Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#1601 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:15 am

yeah my idea was to create a game where the way people played had a big impact on the outcome, vs something like a cop

anyway, once again - thanks everyone for playing. it was nice to try out something fun

--- thoroughly unpleasant person

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1602 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:32 am

I think I'd rather have day chat and no night than just night chat as scum. I also think the roles in a vacuum were at least moderately scum-sided. Three days to loss is steep to overcome.

I think there's also a large confounding factor here in that scum can pretty plausibly claim doc even if the assassin does die, which can probably get them at least one extra mislynch, and there's the fact that double vote is seen much more often as a town role. That every town player was ready to at least mostly clear Damian suggests that it wasn't completely ridiculous to do.

In my mind, the purpose of a closed setup is to prevent a mass claim's effectiveness, thus taking mechanics out of scumhunting. It succeeded in that in forcing consideration of Fox's claim. It succeeded in half of it in giving Damian plausible cover, but as players without setup info, we need to act on probabilities, and the probability of Damian's being scum given what we knew was low enough that I think considering him town was the right call.

Now, we got it wrong mostly irrespective of any balance issues, so none of it really matters as far as this game goes. I just think that closed setups are a good idea, and I'd rather we all learn from what worked and what didn't about this one rather than declare it perfect when it wasn't.

Durga

#1603 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:45 am

i'm happy that you're as good at reading set ups as you are at catching scum :heart:

no one is declaring it perfect, it is definitely swingy. but stop throwing shade at my set up as the reason you lost. the number of scum/town ratio is right, i checked like 20 mafiascum games. i even gave you guys a doc and no factional mafia kill. you had plenty of opportunities to make it more than 3 mislynches - and for such a small game that is NOT unreasonable

also, you weren't even close to catching the scum.

also, you were foolish for town clearing anyone in a closed set up - which whatever, you've never played a closed set up and now you've learned. good for you.

also, day chat and no night is 100% worse for mafia. just look at what happened with balki's kill/lynch there - that would never have happened in a normal set up. plus nights break up town flow. there was no break in that here, so it's better for town. plus scum don't get the benefit of knowing what the lynch was when deciding the kill.

try to think a little before you go off next time, i'd be nice to you but you never give me a reason to do so. you always just throw shade and then get made when i get annoyed and then call me a bad person. maybe... maybe you're the bad person??????!!! just maybe.

Durga

#1604 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:01 am

Bozotheclown has been LYNCHED. They were OKOME, a VANILLA TOWNIE.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1605 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:10 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:45 am
i'm happy that you're as good at reading set ups as you are at catching scum :heart:

no one is declaring it perfect, it is definitely swingy. but stop throwing shade at my set up as the reason you lost. the number of scum/town ratio is right, i checked like 20 mafiascum games. i even gave you guys a doc and no factional mafia kill. you had plenty of opportunities to make it more than 3 mislynches - and for such a small game that is NOT unreasonable

also, you weren't even close to catching the scum.

also, you were foolish for town clearing anyone in a closed set up - which whatever, you've never played a closed set up and now you've learned. good for you.

also, day chat and no night is 100% worse for mafia. just look at what happened with balki's kill/lynch there - that would never have happened in a normal set up. plus nights break up town flow. there was no break in that here, so it's better for town. plus scum don't get the benefit of knowing what the lynch was when deciding the kill.

try to think a little before you go off next time, i'd be nice to you but you never give me a reason to do so. you always just throw shade and then get made when i get annoyed and then call me a bad person. maybe... maybe you're the bad person??????!!! just maybe.
I said your setup was bad. You responded with "Hey ghug, fuck you. You're shit at this game." You also appear to have been talking shit about me in the God thread the entire game. Trying to play the victim here is ridiculous.

I never said your setup was the reason we lost. I've actually clarified multiple times that it wasn't. If you could take a quarter of the criticism you dish out, this wouldn't be an issue.

Durga

#1606 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:18 am

saying my set up was bad was inferring you lost because of the set up. it's a bit annoying to run a game that you've put a lot of thought and time into just to be told it's shitty. i reacted accordingly. you can go back to your open basic set up 27 player games now and shit on the next gm.

Durga

#1607 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:22 am

oh and maybe next time try "thanks durga and worcej for running a game that I got to play in although I don't think it's balanced" it might get you less of an angry react

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1608 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:27 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:22 am
oh and maybe next time try "thanks durga and worcej for running a game that I got to play in although I don't think it's balanced" it might get you less of an angry react
Is that why you're yelling at Ezio right now too?

damian

#1609 Post by damian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 am

I loved Balki’s reaction to my colour shenanigans by the way. Couldn’t say so at the time but I really appreciated it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1610 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:34 am

damian wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:28 am
I loved Balki’s reaction to my colour shenanigans by the way. Couldn’t say so at the time but I really appreciated it.
That honestly made me scumread you way less.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1611 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:36 am

I also townread you for the color stuff.

Durga

#1612 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:38 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:27 am
Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:22 am
Is that why you're yelling at Ezio right now too?
i'm glad that's the standard you're setting for yourself.

i apologize that i got angry at your insensitive comment and called you shitty. i will go back to ignoring your existence forever now

damian

#1613 Post by damian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:45 am

It was actually scum hunting tbf. Or at least an attempt at a genuine facsimile of doing so. I didn’t warn anyone on the scum team about what I was doing or how to answer so it’s amusing that the rest of the scum all ended up in the same category.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1614 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:53 am

I thought you were putting together a spreadsheet or something and needed a color for each of us to help organize it. I had actually forgotten about the color thing until you brought it up later.

Vecna

#1615 Post by Vecna » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:10 am
And if anyone responds to this by posting what I said about Damian on Day 3, you will be immediately unsubscribed from my Youtube channel.
If you had these quality posts during the game you never wouldve been lynched to begin with :razz: