Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#1241 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 pm
peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:42 pm
I haven't had much time to look at Durga, but her attitude seems generally townie. Also, Bad reads list < no reads list < good reads list. The game I was scum I felt pressured to put up a reads list and it was terrible and got me lynched.
Do not let you get tricked by her cosy chit-chat, appraising someone's comment denouncing someone's else's comment but still refusing to make ANY STATEMENT of her own. She is "fake" in this game. I have played her before, and she normally makes more sense than she does here.
Okay Ill go do a Durga iso so I can actually talk to you about Durga.
Okay I did the iso. It was short but entertaining. I think you are a bit wrong about Durga not putting up views. She has been giving opinions on individual players scattered throughout her posts if you go do an iso. Granted, those reads only cover about a third of the player base maybe, and a lot of them don't have a well-written case, but she is still putting out thoughts on players. She isn't impressive, but looking back at her play in other games, she hasn't been impressive there either. The thing I am looking at most with Durga is her tone she is taking when talking to others. It seems genuine to me. I wouldn't say I have a strong townread of Durga, but I think she is on the town side of null.
Okay, now I am going to go do an iso on you peter.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1242 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Not much time left. I think I'm going to try to get in ISO reads of DemonRHK and DrC in the next 15 minutes or so. Anyone else have someone else I should be ISOing?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1243 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Okay I'm still on page 58 and I know peter is a moron in every game but I'm definitely voting him ##VOTE peter

bozotheclown

#1244 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:15 pm
Let's get a better reason to scumread Ike if we're gonna do that. Voting him for that view screams lazy to me.

Bozo, I didn't realize he was on 4 and then it dissipated. I also notice Tombomb was on him now. And I also notice that you're hilariously right about his reads list. Would you join me in pushing his wagon?
I would be OK lynching peter, but I still prefer damo today.

Durga

#1245 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 pm
peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Do not let you get tricked by her cosy chit-chat, appraising someone's comment denouncing someone's else's comment but still refusing to make ANY STATEMENT of her own. She is "fake" in this game. I have played her before, and she normally makes more sense than she does here.
Okay Ill go do a Durga iso so I can actually talk to you about Durga.
Okay I did the iso. It was short but entertaining. I think you are a bit wrong about Durga not putting up views. She has been giving opinions on individual players scattered throughout her posts if you go do an iso. Granted, those reads only cover about a third of the player base maybe, and a lot of them don't have a well-written case, but she is still putting out thoughts on players. She isn't impressive, but looking back at her play in other games, she hasn't been impressive there either. The thing I am looking at most with Durga is her tone she is taking when talking to others. It seems genuine to me. I wouldn't say I have a strong townread of Durga, but I think she is on the town side of null.
Okay, now I am going to go do an iso on you peter.
Excuse me? =/ I hate you all.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1246 Post by peterlund » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:23 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 pm
Okay I'm still on page 58 and I know peter is a moron in every game but I'm definitely voting him ##VOTE peter
Ooh what happened? Did I dare to question one of the untouchables now?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1247 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 pm

Peter iso -

His terrible reads list is terrible.

Here is a hilarious sequence of posts:
peterlund wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:27 am
Yes. I am getting the same vibes from Balki. I find him very scummy. One reason is his EoD1 push for thd protecting damo. So Balki, are you coming after me now after me finding you "scummy"? :)
peterlund wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:41 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:15 am
Oh, and Balki seems town to me. He's sticking his neck out a lot.
Squigs, have you played Balki before?

My experience of Balki says that he always plays this way scum or not scum. "Fake claiming" among other things is just one of his many tools in his great toolbox...
peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:49 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:10 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:43 pm
Id like some stances from balki on where hes standing with reads on people. lotsa asling questions, no visible processibg of said information with the exception being the squigs bit.
I don't think this is a correct description of my play, but in any event:

Town reads on Bozo and Squigs. I also feel pretty good about xorxes and damo.

Leaning scum on Jamiet, ND, DemonRHK

Feeling like I could vote for thdfrance for secret mysterious reasons.

Can you recap your skepticism of me?
Balki has posted quite a lot coasting along and he seems quite unwilling to take any kind of stance.

First under "pressure" from Vecna, Balki produces the only scum read list so far 4:50 before EoD1.

Balki. Has your read list perhaps changed in any way in the light of the recent events?
He first says I shouldn't townread Balki because he is bold when he is scum. Then he scumreads Balki for coasting and not taking a stance...

His push on Durga is a bit weird when he could make that same push on so many other players. Why are you tunneling on Durga?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1248 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 pm

I agree with folks who find Peter less than completely coherent. My hesitancy there is that Peter has scumread me for odd reasons perhaps every time I have played with him, no matter his alignment. I feel very null on him here.

Durga

#1249 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Ok I have to go but I'll try to check in

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1250 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:28 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 pm
With the Damo wagon taking off... what happened to those that preferred Demon in D1?

@Yavu
@ Bo
@Xorxes
I'm glad to know you didn't actually read D1, because I voted RHK solely to make the end vote more competitive. I don't think I've read a word RHK has said so far this game until the last couple of pages.
DrCJG wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm
@ Bo - you voted Damo to "push" him... what are you thinking at this point?
You put me as your second to highest scumread and this is the best question you have for me?
worcej wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:10 pm
This feels wasted, but ##vote Xorxes - I won't vote for someone I truly believe is town.
You're right, that's wasted. There are a decent number of people up for either Ike or even Balki, but that is definitely wasted.
peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:23 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 pm
Ooh what happened? Did I dare to question one of the untouchables now?
No, you’re just awful for a host of reasons that have already been pointed out. Durga is town, though.

If you would like me to change my mind, please explain the following:

• Why do your reads suck so bad?
• Why are you OMGUSing instead of answering questions people pose to you?
• Why did you jump off of damo if your scumread on Durga is based on something damo has also failed to do?
• Do you parade around throwing out “gotchas” to everyone you meet in real life too?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1251 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 pm

This EOD is weird, we have Damo and so many different wagons with 2 votes.

If Demon isn't flying I am willing to vote on Ike. Not sure about Peter, bad play isn't always scum play and I remember him tunneling a lot as town. But I don't want to lynch Durga, still on a null to town read for me.

Foxcastle

#1252 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 pm

VOTE COUNT

damo666 (4) — Squigs44, bozotheclown, ND, yavuzovic
RagingIke297 (2) — damo666, DemonRHK
DemonRHK (2) — rdrivera2005, Balki Bartokomous
Durga (2) — peterlund, RagingIke297
peterlund (2) — Durga, bo_sox48
yavuzovic (2) — DrCJG, Ezio
flash2015 (1) — ghug
ghug (1) — flash2015
Ezio (1) — xorxes
xorxes (1) — worcej

Vecna must cast a vote.

DAMO666 looks death in the face.

30 minutes remain in Day 2!

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1253 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 pm

Honestly any of damo, demonrhk, peterlund, and ragingike have been scummy enough to warrant a wagon. I would probably prefer them in the order: damo, ike, peterlund, demonrhk.

DemonRHK hasn't voted yet, has he? Is there anyone else who hasn't voted yet today?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1254 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 pm
Honestly any of damo, demonrhk, peterlund, and ragingike have been scummy enough to warrant a wagon. I would probably prefer them in the order: damo, ike, peterlund, demonrhk.

DemonRHK hasn't voted yet, has he? Is there anyone else who hasn't voted yet today?
Oh, I missed the vote from Demon. My B.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1255 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:31 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 pm
This EOD is weird, we have Damo and so many different wagons with 2 votes.

If Demon isn't flying I am willing to vote on Ike. Not sure about Peter, bad play isn't always scum play and I remember him tunneling a lot as town. But I don't want to lynch Durga, still on a null to town read for me.
I agree with you regarding bad play v scum play, but peter is both massively annoying and completely unhelpful, so I'm finding it hard to care if I scumread him or just flat out don't want him in this game if he's going to be so bad. That said, if peter doesn't go, I'd be willing to jump for Ike, and I feel like a lot of people have said the same thing so there is a real shot there.

RagingIke297

#1256 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Damo wagon is starting to evaporate and I see my name being thrown around as possible scum. I may not have too much time the next 30 minutes, so I'll drop this, I could see a scum team of Damo, Demon, Durga, Peter and another wildcard like Balki or DrCJG. I'm not a PR, just VT

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1257 Post by peterlund » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Well now I am going to do what Durga do not have the balls for. I am going to give a list of my top scum suspects.

My top 4 scum suspect D2:
Durga - scum for refusing to name any possible scum team, only saying (not voting) that Balki looks suspicious. She wrote: "@peter can you address my post to Balki please"!!!
Balki Bartokomous - Coasting. Claim to have posted something in "the post right above yours" but there I only found a lot of rambling about how good Durga is to "sense" scum and NOT any statement by Balki himself. He is voting Durga but retracts that vote immediately when some real heat is applied to Durga. (A scum buddy bussing the other)
damo666 - "I DO NOT HAVE ANY SCUMREADS AT ALL"
ghug - "I was iffy on Durga, but she's been good the last few pages"

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1258 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 pm

I just read DemonRHK's ISO. I think he's a solid lynch.

Here are main takeaways:

(1) He said something about xorxes that is the kind of thing scum often say about townies who look towny:
And xorx is completely obvtown. He made six votes during the opening, and has been playing loose. He's not forcing his logic. Scum xorx is way more careful in his steps than I've seen this game.
That was very early in the game. I find that Town are usually a bit more hedgy and suspicious. Not always, but, this seems very consistent with scum who are trying to win some points by being overconfident in things they know to be true.

(2) He pushed a scumread on thdfrance early in Day 1 but then made excuses for voting thdfrance when that slot was about to flip

This is what he said about thdfrance early Day 1:
thd pulls an OJ Simpson 'I've never been scum, but if I was, this is what I'd do', and has tried to sell a (to me) pretty obvtown xorx as a lynch twice. I don;t like it at all.

[][]Vote thdfrance
But then when he voted thdfrance in the end, he expressed a lot of uneasiness about the vote:
[][]Vote thdfrance

Consolidation, self-pres, and he is still a lower end scumread.
Seems like he became less confident about a scumread on the towny who was about to flip for no real reason. Consistent with scum who knows that slot will flip town.

(3) Gone all day and night, after being a leading wagon on Day 1

Can't read too much into this, but his absence is consistent with scum trying to avoid the spotlight.

All in all, very few contributions, and some actions that are quite consistent with scum. I feel pretty good about lynching DemonRHK.

ND

#1259 Post by ND » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 pm

I'm behind several pages and stuck in traffic idk if I can make it but will try and holding my vote.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1260 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:38 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 pm
Well now I am going to do what Durga do not have the balls for. I am going to give a list of my top scum suspects.

My top 4 scum suspect D2:
Durga - scum for refusing to name any possible scum team, only saying (not voting) that Balki looks suspicious. She wrote: "@peter can you address my post to Balki please"!!!
Balki Bartokomous - Coasting. Claim to have posted something in "the post right above yours" but there I only found a lot of rambling about how good Durga is to "sense" scum and NOT any statement by Balki himself. He is voting Durga but retracts that vote immediately when some real heat is applied to Durga. (A scum buddy bussing the other)
damo666 - "I DO NOT HAVE ANY SCUMREADS AT ALL"
ghug - "I was iffy on Durga, but she's been good the last few pages"
So you read the last 2.5 pages, crafted reads based almost exclusively on those pages, and only focusing on how people feel about Durga? That's some solid town play right there /s