MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#1181 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:00 pm

DAY HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD.

yavuzovic

#1182 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:06 pm

"Haven't you chosen yet?" said Yavuzquigs. He was calm now, but the fury was approaching. Someone said "We can actually kill Xorxes." but all the camp started to refuse and discuss.
"Enough!" said Yavuzquigs. "I don't think Klug will like the news."
NOBODY WAS LYNCHED.

Night 4 has started. You may now post.

xorxes

#1183 Post by xorxes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:52 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:00 pm
I was hoping we could get a consensus on xorxes today. Unless xorxes get NKed, I do not see anything changing my mind D5.
It's good to know you will consider changing your mind if I get NKed, we were all wondering about that.

xorxes

#1184 Post by xorxes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:04 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:21 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:56 pm
bozo
How could 5 people voting for me indicate bussing was involved?
5 different players voted for you at some time on D1, but one hour before EOD you had no votes. It seemed like it could be an indicator that 1 or 2 scum were voting for you at some point during the day before moving their vote.
That doesn't answer the question though. In order for bussing to be involved you had to assume that I was scum. How does 5 people voting for me indicate that I'm scum? Because unless I'm mistaken this is where your case against me started: you assumed that I was scum and then proceeded from there.

If your suspicion started somewhere else please point to where, because this is where I'm tracking it down to.

xorxes

#1185 Post by xorxes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm
xorxes wrote:
D2: Opening post:
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:34 am
xorxes has somewhat alleviated my suspicion of him for now, and brainbomb seems more town like, so my preferred lynch pool is down to Jamie, thdfrance, and worcej.

Here are my complete reads:
town lean: DrCJG, foodcoats, Nephthys
neutral: xorxes, brainbomb
scum lean: Jamie, thdfrance, worcej

My first choice is Jamie, since he has failed to address a number of my questions.

##VOTE Jamiet99uk
I think nobody else was scumreading Jamiet at the time, and his whole case was that he had failed to address his questions, which is about as unconvincing a case you can make on someone.
This is not true, my case was not based just on Jamie not answering my questions, it was based on the things I was questioning him for in the first place. The fact that he seemed to be evading my questions was the reason I voted for him over my other scum reads. I think it is pretty obvious for anyone who just reread my posts that I was already suspecting Jamie, so this conclusion from xorxes reinforces my suspicion of him.
OK, that's a fair point.

What I should have said is that you did not restate what your actual case was (which I don't remember what it was at the moment), you just stated that you were voting him for not responding to your questions. Nobody is going to be persuaded to vote for him just because he didn't answer questions, that's what I meant to say.

xorxes

#1186 Post by xorxes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:35 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Here are some examples of things I would "not expect from town xorxes":

1. Your reaction to DrCJG after he voted for you.
How do you think town xorxes would have reacted? DrCJG voted for me for not showing interest in your hypo-proposal. Can't get scummier than that.
2. Your following brainbomb onto RagingIke D1.
What would you have expected town xorxes to do?
Stay on DrCJG's vanity wagon?
Vote for worcej with DrCJG?
Vote for damo?
Something else?
3. Your town read of Jamie after D1.
OK, fair enough. You scumread him for that and I didn't, at least not strongly enough to make a point about it. I thought it was consistent with Jamiet's behavior that day which seemed like town Jamiet to me. Obviously you were right and I was wrong. I think Jamiet started moving down my list sometime around that point, but I don't remember exactly when.
4. Your END vote on Jamie immediately after worcej's claim D2.
Why do you think that's more likely from scum xorxes than from town xorxes?
4. The unexplained change of your Nephthys read from one of your strongest town reads to one of your top two scum reads N2.
Don't you think town xorxes would reevaluate his reads after knowing worcej and Jamiet's alignment?
5. The apparent change in your read of me after I started pushing DrCJG D3.
You two were my top suspects, it may be that as I became more convinced about DrCJG I became less convinced about you, but I don't see why you would think that's scummy in any way.

xorxes

#1187 Post by xorxes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 pm

thdfrance

This one was short. Zero content from D1, just the terrorist thing with Jamiet, then mostly mechanics talk, and a vote for damo that everyone thought was horribly scummy. Then he disappears during N1.

One question that has been bothering me is why did they send their Roleblocker to do the kill when there could be a Tracker following him. If thdfrance was not around and for some reason Nephthys wasn't there either, that may sort of explain why Jamiet had to do it.

brainbomb

#1188 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:56 pm

Im reading your case on Jamie and I noticed you asking why Jamie wasnt on damo and you said:
An easier explanation is that he didn't want to end voting next to Nephthys (or even worse Nephthys and thd). Why jump to my wagon and not to Ike's?
but scum!Jamie also doesnt want to end up voting on Damo if both neph and tdh are scum

xorxes

#1189 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 am

rd

I did a reread and started taking notes but everything from him seems townish or NAI. I think the post where he shares his thoughts as he reads is very towny.

Other than that, I didn't find anything very noteworthy. Just a question that could mean nothing:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:05 am
Why did they allow a free track?
They didn't. Obviously they have Nephthys doing the nightkill, so the other scum don't have any risk of being tracked.
But how did they know Nephthys would be shot? Do you think they decided who would do the kill in the last three minutes?

xorxes

#1190 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:04 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:56 pm
Im reading your case on Jamie and I noticed you asking why Jamie wasnt on damo and you said:
An easier explanation is that he didn't want to end voting next to Nephthys (or even worse Nephthys and thd). Why jump to my wagon and not to Ike's?
but scum!Jamie also doesnt want to end up voting on Damo if both neph and tdh are scum
Not sure what you're asking, sorry. Aren't we saying the same thing?

brainbomb

#1191 Post by brainbomb » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:31 am

xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:04 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:56 pm
Not sure what you're asking, sorry. Aren't we saying the same thing?
ah. yes. we are actually

bozotheclown

#1192 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:57 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:52 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I was hoping we could get a consensus on xorxes today. Unless xorxes get NKed, I do not see anything changing my mind D5.
It's good to know you will consider changing your mind if I get NKed, we were all wondering about that.
Is sarcasm scum indicative for you?

bozotheclown

#1193 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:04 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:04 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:21 pm
xorxes wrote:
bozo
How could 5 people voting for me indicate bussing was involved?
5 different players voted for you at some time on D1, but one hour before EOD you had no votes. It seemed like it could be an indicator that 1 or 2 scum were voting for you at some point during the day before moving their vote.
That doesn't answer the question though. In order for bussing to be involved you had to assume that I was scum. How does 5 people voting for me indicate that I'm scum? Because unless I'm mistaken this is where your case against me started: you assumed that I was scum and then proceeded from there.

If your suspicion started somewhere else please point to where, because this is where I'm tracking it down to.
My suspicion of you started with your reaction to DrCJG's vote, and continued with your town read of Jamie after D1. The fact that so many people voted for you then changed their vote is what made it seem like it could be bussing, as I would expect scum bussing you to be more likely to move their vote later than a town who actually suspected you as scum. I agree this a weak argument against you, so it is not surprising that you are trying to present it as more significant than it was. I do not think I referred back to this again, except when you have brought it up.

bozotheclown

#1194 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:11 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:35 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

How do you think town xorxes would have reacted? DrCJG voted for me for not showing interest in your hypo-proposal. Can't get scummier than that.

You could have considered that he was wrong instead of scum.
Vote for damo?
Something else?

Vote for someone you suspected was scum, other than follow brainbomb claiming you were trying to bargain for his vote. I think RagingIke made that point at the time.
OK, fair enough. You scumread him for that and I didn't, at least not strongly enough to make a point about it. I thought it was consistent with Jamiet's behavior that day which seemed like town Jamiet to me. Obviously you were right and I was wrong. I think Jamiet started moving down my list sometime around that point, but I don't remember exactly when.

I think scum would prefer to shut down discussion and end the day early at that point.
4. The unexplained change of your Nephthys read from one of your strongest town reads to one of your top two scum reads N2.
Don't you think town xorxes would reevaluate his reads after knowing worcej and Jamiet's alignment?

Sure, but you never explained what one had to do with the other.
You two were my top suspects, it may be that as I became more convinced about DrCJG I became less convinced about you, but I don't see why you would think that's scummy in any way.
Before I was pushing DrCJG I think you thought you needed to lynch me as one of your two mislynches, but after I started pushing DrCJG, I think you saw the opportunity to follow me on mislynching DrCJG then push for brainbomb.

bozotheclown

#1195 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am

Let me try that again.
xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:35 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

You could have considered that he was wrong instead of scum.
Vote for damo?
Something else?
Vote for someone you suspected was scum, other than follow brainbomb claiming you were trying to bargain for his vote. I think RagingIke made that point at the time.
I think scum would prefer to shut down discussion and end the day early at that point.
Sure, but you never explained what one had to do with the other.
[/quote]
Before I was pushing DrCJG I think you thought you needed to lynch me as one of your two mislynches, but after I started pushing DrCJG, I think you saw the opportunity to follow me on mislynching DrCJG then push for brainbomb.

brainbomb

#1196 Post by brainbomb » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 am

my initial case on bozo noted that he did place Jamie as a scumread pretty naturally. I cant say he really whiffed on his belief Jamie was scum. Jamie treated bozo like someone he was bullying, which is weird to do against a townie.

but I think most of the weirdness was from Jamie not bozo

bozotheclown

#1197 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:20 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 pm
thdfrance

This one was short. Zero content from D1, just the terrorist thing with Jamiet, then mostly mechanics talk, and a vote for damo that everyone thought was horribly scummy. Then he disappears during N1.

One question that has been bothering me is why did they send their Roleblocker to do the kill when there could be a Tracker following him. If thdfrance was not around and for some reason Nephthys wasn't there either, that may sort of explain why Jamiet had to do it.
The simple explanation is that Jamie NKed and RBed RagingIke in case RagingIke was the doctor protecting himself or the vig. The fact that you were RagingIke's top scum read would explain why he was the NK, and why you might be concerned about him being the vig.

xorxes

#1198 Post by xorxes » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:57 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:52 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Is sarcasm scum indicative for you?
Is that a trick question? :)

bozotheclown

#1199 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am

I hadn't thought about why RagingIke was the NK N1, but he would be the obvious choice for xorxes to want dead.

brainbomb

#1200 Post by brainbomb » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:26 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am
I hadn't thought about why RagingIke was the NK N1, but he would be the obvious choice for xorxes to want dead.
its kinda odd for scum to nk a wagon with 2 ppl on it one of which is scum. it makes the scum on there a naked voter and delegated to a coin flip.