48 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm
I apologize for missing so much of day 1, it was a rough day yesterday. I have the next hour and a half or so to try to catch up and post as I read. As I am reading can someone summarize the case on Bozo?
From what I understand
- Struggling to find things to say (Vecna)
- Not thinking things through as much as normal (shots/lynches) (Foxcastle)
- Criticizing Jamie for having lots of scum reads early (5/8 in a game with 5 scum) (Foxcastle)
- Fabricating a reason to anchor vote me (Rdr)

Thats all I got so far.

I will note that in MMIV bozo really pushed the hypoclaim thing as town whereas here has been rather silent which off the top of my head is how he won M39 as scum
In that game I pushed box claiming D1, which I really thought was a good idea for town.
Just re-read that, you retracted that push by page 5. Nevertheless I retract my statement. It was later in the game where your posting dropped off.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#590 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Nephthys wrote:
ghug wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:06 pm
@Ghug,

Just gonna pull this back up but what didn't you like about my explanation for the "+1 thing" perhaps if you were to point out what you didnt like about it I could explain it better.

You don't really seem to be prodding things that much... rather making the odd observation.

You say you find it odd the worcej wanted you shot but not a wagon. If you took a second to read you will see that that it literally THE reason he didn't want you as a wagon.

Currently I don't see what you are doing to either help town or progress things in any shape or form.

Tell me what is wrong with my case against you, elaborate your case on me and tell me where else I should be looking.

I do expect an answer for each point here as well.
Pretty fucking simple: dude wasn't fishing for +1s. Others were. You have a hard on for him for some reason. That's lazy, stupid, or scummy. I'm thinking mix of the first two.

I find that logic from worcej questionable. Your belief that reiterating that logic is enough to counter that belief is another point for the stupid theory.

I'm trying very hard not to lead this lynch. Town can thank me later. I'm also talking to people and giving thoughts. I'm not

Idefk what your case is. It seems like it's just OMGUS, which is why I'm not voting for you anymore, but also reinforces that you're stupid.

Ok then, I'm gonna let you pull me out of my stupidness. Please direct me to the others that were +1 fishing with MORE than 1 fishing post. As I've already stated this is not the case against him that I am considering. I have stated that it is instinct. This is mirrored by many other yet you continue to only slam me for it.

I never stated the logic was good only that is the logic that he used and it isnt abhorrent.

My case is that you focused on one post and drove that hard. Thinking on this I am not sure whether alignment indicative. I will stop pushing you for now as it doesn't seem this is going to gain traction unless Ike goes for it and will re-read fresh in a few hours
I explicitly asked for +1s in multiple posts. Other people jokeposted, which is all Crimson did. Your logic there is unbelievably confbiasy at best and blatantly disingenuous at worst.

I think his logic was abhorrent.

What post did I focus on and drive hard?

RagingIke297

#591 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:50 pm

Im almost certainly going to shoot Ezio shortly, I really wish he was around

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#592 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:52 pm
If we could have kept it to 8 or less for the first 24, I'd have been happier.
:?: :!: :?: :!:

Nephthys

#593 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 pm
Nephthys wrote:
ghug wrote:

I explicitly asked for +1s in multiple posts. Other people jokeposted, which is all Crimson did. Your logic there is unbelievably confbiasy at best and blatantly disingenuous at worst.

You literally have an almost identical post in another game (if this post gets x +1s I will....). You then stated you trying to troll Jamie. Yes they are +1 asking posts but there are alternative motives. I have no such meta to base off for cFox therefore I suspect him more for it.

The context of this whole disagreement? My response to the +1 solicitation.

Jamiet99uk

#594 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:48 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:06 pm
Here are my only reads at present that are not complete nulls:

Reads to now:

bozotheclown - Slight scum: Has done nothing but ask questions about the setup. Maybe trying to look involved without giving anything up.

CrimsonFox - Odd newb but giving a "clueless new scum" vibe.

Jamiet99uk - Town.

LordQuas - Scum: Depth-charging and making false claims.

ND - Slight scum. Has been present but avoiding any contribution. Standard shady ND. Also a cultural fascist. Sad!

Nephthys - Town.

Squigs44 - Slight town but that's just instinct and vibe. Need to see more.

Vecna - Slight town but damn he's annoying.

xorxes - Scum, hunting for Town PRs, yuck.
I disagree with about half of these. Namely Cfox, Jamiet99uk, LordQuas, Xorxes
Or to put it a more positive way, you agree with half of them.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#595 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Ike, the gun is in your hands. I would lean to shooting Crimson, ghug, maybe a hard lurk like DrC, Thomas, or Ezio.
To be clear, I'm not advocating not shooting. I'm asking whether he considered.

I don't find the people originally calling for my shooting that sus, but the worcejs and RHKs of the world who are just passively throwing more weight behind my name are no good.

Foxcastle

#596 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:52 pm
If we could have kept it to 8 or less for the first 24, I'd have been happier.
:?: :!: :?: :!:
This was a joke. :eyeroll: How do you not see the inherent absurdity of keeping the first day of a 20 person mafia game to under 8 pages???

Jamiet99uk

#597 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 pm

Squigs please stop polluting the thread by posting things from the early part of the phase which have already been discussed, questioned, answered, etc.

First get caught up, then ask questions. Seriously.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#598 Post by ghug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 pm
Nephthys wrote:

You literally have an almost identical post in another game (if this post gets x +1s I will....). You then stated you trying to troll Jamie. Yes they are +1 asking posts but there are alternative motives. I have no such meta to base off for cFox therefore I suspect him more for it.

The context of this whole disagreement? My response to the +1 solicitation.
That's not one post though, it's been continuous context in the vote you were holding until you OMGUSed me.

We've never had a game allow +1s before, so I'm fairly sure I haven't made a similar post before. I'll give you that I had other motivations, but I'm not sure why you assume that jokeposting isn't an alternative motivation itself.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#599 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:52 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 pm

To be clear, I'm not advocating not shooting. I'm asking whether he considered.

I don't find the people originally calling for my shooting that sus, but the worcejs and RHKs of the world who are just passively throwing more weight behind my name are no good.
Oh I wasn't talking about you saying not to shoot the gun, mb if it came off that way, it was more pointed at bozo. I would suggest shooting bozo but the mad scramble of votes after may murk things up.

Jamiet99uk

#600 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Two hours left.

That means one hour to pick who you want to end up voting for.