MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#601 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:05 am
Also, with the light of Jaime - I literally think Jaime was setting up bozo to take the noose for causing a tie.

And TBH, Jaime was also pocketing me like a mofo on D1... which I think was to play more into getting me to trust Jaime and feel confidence in him being town instead of actually dissecting bozo's argument.

It's a shit feeling, which I am prone to do, but fuck Jaime strikes me as scum...
I did not consider that Jamie was trying to set me up to tie the vote, because his first, invalid, vote for xorxes came before I said I would tie the vote. However, I find it suspicious that he asked me if I would vote for xorxes over damo before he voted for xorxes, then voted for xorxes after I said I would not. I also find it suspicious he used an invalid format to vote for xorxes, and only corrected it after it was pointed out, and less than 1 minute before EOD. I did not see his corrected vote until after the deadline, or else I might have voted to force a tie. It was these things that made me consider that Jamie could have been bussing xorxes. Even if xorxes is town and Jamie therefore didn't care if xorxes got lynched, Jamie trying to get off the damo wagon at EOD looks questionable.

foodcoats

#602 Post by foodcoats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Nephthys time to weigh in my friend. I saw you lurking last night while I was working on solving. And now there are more lurkers in this thread. Come on Neph.

foodcoats

#603 Post by foodcoats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:43 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 am
well shit foods not scum in any of that. ok
##Vote Tdhfrance
Did you deliberately misvote like jamie misvoted xorxes?

foodcoats

#604 Post by foodcoats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:53 pm

I think xor and jamie are my top picks now for lynching. But, I think voting xor may be better because jamie's style is more likely to be caught in a lie later. Xorxes is so polarizing I don't know that I want them around.

worcej

#605 Post by worcej » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:33 pm
Also Worcej could you learn to spell my fucking name?

It's not difficult.

##CALL GM - Worcej is voting for someone called "Jaime", not me. Please ensure you take this into account when doing your vote counts.
Fine.

##vote Jamiet99uk

I may, or may not, have been decently intoxicated watching the PAC 12 Championship last night...

brainbomb

#606 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:20 pm

just so yall know a vote is valid regardless of if theres a typo. the gms still need to count votes. typos dont invalidate intent. if you attribute misspelling to being scummy youre making a huge mistake.

brainbomb

#607 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Non-posters
DrCJG
thdfrance

thd has missed phases before. in discord mafia he once failed to act as a vig.

brainbomb

#608 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:27 pm

DrCJG
Day-1 06:28
page 14 / orig
↑xorxes: "People I wouldn't vote for at this stage: bozo, Jamiet, foodcoats, Nephthys
People I'm not particularly inclined to vote..."
@Xorxes - Although there are reasons for town to avoid a position and try to blend in, I generally find hedging particularly on mechanics to be scum indicative. Town doesn't have as much information so it can be natural to be uncertain in reads... but when it comes to mechanics we are all on even footing.

With that in mind: Neph, thd, Worcej, and Xorxes all posted similar gibberish regarding Bozo's propositions. They did not take aggressive negative postures like Brain/Jamie nor did they attempt to discuss it like I did. Instead, they each avoided an opinion or argument regarding it by stating they didn't think it would work because we wouldn't get everyone on board.

I find this reasoning to be scummy and the fact that you choose to attack my vote on you rather than properly address his proposition with a position doesn't help your case. In answer to your question, the scum motivation to hedge on a mechanics question is the same reason scum ever hedge to remain flexible while blending in...

While I am currently willing to vote for any of Neph, thd, Worcej, and Xorxes, I was already getting scum vibes from you. You're posts have rarely seemed directed towards stirring the pot or forcing positions that can be helpful for solving the game, yet I think you are reading closely (then again maybe your reading comprehension is just higher than Jamie and Brain) and of the few questions you have asked there has been very little or no follow up.
love this post by DRCJC

this is towny in how he explores other elements of bozos lists. he looks at neph, xorx, thd, and worcej skeptically here and explains why. his reasoning on xorx is solid here and articulated in a non scummy way.

brainbomb

#609 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:28 pm

&user=DrCJG
DrCJG
Day-1 00:10
page 17 / orig
↑worcej: "Alright, back in office.

My vote on damo is to put pressure on him, as I stated, but clearly it isn't working because w..."
@ Worcej - So do you think it best we pile Damo? or is there another wagon you would like to see form?

There have been attempts at wagons on you and Xorxes, but both have fallen apart.

I can't see Ike forming
curious why he cant see ike forming here tho

brainbomb

#610 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:29 pm

##Vote xorxes

brainbomb

#611 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm

worcej looks town in his ISO also

rereading neph ISO hes probably never scum with foodcoats. would be kinda silly to draw tons of attention to a scumpartner so early.
Nephthys
Day-1 22:50
page 9 / orig Sadly, not much development so far.

Some more thoughts from what I can see

Bozo -slight townlean - comes straight in discussing claiming, did something similar in M40 (as scum). To his credit though, he does seem to be pushing it a little harder this game. Would like someone to weigh in a little on his town meta/refer me to such a game.

CJG - townlean - Was scum with me in cultafia and so I paid a reasonable amount of attention to his style of posting, seems different here.

Food - slight scumlean - awkward first posts but seems to be throwing the whole new thing around a little too much for my liking

Damo - scumlean - hasn't really contributed too much in my opinion, making a reasonable amount of posts about not much. Would like to hear some thought out opinions from him, notably very little reasoning behind most of his posts (#122).

Worcej - claimed town?

Everyone else is either null, hasn't posted enough or is called brainbomb.
Nephthys
Day-1 22:49
page 9 / orig For now, to encourage some more discussion ##vote damo
both neph and worcej have similar weak reads on damo. weak reasons to stay on damo. neph doesnt seem to give a read on worcej. he doesnt read most of the players either. his bozo read attempts to imply hes doing the same thing hes done as scum. his only actual townread on CGJC looks pockety.

damo666 (4)
foodcoats worcej Nephthys thdfrance

TOWN
Drcjcj
worcej
foodcoats
jamiet99uk
bozo

scum
xorx
tdhfrance
neph

brainbomb

#612 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:44 pm

xorxes
Day-1 22:17
page 9 / orig
↑Nephthys: "Bozo -slight townlean - comes straight in discussing claiming, did something similar in M40 (as scum). To his credit tho..."
I don't think I can say anything about bozo yet. He has only discussed mechanics but I've seen him do that as either alignment.

​"CJG - townlean - Was scum with me in cultafia and so I paid a reasonable amount of attention to his style of posting, seems different here."
Please be more specific. What is he doing differently?

​"Food - slight scumlean - awkward first posts but seems to be throwing the whole new thing around a little too much for my liking"
I think he's town, or a very good player.

​"Damo - scumlean - hasn't really contributed too much in my opinion, making a reasonable amount of posts about not much. Would like to hear some thought out opinions from him, notably very little reasoning behind most of his posts (#122)."
I have not felt any scumvibes from him. Nothing extremely towntelling either.

​"Worcej - claimed town?"
He has, and according to him he never hardclaims falsely, so he must be town
strange. very very strange.

brainbomb

#613 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:45 pm

trying to fathom why xorxes would go thru a scumbuddys reads 1 by 1 and offer up really weak opinions on them. this doesnt make any sense

brainbomb

#614 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:47 pm

xorx thinks foodcoats is very good at mafia?

I find that also hard to believe to be sincere. this looks just like xorxes is trying to distance nephy but doing it by taking the opposite stances.

brainbomb

#615 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:49 pm

finally rereading tdhfrance ISO
thdfrance
Day-1 46:41
page 2 / orig
↑Jamiet99uk: "Are you *not* a terrorist, thdfrance?"
Wait im confused? are we terrorists or not terrorists?
thdfrance
Day-1 46:33
page 2 / orig
↑Jamiet99uk: "I know that I am a terrorist. I don't know about you. How would I?

You tell me. Are you terrorist, or not?"
I've thought this through...a real terrorist would never consider themselves to BE a terrorist. And therefore even though I fight infidels I most certainly am NOT a terrorist
thdfrance
Day-1 46:20
page 2 / orig What kind of self respecting terrorist organization would label themselves as terrorists? Everyone knows we are FREEDOM FIGHTERS here to repel the invading infidels. Jamie's insistence that we are some kind of terrorizing force clearly shows that he doesn't understand our TRUE mission. We must purge him from our ranks and expose him for the infidel he truly is.

##VOTE Jamie
this seems dodgy. like Jamie did catch him and france tries to wriggle out.

if the game is simple 2 scum voted damo because xorxes was scum. if thats the case scumteams always just xorx, france, neph

Jamiet99uk

#616 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:05 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:34 am
xorxes has somewhat alleviated my suspicion of him for now, and brainbomb seems more town like, so my preferred lynch pool is down to Jamie, thdfrance, and worcej.

Here are my complete reads:
town lean: DrCJG, foodcoats, Nephthys
neutral: xorxes, brainbomb
scum lean: Jamie, thdfrance, worcej

My first choice is Jamie, since he has failed to address a number of my questions.

##VOTE Jamiet99uk
What are your unanswered questions? I will do my best to answer.
Here is the post you did not respond to:
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:52 am
The problem with today's result is that it shows Damo is just rather bad at the game, which will make him rather hard to read when he really is scum.

I would rather have lynched Xorxes but there we go.

@Brainbomb: Do you still suspect Xorxes? Would you vote for him tomorrow? Do you want us to do a BLAM?
Weren't you scum with damo is a game? It sounds like you are making an excuse for scum reading damo. If you preferred to lynch xorxes, why didn't you make a case against him? Why did you wait until EOD to move your vote back to xorxes, and why did you use an invalid format when you voted for xorxes?
Okay. I have subsequently answered all of this, I believe, mostly in response to foodcoats, so I refer you to those answers.

The one thing I see I have not answered is the very last part of your question. The answer is simply that it was a typo. On my phone keyboard, the full stop (period) is right beside the space bar, and the space bar is annoyingly narrow. I therefore hit the full stop by accident.

An important point in relation to this: I would remind everyone that, as I have often said before, the Peterbot is a useful tool, but it is not a replacement for the GM. Only the GM's vote counts and the GM's adjudications are official. My vote for Xorxes contained a small typo, but I would have expected the GM to accept it as a valid vote, to be honest. Therefore I reject any suggestion that I was deliberately attempting to cast an invalid vote.

brainbomb

#617 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:51 pm

thdfrance
Day-1 45:40
page 2 / orig
↑Jamiet99uk: "Are you calling the GM a liar, or have you just not read the opening flavour properly? It literally says the terrorists ..."
I am town! And I am not calling the GM a liar. But for real, I was confused by the opening flavor because the perspective was written as if the town would have been the SEAL's. That confused me, but I understand now.

##unvote

why does this change his mind on Jamie??? that part makes even less sense. whyd he think Jamie was even scum for that inquiry

foodcoats

#618 Post by foodcoats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm
TOWN
Drcjcj
worcej
foodcoats
jamiet99uk
bozo

scum
xorx
tdhfrance
neph
I really like your posts today brain, I am following and it sounds right. I would substitute Jamie for thd in your scum list though.

##VOTE xorxes

I think we should have a xorxes and a Jamie wagon, or a xorxes/Jamie wagon and a thd wagon. I still think that if thd was mafia thd would have said something at this point. They've visited the site in the last 24 hours though, and I certainly don't think a townie would think the best defense is silence.

But I feel better voting for xorxes than for jamie or for thd at the moment; I still think those counter-wagons would be revealing in terms of seeing who gets on what.

brainbomb

#619 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:53 pm

thdfrance
Day-1 32:04
page 6 / orig A no Lynch is a bad idea I think, granted I did consider it given the smaller format. But still I think we need some sort of info to get the game going, and just accepting a NK doesn’t give us much to work off of
tdhfrance is never doc or vig making this post. hes also thinking from perspective that there would be a successful nk as the only info source. hes also missed the phase today after lynching a PR.

foodcoats

#620 Post by foodcoats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:51 pm
An important point in relation to this: I would remind everyone that, as I have often said before, the Peterbot is a useful tool, but it is not a replacement for the GM. Only the GM's vote counts and the GM's adjudications are official. My vote for Xorxes contained a small typo, but I would have expected the GM to accept it as a valid vote, to be honest. Therefore I reject any suggestion that I was deliberately attempting to cast an invalid vote.
Thank you for pointing this out. :)