MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#281 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:25 pm

I HARD CLAIM THAT I AM ONE OF THE PLAYERS IN MINI MAFIA IV

Jamiet99uk

#282 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm

I ALSO HARD CLAIM THAT MY USERNAME IS "Jamiet99uk".

I dare anyone to CC me.

bozotheclown

#283 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:09 pm

Worcej used the phase "I hard-claim town" in the second quote there, because you were repeatedly demanding that he do so, and calling him scum for not doing it.
I am posting this response (in green) for Bozo's benefit as apparently he didn't notice me saying it the first time.+
Sorry, I did miss this the first time.

bozotheclown

#284 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:24 pm
Hello Bozo, I am not one of the baddies.

- Do you believe that I have just made a significant hard claim?
This question indicates you are missing my point about worcej, I have no reason to believe you are not willing to make fake claims.

bozotheclown

#285 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:34 pm

@foodcoats: you had an early vote on damo, do you still think he is the best lynch?

Jamiet99uk

#286 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:40 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:30 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:24 pm
Hello Bozo, I am not one of the baddies.

- Do you believe that I have just made a significant hard claim?
This question indicates you are missing my point about worcej, I have no reason to believe you are not willing to make fake claims.
My point is that saying "I am town" is not a claim.

Jamiet99uk

#287 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Things which may represent a significant claim:

- Claiming a specific PR
- Claiming to be VT
- Claiming to have an item
- Claiming to have been the target of an action such as a roleblock

Things which absolutely do not represent a significant claim:

- Saying that you are town

I hard claim that I'm going to go and make a cup of tea and then come back and see if Bozo has finally got the point.

foodcoats

#288 Post by foodcoats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58 pm
im not sure ive ever strongly townread damo but none of what youre describing sounds compelling. sorry jimmyjam
Going back over the posts, brainbomb has been all over the place and run a lot of votes, appears to be defending damo - right now the number one contender for the intercontinental peepee dancing championship - and was damo's initial railroad target, which might have been a ruse to flush out white knights and deflect attention from bomb as an apparent victim. I'm thinking they're in league.

I'm not inclined to change my vote for this phase but I'm leaning that brainbomb is a military infiltrator/totes scum.

foodcoats

#289 Post by foodcoats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:54 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:34 pm
@foodcoats: you had an early vote on damo, do you still think he is the best lynch?
Yes.

Jamiet99uk

#290 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:55 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:54 pm
damo - right now the number one contender for the intercontinental peepee dancing championship
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha I just spat out my tea, that was funny.

Jamiet99uk

#291 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:57 pm

Although if he's the number one contender, I wonder who is the current reigning champion?

Lol.

bozotheclown

#292 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:23 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:46 pm

- Claiming a specific PR
- Claiming to be VT

I hard claim that I'm going to go and make a cup of tea and then come back and see if Bozo has finally got the point.

I agree with you, but worcej has made it clear that he does not make that distinction.

DrCJG

#293 Post by DrCJG » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:23 pm

Not interested in lynching today: Jamie, Bozo, Brain, food;
Willing to lynch today: Worcej, thdfrance, Nephy, Damo, Ike, Xorxes

I don't have a strong scum read, but I would like to see two significant wagons at this point. ##VOTE Worcej

Side note: I have a call starting 1 hour before EOD... I hope it doesn't take an hour, but it will certainly take more than 30 mins.

foodcoats

#294 Post by foodcoats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:25 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:23 pm

I don't have a strong scum read, but I would like to see two significant wagons at this point. ##VOTE Worcej

Side note: I have a call starting 1 hour before EOD... I hope it doesn't take an hour, but it will certainly take more than 30 mins.
Can you summarize the case against worcej?

Jamiet99uk

#295 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:47 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:46 pm

- Claiming a specific PR
- Claiming to be VT

I agree with you, but worcej has made it clear that he does not make that distinction.
@WORCEJ: In your own words please explain to us how someone saying "I'm not scum" would be making a significant hard claim.

DrCJG

#296 Post by DrCJG » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:55 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:25 pm
DrCJG wrote:

I don't care about his "HCing," I rather see him as a scum lean because he has almost literally said nothing...
  • His first three posts aren't game related
  • His fourth post he states that D1 is always a shot in the dark
  • He has one more post where he hedges in response to Bozo's propositions...
    worcej wrote:
    Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:38 pm
    @bozo - My votes are also:
    1. No - mostly because it requires everyone to be into the idea and since we are already not unanimous, it wouldn't work.
    2. No - primarily that even a mislynch does provide info to effect N1 actions. Is it risky because we could hit a PR? Yes it is, but the odds of that are the same as hitting a scum too in this setup.
    Felt familiar to my first game with Worcej, where we were both scum:
    worcej wrote:
    Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 pm
    @Everyone - I am intrigued by the cop fake out strategy, especially since we're light on townies compared to the mafia count. The cop's information will be insanely valuable in trying to figure this out quickly.

Long story short, I am on board with the strategy but it will take all of us to execute (as others have already pointed out).
  • The rest he is defending himself for soft claiming and/or hardclaiming
I have played with him as a scum partner, I have played with him as a fellow townie, and I have played with him as opposites... regardless of the limited sample size... he feels closer to scum to me. Furthermore, I like having two strong wagons with some time left in the day.

worcej

#297 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:00 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:30 pm
Can you enlighten me and narrow it down to one sentence: What is your point about me?

Is it you believe I avoided HC'ing therefor I must be scum? Because I addressed that with this:
worcej wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:00 am
The reason I avoid it is because it’s boring to just be pressured into it every game. I am beginning to understand what WarLegend meant...

Either you believe me or you don’t, I can’t control that beyond my track record.
Because it's true - this shit is boring to me. And it also sets up every game's D1 to be a 'let's pressure worcej and discuss if we believe him'. Is that fun for you? Because a vast majority of times you're going to setup a town lynch if that's how you want to do it. And finally, one time you'll find me as a scum, and when you finally do this little tirade can finally end I guess.

The error in my noob ways to be honest and truthful, while trying to protect PRs by not HC'ing a specific role, is being completely undone by bozo, xorxes, and damo.

This is why, once again, I say this: If you don't believe my HC as VT right now, vote for me and be done with it. I have nothing to say that will persuade you otherwise and only my reveal will clear it.
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:41 pm
Seriously, Bozo, walk us through scum Worcej's thought process, if he was indeed unwilling to say if he was town or not.
Since worcej has maintained in past games that he never makes fake claims, he may have tried to avoid making a fake town claim until is was obvious he would keep getting pressured until he made the claim.
FWIW - this is WIFOM logic and you're just tunneling that I am scum and finding things that fit your case better. The fact that I soft-peddled the town claim in direct response to the initial pressure doesn't seem to move your needle either, thus go back to my 'can't say anything, just vote for me' stance.
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:25 pm
DrCJG's, if I interpret correctly, is that my response to bozo's request for opinion and my stated opinion of no because it wouldn't work includes me in a group of scummy people.

The reason I say it wouldn't work is not because it might not work, but because it wouldn't at all because Jaime and Beancomb already were a hard no.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:47 pm
@WORCEJ: In your own words please explain to us how someone saying "I'm not scum" would be making a significant hard claim.
I don't think saying 'I am not scum' is a significant hard claim and thus I rarely say anything like that - I always default to 'I am town', which isn't much stronger, and people still find it shit, so I then have to go even further and say 'I am VT' and thus expose our PRs to higher chance of getting hit.

The reason I soft peddle is entirely to protect the PRs, especially early in the game. Pushing me to HC is definitely scummy as shit, because the stance of if they want to vote for me or not is already decided in their minds, regardless of what I have to say.

worcej

#298 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:08 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:55 pm
I don't care about his "HCing," I rather see him as a scum lean because he has almost literally said nothing...
  • His first three posts aren't game related
  • His fourth post he states that D1 is always a shot in the dark
  • He has one more post where he hedges in response to Bozo's propositions...
    worcej wrote:
    Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:38 pm
    @bozo - My votes are also:
    1. No - mostly because it requires everyone to be into the idea and since we are already not unanimous, it wouldn't work.
    2. No - primarily that even a mislynch does provide info to effect N1 actions. Is it risky because we could hit a PR? Yes it is, but the odds of that are the same as hitting a scum too in this setup.
    Felt familiar to my first game with Worcej, where we were both scum:
    worcej wrote:
    Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 pm
    @Everyone - I am intrigued by the cop fake out strategy, especially since we're light on townies compared to the mafia count. The cop's information will be insanely valuable in trying to figure this out quickly.

Long story short, I am on board with the strategy but it will take all of us to execute (as others have already pointed out).
  • The rest he is defending himself for soft claiming and/or hardclaiming
I have played with him as a scum partner, I have played with him as a fellow townie, and I have played with him as opposites... regardless of the limited sample size... he feels closer to scum to me. Furthermore, I like having two strong wagons with some time left in the day.
  1. It's D1... the first 24 hours is usually irrelevant shit splurg a majority of the time. Also, they were actually all game related or responses to people's direct questions about things FWIW.
  2. That's because it pretty much is and you know this.
  3. I addressed the hedge in my above post - me voting no is being realistic because it takes everyone to want to do it, and we had some pretty hard no's already.
  4. I will say that in our scum game together, I was intentionally trying to support the hypo claims because it would tell us IMMEDIATELY who the PR was and who we could IMMEDIATELY avoid in our NK's. It was a small game and I thought if one of us died to get the potential cop, the other could try to go the distance for the win. Thus I was onboard with the hypo.

DrCJG

#299 Post by DrCJG » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:11 pm

@ Worcej - I do have sympathy for you, because this whole HCing debate is worthless. So less produce some meaningful discussion/content.

Tell me about your vote on Damo...

Do you really think if a majority said lets do hypoclaiming that a meaningful number of town would avoid participating? And even if a couple didn't participate would it be a major problem? 1) The cop/tracker/FN could choose not to participate thinking the mafia would avoid him entirely and he could reveal in due time; 2) A VT could not participate and the mafia would have to decide whether or not he is a PR trying to avoid cover... there is really endless WIFOM as long as we are talking about only a couple people...

worcej

#300 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Also, keep in mind DrCJG, it was either a cop or doctor and we found out via our failed NK that it was a doctor :P