Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#261 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:54 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 am
At this point I don't have a solid scumread, but some things I feel as scummy. People that strike me as possibly scum are Damian and Ezio at this point, with a special mention to Bozo.
Considering Damian is already on the lead ##vote Ezio

I have town vibes from Squigs and Vecna and mostly null on the others.
This is so vague. Rdrivera usually has detail in his posts, even on day 1
Sorry for being vague but it have been a busy day for me (and I can't enter in details about it). But I was honest, I don't have any solid reads and I think anyone who claim that have it is lying or have a too good opinion on himself.

bozotheclown

#262 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 pm
Bozo, Ezio, and Damian are all pretty objectively scummy to me. I'm just skeptical they'll actually flip scum, but at this point I don't really have a stronger read worth lynching.
Is being objectively scummy better or worse than just being scummy?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#263 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:17 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:02 pm
You literally just reposted what you said earlier, but with more words. I get you are afraid of scum Rdrivera and Bozo and that you think Ezio lurks. But how does this help us as town? Why did you feel the need to post this? Or was it just an observation you were making?
I'm not sure what you want here. The game had been running for only a few hours, there were fewer than 50 posts and most people were still saying hi. I was making conversation.
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:43 pm
My last two games were as an oracled PR and as scum. I'm hungry to solve. Add to that the fact that we are in a game with all highly experienced players, and we are going to need a lot of discussion and interaction to catch scum. Looking at the player list, we don't have a brainbomb, Jamie, etc to create drama or events worth discussing. My aggression is an attempt to generate discussion, wagon movement, push people into uncomfortable situations, etc. I think this is the best way to gather info and catch scum in this set up.
I think most people are comparing me against my meta in the last two games. I'm probably closer to my tiny hunt meta, when I was top poster in that game.

I know I asked you about this already, and your answer is above, but I'm not the only one who's noticed the new you. Based on a quick skim of your iso in the Tiny Hunt game, I disagree that this is similar; you're much more confrontational here. So can you expound a little more on what's going on here? Is this a deliberate approach you're taking? Do you think that focusing so much on extracting answers is going to distract away from the thoughtful deductions I recall from previous game?
Those questions are kinda awkwardly asked.

Yes my approach is deliberate. You think I would accidentally be interrogative?
No, being confrontational will not stop me from solving. I can still post my reads and cases while creating conversations, although most of my solving does come later in the game.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#264 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:21 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 am
So you townread squigs, scumread Damian.

The top two wagons are squigs vs Damian, and you vote Ezio? Instead of trying to outpace the wagon on your townread?

And youre calling me bad for scumreading you?
I disagree with Vecna’s analysis above. He is suggesting that rdrivera should be voting to protect a townread wagon at an early stage when the townread is in no real danger. And Vecna suggests that rdrivera’s failure to vote Damian is so strange that it is scum indicative.

I also feel like the way Vecna phrases the last sentence is somewhat scum-indicative for Vecna: “And youre calling me bad for scumreading you.” The statement assumes AI without explaining it and the statement focuses on Vecna’s own alignment.
Yeah, this was also the sort of reaction I was expecting to receive from (town) Rdrivera, since I honestly dont think ive done -anything- worth townreading so far this game. Instead, he somehow thinks he can read me already (one of two people), and that my mediocre attack of him is just me being bad and unreasonable town.

The real reason for being suspicious of the Rdrivera slot is that there so far have been very few genuine responses from him. This instance just further makes me think that it is quite likely he is a baddy.
I townread read you because of style. You posted a bunch of messages reacting to posts and this is what I remember you doing as town in our last games together.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#265 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Bozo, Ezio, and Damian are all pretty objectively scummy to me. I'm just skeptical they'll actually flip scum, but at this point I don't really have a stronger read worth lynching.
What does this mean? They are objectively scum but your are skeptical they will flip scum?

Foxcastle

#266 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:45 pm
Those questions are kinda awkwardly asked.

Yes my approach is deliberate. You think I would accidentally be interrogative?
No, being confrontational will not stop me from solving. I can still post my reads and cases while creating conversations, although most of my solving does come later in the game.
What do you think of the idea that you could be doing it to hide your scum meta, which you've been pretty clear you were unhappy with in previous games? It's great that you're excited to solve, but does that really require a new, more aggressive approach? Why not just let Squigs be Squigs? Unless Squigs can't be Squigs for some reason...

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#267 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:54 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:43 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:14 pm
Bozo is still sucking it up this game. He has flat out refused to give out any reads except "Squigs voting for me sucks". I'm not gonna let Bozo play the same game he did in M40.
You can't expect me to identify all the scum D1.

I thought your vote was just a pressure vote, am I now scum for being a low poster?
Well, if you are scum, then yes, you can identify all the scum D1.

My vote was originally a pressure vote coupled with a criticism of your no lynch idea and the way you dropped that and then left. You know that a no lynch on Webdip isn't going to happen unless you give a convincing argument and debate it thoroughly. So why post that and then disappear.

Since then, I started actually scumreading you when you abandoned your no-lynch idea as soon as someone voted for you so you could OMGUS. Couple that with your inability to give a single read about anyone in the game, and your history of lurking as scum. You don't have to give a complete reads list, but do something to scumhunt.

damian

#268 Post by damian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:56 pm

I'm running out of time to wrap up my colour experiment. The results have been mildly disappointing. I didn't get any of the reactions that would have been really revealing. Aggressively refusing to answer the question or, clumping around a single answer.

Still here are the results.
Special Snowflake: Flum, Balki, Ghug,
Normal Colour: Squig, Tom
Posted But Ignored the Question: Bozo, Vecna, Rdriveria, Xorxes, ND, Foxcastle

I'm inclined to say the first grouping in NIA, putting more thought into you answer could be indicative, or the kind of play you get from scum where they are more careful about what they post. But given the personalities of those involved it could equally just be them being smart aleks.

I'm inclined to interpret choosing a normal colour as slight town indicative. Its more relaxed and and natural. Which is what I'd expect from a townie, could be faked though.

And I'm inclined to say ignoring the question is a slight scum indicator. As the question itself is harmless and answering it takes only a second.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#269 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 pm

damian wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:56 pm
I'm running out of time to wrap up my colour experiment. The results have been mildly disappointing. I didn't get any of the reactions that would have been really revealing. Aggressively refusing to answer the question or, clumping around a single answer.

I'm inclined to say the first grouping in NIA, putting more thought into you answer could be indicative, or the kind of play you get from scum where they are more careful about what they post. But given the personalities of those involved it could equally just be them being smart aleks.

I'm inclined to interpret choosing a normal colour as slight town indicative. Its more relaxed and and natural. Which is what I'd expect from a townie, could be faked though.

And I'm inclined to say ignoring the question is a slight scum indicator. As the question itself is harmless and answering it takes only a second.
This is the weirdest scum hunting technique I have ever seen.

ND

#270 Post by ND » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 pm

damian wrote:

Lol silly

damian

#271 Post by damian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Bozo, if you could ask three players a question and they had to answer honestly. Who would you want to ask, and what would you ask?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#272 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:04 pm

damian wrote:

If the question is harmless why scum would avoid answering? It looks like just another filler from you. And if you really believe this thing have some utility, why are you voting Squigs?

damian

#273 Post by damian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Scum don’t know what town roles are. I could have a role related to colour.

I’m still trying to decide if the evidence in the case against Squig is strong enough to surrplant the information from the colour read. I’m hoping to extract more information before phase end when I have to make a final decision.

Foxcastle

#274 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Okay, I was trying to not jump to conclusions on Damian that awkward==scummy, but... I'm not sure I have anywhere else to go. The colors thing is silly, and that's fine, but he doesn't seem to be joking in the subsequent analysis, and that's not fine.

Foxcastle

#275 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Is it supposed to be a joke? Am I just misreading this?

Fluminator

#276 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 pm
Fluminator wrote:
What does this mean? They are objectively scum but your are skeptical they will flip scum?
Those 3 usually play in this way regardless of alignment. But I don't like giving scummy play a pass because meta.
Although I no longer want to lynch damian lmao.

Bozo, I don't think I've ever seen you get emotional. Are you a robot. Give me something human! Where do you live, what's your job?

Ezio, what did you expect the response to your long post would be?

bozotheclown

#277 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:13 pm

damian wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 pm
Bozo, if you could ask three players a question and they had to answer honestly. Who would you want to ask, and what would you ask?
I am going to choose to ignore this question also.

bozotheclown

#278 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Those 3 usually play in this way regardless of alignment. But I don't like giving scummy play a pass because meta.
Although I no longer want to lynch damian lmao.

Bozo, I don't think I've ever seen you get emotional. Are you a robot. Give me something human! Where do you live, what's your job?

Ezio, what did you expect the response to your long post would be?
I live in the USA and am an engineer.

Fluminator

#279 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:21 pm

I've heard engineers are really great people.
What's your opinion on the formation of the squiggs wagon? Do you like the company you're with on it?

damian

#280 Post by damian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:29 pm

@Bozo. Why?

@Vecna. Since Bozo didn't answer you have have his question if you could ask three players a question and they had to answer honestly. Who would you want to ask, and what would you ask?

@Rdriveria. If you could give a gun to someone this phase (and only this phase). Would you give it out? If so who would you give it to?

@Xorxes. If someone handed you a gun this phase, and you had to use it immediately or it vanished. Would you shoot? If so who?

@ND. If you could choose a question that everyone in the game had to answer, that wasn't about alignment. What would it be?

@Foxcastle. If you could know the alignment of one other player this game would do you think would be the most useful player's alignment to know?