Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#3881 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:50 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:37 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:33 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:28 am

ND's. not-lynch, but his wagon. That's the word
Yes, that is why I would call it bussing. You also accused flash of a scum slip and tried to start a wagon on bo_sox while you were driving ND wagon.
yes. i did. those moves look scummy to you? really? how are you ignoring the fact that i very much tried to save flash.

like i'd get it if you town read ND, but you don't. you're actually just being irritating.

at least I know you'll keep me alive tonight
Both of those things appeared to make a flash lynch over ND more likely. How did you try to save flash?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3882 Post by ghug » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:51 am

Guys if the box doesn't explode I get a chance to save and an item. I'm probably not going to get a chance to catch up until late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sorry flash.

Durga

#3883 Post by Durga » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:52 am

I'm not engaging with you anymore on this point. If you cannot read, then I cannot explain it. It is very clear that I asked the last townie to move over to ND. Bo refused. I wasn't going to let it potentially tie it would be pointless.

ND

#3884 Post by ND » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:28 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:23 am
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:18 am
Well I'm not scum so Durga voting Flash to 'save' me because we are scum together is impossible.

What else you got Bozo?
I am sorry, but "I'm not scum" is not that compelling an argument.
Fair, I guess

Foxcastle

#3885 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 pm

GM NOTE: 80 minutes remain in Night 7.

bozotheclown

#3886 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Not much going on today, I get the feeling the game is about to end.

worcej

#3887 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Well boys and girls, there are 7 left, to be exact 4-3. I have a sneaking suspicion that this post will be irrelevant because you won't believe me anyways, but here is some final analysis/reads in case it is 3-2 after tonight.

For the sake of conversation, I am going to make the assumption that people are not just playing like absolute shit just to be shit.

The Town Lynchs and Who (Arguably) Led Them
  1. thdfrance - The first vote came from xorxes, but ultimately Demon (known scum) put together the first actual argument about him (that he did an OJ Simpson 'if I did it, this is how I would've' thing). The next vote came from ghug, arguing he was unauthentic (even said he would vote Jaime in the same post). I was the next one on (of the group left alive) because my vote was on Ike and I consolidated to that over damo (due to I thought he was town) and Demon (who I thought got votes for no real reason). The rest of the pool of alive people were on Damo (Known Town Player - voters were ND, Durga, and Bozo) or Demon (Known Scum - voters were rdr and bo_)
  2. peterlund - The first vote for this gem came from Durga, who voted due to peter pressuring her for who is scum. Bo and ghug followed her, but they didn't vote for him until the last hour (00:43 left and 00:22 left). Bo's reasoning was due to peter being a moron and ghug was to make it interesting. The rest of the chaos to make peter the lynch over damo turned out to be entirely town, except for Demon (who went from Ike to peter). Again, on D2 we had some votes left on Damo (Known Town Player - voters were ND and Bozo), Demon (Known Scum - Rdr as voter), and xorxes (known town - I was voter)
  3. RagingIke - Funny enough, the first voter was again Durga! This time, no real explanation in the vote and not closely nearby (I am working on this rather quickly so I am not hunting hard). She also flopped to yav and Balki, then finally flash and finally Ike, so it wasn't like a consistent push in any way. Bo was the next voter, saying it was due to wanting 3 trains to form but the yav one (the leading vote, ultimately shot) was running away. The rest of us were pretty much all over - Flash being pushed by ghug (very early push too btw) to create another wagon other than yav, which eventually included rdr, ND, and myself @ EOD. Bozo again finished on Demon.
  4. damo666 - This time, finally moving off of Demon, it was bozo who brought about the first vote for Damo. It was a long analysis post, where ultimately he paints a picture of Damo (town), flash (town), and ghug (???) as the scum team. Bo was the next vote on damo due to the arguments set by bozo. Durga then moved due to she felt like 'it was a huge part of the puzzle that was missing'. It was 4-3-3 (damo/flash/durga) for wagons, so I finally moved to damo to make it 5-3-2 so that no possible shenanigans could happen. ghug, rdr, and ND finished on Flash.
  5. flash2015 - A general favorite for many days, initiated by ghug 4 minutes into the day. ND followed, mostly to prevent his own wagon imo, and then rdr because he thought getting ND would be a mistake. Bo went with him, indicating we should just trust him, and durga followed (off ND) probably to ensure the lynch was happening without fuckery. bozo and myself ended on ND.
So what does this all mean? Here are some of my thoughts:
  1. ghug and bo were involved often in the early votes for known town lynches. They were not often the leader of a lynch, definitely the case for bo, but definitely votes that mattered.
  2. Durga has been either just unlucky as shit with her reads, or trying to build cases on known towns. Balki, Ike, and Peter are the ones that come to mind. Her later game play has been more town-like to me, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was a move to try to get town cred when it matters most.
  3. Bozo did not really develop his reads most of the game, they were pretty much laser focused on Damo and Demon. D1 = Damo, D2 = Damo, D3 = Ezio (obviously), D4 = Demon, D5 = Demon, D6 = Damo (finally gets him), and D7 = ND. This strikes me as odd, but then again I don't see much from bozo because he usually dies early... I don't think he bussed Demon because his vote ultimately tied the main wagon on D4 and on D5 he went with Demon not too early and not too late...
  4. rdr has also been somewhat lacking development, but his laser was on Demon early (for 2 days), moved to Ike, and was on flash (for 2 days).
  5. Interesting fact, ND has never ended on the leading vote except for Ezio (an obvious vote) and flash. Every other day, he was on an off wagon.
So, I got 2 mins left to finish - quickly here it is:
If ghug is scum, I think bozo and rdr are possibly the partners due to being lazy.
If ghug is alive and someone else dies and the game is going, I hope you got a gun ghug, look into this and pray!

worcej

#3888 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Phew, made it!

Foxcastle

#3889 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:00 pm

=====PHASE HAS ENDED, PLEASE HOLD=====

Foxcastle

#3890 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Pseudolus, drunk in some patrician's wine cellar, pulls the cork out of champagne bottle with a loud POP. He takes a pull straight from the bottle and then tosses the bottle in a corner where it shatters on a pile of other broken bottles.

"Doomed," he says, pulling another bottle from the case and twisting the cork out with a POP.

"They've got us," he takes a glug, "we're dead, we're doomed." He stares at the label on the champagne bottle. "And these anachronisms are starting to get to me." Another bottle crashes on the pile.

"Doooomed," he moans, grabbing another bottle. He grabs the cork and yanks.

THERE IS AN EXPLOSION.

Wide-eyed, Pseudolus stars at the bottle in his hand, gushing foamy champagne, and asks, "Did anyone else hear that?"

He rushes up to the street where a crowd has gathered. He pushes through to the front and surveys the scene. He gasps at first, recognizing the victim of yet another murder in the night, but then throws his hand up in relief and shouts, "We've got a chance!"

DURGA IS DEAD. She was Calidora of Rome (Vanilla Town)

GHUG IS DEAD. He was Γροθιά, the Mafia Goon

=====DAY 8 HAS BEGUN, YOU MAY NOW POST=====

worcej

#3891 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:01 pm

lol, thanks for making this easier for me scum!

worcej

#3892 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Durga was the one I had the hardest time reading when making that list.

worcej

#3893 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Well Bo, this somewhat has me clearing you now. If you're scum, that was the best bus ever.

worcej

#3894 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Also, well done there ghug - solid scum performance I must say.

So, that narrows my pool down to rdr, bozo, and ND.

As I stated in my monologue, rdr and bozo have barely adapted their reads during the game - to me, being laser focused on the same player that is scum in their eye almost appears town like, but with how this game was going and the significant leadership ghug was clearly doing for scum, I am inclined to think avoiding attention was their best plays.

worcej

#3895 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 pm

And since everyone and their mother are gone, and the last bit are the afk'ers, I am going to start it all off like this:

I stand by my bo = town. Reasoning is simple, we have no good town leader to try to need you to go deep on scum playing. I also think ghug's expression of surprise that he issued was an attempt to possibly instill some deep-thinking bullshit to make me go for you.

That aside, let's start narrowing this down.

##vote bozo

Of the group of 3 players, the one I actually think stands out as the least scummie is rdr. Does this completely 180 my ending on the monologue? Yeah, kinda... But the case for bozo is good to me: I think the combo of votes and reads (most notably who he listed as his scum team without actually trying to go for them other than damo) make me feel like the play is somewhat fabricated, especially with minimal effort. ND strikes me as the 2nd scum, mostly for again consistently being off on every vote except for flash, when he was the 2nd wagon.

bozotheclown

#3896 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:19 pm

I don't see any reason for a scum bo_sox to pass the box to ghug, and I doubt a scum worcej would pas the box to town D1, so that leaves ND and rdrivera as the remaining scum.

##VOTE ND

bozotheclown

#3897 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 pm
And since everyone and their mother are gone, and the last bit are the afk'ers, I am going to start it all off like this:

I stand by my bo = town. Reasoning is simple, we have no good town leader to try to need you to go deep on scum playing. I also think ghug's expression of surprise that he issued was an attempt to possibly instill some deep-thinking bullshit to make me go for you.

##vote bozo

Of the group of 3 players, the one I actually think stands out as the least scummie is rdr. Does this completely 180 my ending on the monologue? Yeah, kinda... But the case for bozo is good to me: I think the combo of votes and reads (most notably who he listed as his scum team without actually trying to go for them other than damo) make me feel like the play is somewhat fabricated, especially with minimal effort. ND strikes me as the 2nd scum, mostly for again consistently being off on every vote except for flash, when he was the 2nd wagon.
I do not have time to read all of your posts right now, but I will later to see why you are voting for me.

ND

#3898 Post by ND » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:24 pm

##Vote Bozo

It's Bozo and Rd. They played a good game, but it's over. GG. I am extremely confident Bo and Worcej are town. So this is pretty open and shut.

worcej

#3899 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:22 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 pm

##vote bozo

I do not have time to read all of your posts right now, but I will later to see why you are voting for me.
We got 47:36 to discuss this sucker out - no reason to feel rushed. I look forward to rdr and bo's weigh in on this as well.

worcej

#3900 Post by worcej » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:31 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:24 pm
##Vote Bozo

It's Bozo and Rd. They played a good game, but it's over. GG. I am extremely confident Bo and Worcej are town. So this is pretty open and shut.
If only I shared this perspective...