Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#1581 Post by Durga » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 pm

anyway, thank you worcej for GM-ing with me!!! :heart:

damian

#1582 Post by damian » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 pm

The lack of team NK did also lead to hilarity like me killing Balki with votes and RD using our night kill on him. Hilarious.

The main weakness we had as a team was how vital RD was for our victory. Meaning we really should have made an effort to save him when he was in danger. Which aught to have tied us together. Thankfully when he was up for a lynch I felt like I could get away with bussing him. Which made it harder to tie us all together.

Thanks for giving me the confidence to pull that off Xorxes.

worcej

#1583 Post by worcej » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 pm

damian wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:29 pm
The lack of team NK did also lead to hilarity like me killing Balki with votes and RD using our night kill on him. Hilarious.

The main weakness we had as a team was how vital RD was for our victory. Meaning we really should have made an effort to save him when he was in danger. Which aught to have tied us together. Thankfully when he was up for a lynch I felt like I could get away with bussing him. Which made it harder to tie us all together.

Thanks for giving me the confidence to pull that off Xorxes.
Again, highlighting the understanding of the game.

I thought the setup was relatively balanced, maybe a little bit of a scum lean. But considering the scum team had no idea what PRs were in play, I didn't think it was much of an issue. The scum team obviously were able to analyze the game and make calculated decisions - they purposely held back the RB most of the time to avoid detection and recognized that rdr needed to be protected.

The way I looked at it with this setup was I would've avoided outing myself as a PR at all costs unless I knew I had a scum via investigation. The uncertainty of what was in play would make me concerned if I was a town PR. Not that I think it was bad, but Vecna outting himself as doctor hurt town immensely since he could've been clutch near the end to delay mylo.

worcej

#1584 Post by worcej » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 pm

Regardless, GG all. I enjoyed GMing and if anyone needs a co-gm for a game down the road, let me know and I'll gladly help :) Thanks Durga for giving me my first shot at doing it!

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1585 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:04 am

I feel like we should spend a little time here discussing how ridiculous Balki's reads were in this game, and how Webdip Rule #1 should be to never lynch Balki until at least LYLO. It should probably go in the Rules section before each game.

Also, we should also direct some shame towards Xorxes, Vecna and Bozo for violating Webdip Rule #1.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1586 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:08 am

I'm still mad we killed you, Balki. ♥️

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1587 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:09 am

Day 1, Damian posts something...and aha!
Balki wrote:^^^ Clearly the scummiest thing I have read in like a week.

##vote Damian
Then Foxy starts posting and, boom!
Balki wrote:(2) I don't have any strong feelings about anyone's alignment just yet. Damian and Foxcastle give me the slight heebeegeebees, but it's pretty minor. ##vote Foxcastle
Day 2 rolls around...pow!
Balki wrote:What’s Foxy doing? Have people figured out that he is scum yet?
Then rdrivera arrives and posts something...bam!
Balki wrote:You see — this here as all the characteristics of a scummitty scumbucket post.

##vote rdrivera

I’m Town, follow me please.
I just feel like he has to be cheating, right? How does he do it?! He should definitely have his own Youtube channel.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1588 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:10 am

And if anyone responds to this by posting what I said about Damian on Day 3, you will be immediately unsubscribed from my Youtube channel.

xorxes

#1589 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:08 am
I'm still mad we killed you, Balki. ♥️
He was killed simultaneously by the Mafia though.

I'm mad I killed Squigs and saved rivera...

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1590 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 am

I'm just mad that the game where I had my best reads was the first time since coming back that I was lynched as town. I have been nearly mislynched so many times as town that I was actually quite shocked when I finally got mislynched.

Fluminator

#1591 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 am

Good game scum. Especially Damian for crumbing gunsmith and throwing me off :P

Vecna, you're always fun to play with. We were on the same wrong wavelength all game, but it was still cool we were in sync.

Balki, Squiggs good reads. Probably a lot of the shade thrown on you was propagated by scum because you had good reads.

Ghug, no regrets oracling you! It looked like you had it figured out for a bit too.

Ezio, don't listen to Xorxes, he's just salty you know how to read him.

Fluminator

#1592 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:33 am

Thanks to Durga and worjec for hosting it! It was fun to play another game with cool people.

xorxes

#1593 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:46 am

I liked the no night part, it makes it so much more dynamic.

I probably shouldn't have assumed 3 scum -> 3 PR, but that's what I expected would be a balanced setup. My first instinct when damian saved Fox was that they were both scum, but then having 3 PRs was just too reasonable. I even thought Mafia had no special powers because the daychat gives them such a huge advantage.

I also had a lot of trouble dealing with bozo and rivera. I wanted to offend them as little as possible in this game so they would not hold it against me in the other one, that's why I practically ignored them until the other game finished.

Durga

#1594 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 am

I looked at a fair amount of set ups and with this number the usual was 2 PR and 3 Scum. So I went with that.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1595 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:11 am

First I want to thank Durga and Worcej for running the game.

Second, I really didn't want to lose to Xorxes again....

Damian is MVP for sure and if I didn't make a mistake we would have won D3 with a perfect game.

I don't know why people believe me when I am scum and didn't believe me when I am obviously town.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1596 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:15 am

Look, if Rdrivera got one more vote D2, he would've been lynched. Vecna saves oracled ghug D3, and now mafia has no NK left. Fox likely gets lynched D3 or D4, and now it is Damian versus what, 5 town? Town cleared ghug makes it to the end, and probably doc Vecna. Then we have a conversation at the end of the game about how townsided this set up was.

The set up was balanced just fine.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1597 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:17 am

Good game scum buckets. A well deserved victory.

Thanks to Durga for trying something different and interesting. So many games around here are so similar -- kudos for being creative. Also, Durga and worcej, the game ran very smoothly considering the innovation. Thanks for putting in the time and effort.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1598 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 am

I agree with most. Even though my time was short lived, I liked the setup because it was so different. May have been slightly scum sided, but definitely win-able for town, so no complaints there.

Thanks GMs!

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1599 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:22 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:46 am
I liked the no night part, it makes it so much more dynamic.

I probably shouldn't have assumed 3 scum -> 3 PR, but that's what I expected would be a balanced setup. My first instinct when damian saved Fox was that they were both scum, but then having 3 PRs was just too reasonable. I even thought Mafia had no special powers because the daychat gives them such a huge advantage.

I also had a lot of trouble dealing with bozo and rivera. I wanted to offend them as little as possible in this game so they would not hold it against me in the other one, that's why I practically ignored them until the other game finished.
I could have been a PR NK’d D1, so it was probably a mistake to townclear Damian regardless

Fluminator

#1600 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:45 am

As a member of the well loved and respected mafia council on webdip (I dont think I ever left it) my opinion on this setup is objective fact.

Normally you allow as many mislynches as you have scum. In this setup it's actually over for town at just 3 mislynches so it may seem scum sided at first glance. However, it's only the case if both the doublevoter and assassin live. If the assassin dies, then the town has a huge advantage and the town becomes favored to win. So I would say the setup is a little more swingy than normal but that's not necessarily a bad thing and doesn't make it unbalanced.

Day chat for scum and no night is much worse for scum than night chat.
2 PR for town is fair.

The council has spoken.

-signed Flum HR Captainmeme