Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#301 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:05 pm

damian wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:56 pm
I'm running out of time to wrap up my colour experiment. The results have been mildly disappointing. I didn't get any of the reactions that would have been really revealing. Aggressively refusing to answer the question or, clumping around a single answer.

Still here are the results.
Special Snowflake: Flum, Balki, Ghug,
Normal Colour: Squig, Tom
Posted But Ignored the Question: Bozo, Vecna, Rdriveria, Xorxes, ND, Foxcastle

I'm inclined to say the first grouping in NIA, putting more thought into you answer could be indicative, or the kind of play you get from scum where they are more careful about what they post. But given the personalities of those involved it could equally just be them being smart aleks.

I'm inclined to interpret choosing a normal colour as slight town indicative. Its more relaxed and and natural. Which is what I'd expect from a townie, could be faked though.

And I'm inclined to say ignoring the question is a slight scum indicator. As the question itself is harmless and answering it takes only a second.
Do you want to know my date of birth so you can do my horoscope next?

damian

#302 Post by damian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:07 pm

If you're pieces I'm lynching you. :lol:

damian

#303 Post by damian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Pisces. I know my zodiac. Honest. :cry:

Vecna

#304 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:09 pm

damian wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:29 pm
@Bozo. Why?

@Vecna. Since Bozo didn't answer you have have his question if you could ask three players a question and they had to answer honestly. Who would you want to ask, and what would you ask?

@Rdriveria. If you could give a gun to someone this phase (and only this phase). Would you give it out? If so who would you give it to?

@Xorxes. If someone handed you a gun this phase, and you had to use it immediately or it vanished. Would you shoot? If so who?

@ND. If you could choose a question that everyone in the game had to answer, that wasn't about alignment. What would it be?

@Foxcastle. If you could know the alignment of one other player this game would do you think would be the most useful player's alignment to know?
Id definately ask Balki for his bank account details, Ghug to sent me naughty pictures, and id ask you if there was honest intent behind this scum hunting front or if youre just bullshitting to appear towny.

xorxes

#305 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:09 pm

damian wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:29 pm

@Xorxes. If someone handed you a gun this phase, and you had to use it immediately or it vanished. Would you shoot? If so who?
I would shoot ghug because I think he's scum.

@ghug, do you have any last words?

xorxes

#306 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 pm

Is there anything important I have to read? I'm going to start catching up but I see it's been a few pages.

Vecna

#307 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 pm

damian wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:30 pm
I'm starting to feel a Bozo lynch. Unwillingness to provide information. Unwillingness to scum hunt. It all looks like scum to me. Especially if Vecna is right about Bozo's meta.
##Vote Bozo
Bozo is town here ( I think )

Its a very small initial impression, and it might change, but im usually the only person here that can read him to a fault.

damian

#308 Post by damian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:17 pm

I would love to have more to go off than a feeling that Bozo is town and Ghug is scum. Either of you care to elaborate on those feelings. I don't trust any of you enough to go with your gut when there seems to be evidence pointing the other direction.

Or are we not in the stage in our relationship were we can have an honest discussion about feelings?

xorxes

#309 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 pm
Ezio wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:30 am
Also, it's odd being in a game where everyone is pretty easily categorized as a threat on both sides of the game.
I find the use of the word “threat” here is be slightly scum indicative. Ezio is referring to both alignments, so it could just be a way of wording this thought economically, but I think scum is more likely to use a word like “threat” when referring to a townie who is good at sorting scum.
Ezio wrote:
As a result, keeping around good scumhunters is significantly more important in this game than in a normal game, and I want to make sure everyone is on the same page with this.
Ezio’s line about “I want to make sure everyone is on the same page” seems a bit pretend. Like, if I’m Ezio, I’m not really expecting everyone to say “Yeah, that’s right, I agree,” and I’m not expecting to convince anyone to prioritize killing people who are less good at scumhunting. And unsurprisingly, there is no follow through from Ezio to try to convince anyone who has taken a different view. So “I want to make sure everyone is on the same page” feels more fabricated than real. It reads to me as saying: “Hey guys, I really do believe what I’m saying, and I really do want other people to believe it too. No really, this is for real.”

Also, the fact that Ezio opens by proposing a plan that, as Ezio himself said right away, would prioritize lynching Ezio, seems like it could be an artificial grab for town cred. “Hey guys, look over here — I don’t mind being lynched. I even proposed a way of prioritizing lunches that puts me in jeopardy! I clearly don’t care if I survive. No really.”

I think Ezio knows that this idea he puts forward is not going to be widely adopted, and so it looks more like performance art to me than sincere discussion.
The third point is the only reasonably good one, so by even bringing up the other two first you weaken your case a lot.

Vecna

#310 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Yeah ok, I think all our current wagons REALLY suck.

I dont yet have a strong read on Squigs, but I think most of his stuff by now is verging more on the towny side. We've seen before that he is usually pretty awkward on day1. I do think he is a horrible lynch here, since I actually see him as one of the more usefull town assets if he is town. Lets not lynch him, because I think the reasons for why he is in the lead atm are not good enough.

Bozo as I said.....becomes very easy to read later on. As scum though, he usually posts very artificial flat posts, that make sense on a surface level. Here he is just spitting at people to piss them off. I havent seen him do that yet as scum. Bad lynch candidate id say.

Damian, also an awkward player. If were lynching any of these 3, I still prefer him over Bozo and Squigs.....but I prefer a different lynch.

Ghug is usually town when you want to lynch him. When he's all proper n shit he is scum. He does have different shitty flavours. I dont have a real read on him yet. Care to expand your read there xorxes? I -might- be persuaded but.....

My actual preferred candidates: Rdrivera, ND, Maaaaaybe Ezio?

ND hasnt had one of those posts yet where I instantly think "THIS IS TOWN ND". Last game he did a bunch of those right off the bat. Maybe it was the presence of Jamiet that dragged it out, I dno....but here he just seems to post stuff that is a bit too general for my liking. Bland feel-good "look at me being somewhat town" type of stuff. Id lynch him. And id say theres a decent chance of him flipping scum here. The same actually applies to Rdrivera, except im just wrong a lot more often about Rdrivera. He usually has a lot of stuff that I feel exactly the same about though. This game, his thought pattern is something I am not feeling whatsoever.

Ezio, I guess to see whatever Balki is smoking. It might be some high quality cush.

Vecna

#311 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:22 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 pm
Ezio wrote:
Also, it's odd being in a game where everyone is pretty easily categorized as a threat on both sides of the game.
I find the use of the word “threat” here is be slightly scum indicative. Ezio is referring to both alignments, so it could just be a way of wording this thought economically, but I think scum is more likely to use a word like “threat” when referring to a townie who is good at sorting scum.
Ezio wrote:
As a result, keeping around good scumhunters is significantly more important in this game than in a normal game, and I want to make sure everyone is on the same page with this.
Ezio’s line about “I want to make sure everyone is on the same page” seems a bit pretend. Like, if I’m Ezio, I’m not really expecting everyone to say “Yeah, that’s right, I agree,” and I’m not expecting to convince anyone to prioritize killing people who are less good at scumhunting. And unsurprisingly, there is no follow through from Ezio to try to convince anyone who has taken a different view. So “I want to make sure everyone is on the same page” feels more fabricated than real. It reads to me as saying: “Hey guys, I really do believe what I’m saying, and I really do want other people to believe it too. No really, this is for real.”

Also, the fact that Ezio opens by proposing a plan that, as Ezio himself said right away, would prioritize lynching Ezio, seems like it could be an artificial grab for town cred. “Hey guys, look over here — I don’t mind being lynched. I even proposed a way of prioritizing lunches that puts me in jeopardy! I clearly don’t care if I survive. No really.”

I think Ezio knows that this idea he puts forward is not going to be widely adopted, and so it looks more like performance art to me than sincere discussion.
The third point is the only reasonably good one, so by even bringing up the other two first you weaken your case a lot.
I actually liked the second point as well.

The thing that has me slightly worried, is that he appears to be in Lawyer-criminal defense mode, where his posts feel slightly more like they are drafted to impress and convince of us something. There is no charging at attacking goblins and all that. Man on a mission?

Vecna

#312 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Who else is even in this game. Time to look at the playerlist.

Vecna

#313 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Yeah, Tom, Fox and Xorxes feel alright I guess. I cant read fox for shit, but I think he's probably town.

damian

#314 Post by damian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Does anyone have a game reference I could take a look at where Balki was scum?

The lawyer voice point Vecna raises is interesting, I'd like to know if its consistent with Balki's scum meta.

ND

#315 Post by ND » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:27 pm

I won't be on at EOD sorry. But it's just cause my trip is done and I'll be driving.

xorxes

#316 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Vecna wrote:

Ghug is usually town when you want to lynch him. When he's all proper n shit he is scum. He does have different shitty flavours. I dont have a real read on him yet. Care to expand your read there xorxes? I -might- be persuaded but.....
When he was town he offered to suck my dick, or something like that, I don't remember the exact details.

When he was scum he was much more proper n shit as you say, he said I was his spirit animal or something like that.

This time he says he is me, which I'd classify as proper.

Also, what he said about Ezio doesn't fit.

Vecna

#317 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:29 pm

Im not sure yet if im convinced by my own point there. Not really. He is always an eloquent bastard. ;)

But he sure is trying this time around. But not by asking a million questions, but making up his mind and trying to steer us somewhere. But then again, mixing it up, different playstyles, it doesnt have to mean shit, and I definitively dont think a simple trick like that would catch him.

Fluminator

#318 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm

##Vote ND
Willing to switch to Ezio

Foxcastle

#319 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 pm

damian wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:26 pm
Does anyone have a game reference I could take a look at where Balki was scum?

The lawyer voice point Vecna raises is interesting, I'd like to know if its consistent with Balki's scum meta.
M34 is where I get my baseline read of his scum meta.

Vecna

#320 Post by Vecna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:32 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:27 pm
Vecna wrote:

When he was town he offered to suck my dick, or something like that, I don't remember the exact details.

When he was scum he was much more proper n shit as you say, he said I was his spirit animal or something like that.

This time he says he is me, which I'd classify as proper.

Also, what he said about Ezio doesn't fit.
I dont mean proper in how he addresses people. He's still a badmouthing brontodon regardless of alignment. Its just how he writes his posts, how much effort he puts in details, and most importantly, how much it makes me think "damn, that is one motherfucking towny sounding post".

Everytime im townreading Ghug for reasons like that, he is scum. I even said it last game in my very first read of him. Something like "ghug is sounding very towny, he probably will end up being scum". I dont have that feeling here yet.