New Forum Game: Coalition

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: New Forum Game: Coalition

#21 Post by Ezio » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:47 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 am
Ezio wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:23 am
Are PM's allowed?
I was originally thinking not... But I think it would be more fun if they were allowed. What do y'all think?
I almost always prefer full press to public press, so I'd prefer PM's. I'd imagine a public press only variant would end up being far too chaotic if everyone was involved.

I also think you should drastically reduce the number of possible coalitions, but perhaps after balancing them there will be reason for there being so many.

This one is huge:
Players should not be able to freely give other players points. At best there should be a limit on the number of points, or perhaps a cut off near the endgame. Games where defeated players have extreme power to determine the winner are obnoxious, particularly in games where you may need to hurt other players in order to get ahead.

damo666

#22 Post by damo666 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:56 am

1. I think PMs allowable. Also +1
2. I don't see a problem with the number of coalitions as long as only a subset in play each day. How many you thinking Squigs and is it variable?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#23 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Alright, PMs allowable. +1s definitely allowable.

Yes, only a certain subset of coalitions is available each phase, which changes each phase. Typically it will be 3-5 coalitions, but will be variable. All of that, including which coalitions are available each round, is predetermined.

Regarding giving points. I included that mechanic for the purpose of influencing different coalitions. Like hiring a bodyguard, bribing someone to vote for you in an election, creating an admittance fee for the exclusive coalition, etc. Since game throwing is against the rules, I hadn't thought of people using that mechanic to freely give points. Players must play to their wincon. I think a limit on the number of points you can give is a good idea though. Also, part of the game is to keep good relations with other players so that near the end they want to help you, not hurt you.

thisisntme

#24 Post by thisisntme » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:26 pm

I'm in it for the +1's

Claesar

#25 Post by Claesar » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:18 pm

There's no explanation on the Dictator Guild yet, or the Avenge mechanic. I presume they'll come later?