Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#1221 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:41 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:15 am
Oh, and Balki seems town to me. He's sticking his neck out a lot.
Squigs, have you played Balki before?

My experience of Balki says that he always plays this way scum or not scum. "Fake claiming" among other things is just one of his many tools in his great toolbox...
No I haven't played with Balki before. Can you point me to a specific game where he pulled off something like this?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1222 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:52 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:14 am
Just finished up a coding competition that was all day, so I don't really feel like digging through posts tonight.

Flash is being defensive.
I still think damo and DemonRHK are good votes.
ND continues to amaze me with his sage intellect (but for real, he feels town)
Xorxes looks a lot better than he did at the beginning. He mostly just seems more comfortable.

##vote damo
Squigs, what applies to Durga also applies to you.

Are you graduating from scum academy and just playing better this game? When are you going to be obv-town?
When have I ever been obvtown? I have never in a single game been NK'd. I somehow make it to every endgame of everygame since I came back to the site (except that game I was scum), and I usually am the leading wagon at some point during the day in half of the phases. This actually works to my advantage though, since my endgame solve skills are definitely my strong suit.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1223 Post by ghug » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:38 pm

I was iffy on Durga, but she's been good the last few pages.

I still really don't like this damo wagon. Ike isn't much better. Balki/Vecna/ND are my other townreads.

I could be convinced to vote RHK or Peter. Ezio seems active and usually obvscums, so I'm willing to put that off a day. Flash is the only person I really scumread with any conviction, so y'all should join me on him.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1224 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:39 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm
@ Squigs -
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:14 am
Just finished up a coding competition that was all day, so I don't really feel like digging through posts tonight.

Flash is being defensive.
I still think damo and DemonRHK are good votes.
ND continues to amaze me with his sage intellect (but for real, he feels town)
Xorxes looks a lot better than he did at the beginning. He mostly just seems more comfortable.

##vote damo
Have you had a chance to dig back through the posts? Since you still think Damo and DemonRHK are good votes, do you think the thd lynch was protecting one of them?

I'd also like to know what you think of the people on the thd wagon... none of which you mention except Balki who you give credit to for sticking his neck out.
No I haven't had a chance to dig through posts, trying to do it now. I still think damo is a good vote. DemonRHK has fallen off my radar a bit today, I need to do an iso at some point.
I also need to do some vca from d1 to see how the thd wagon grew, and what happened to the damo wagon. But I think it is likely that that wagon saved either a scum damo or scum demonRHK (or both).
People on thd wagon I can look over during the vca. I think that will be my next priority after I have gone through questions.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1225 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:42 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:23 pm
The recent look into peterlund has piqued my interest, his reads list does seem awful. @Peter - in that list you said I was hard to read off of meta or something like that, but we have only played one game together. Your reads of other people were equally vague or garbage.
Yes they are vague. It was D1, remember?

But how come you do question me for doing a "bad read list" and not Durga for not doing any read list at all?
I haven't had much time to look at Durga, but her attitude seems generally townie. Also, Bad reads list < no reads list < good reads list. The game I was scum I felt pressured to put up a reads list and it was terrible and got me lynched.

DrCJG

#1226 Post by DrCJG » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm

A rough breakdown of how I am feeling...

TOWN
  • DrCJG
  • Balki
  • Squigs
  • Damo
  • Ezio/Spotz
  • Flash/Jamiet
  • Rdrivera
  • Vecna
  • Bozo
  • ND
  • Xorxes
  • Ghug
  • Demon
  • Worcej
  • Durga
  • Ike
  • Peter
  • Bo
  • Yav
SCUM

Although I agree that seeing Damo's flip would significantly aid understanding D1, I just don't think Damo is scum this game. If getting information about D1 is your goal I would rather see Ike/Peter lynched or to a lesser extent Demon.

@ Bo - you voted Damo to "push" him... what are you thinking at this point?

@ Yav - I still don't understand what has changed your mind about Demon... you claim to have always been scumreading Damo because - Damo gave trash reads D1 and nit picked your use of "we" ... but you still voted Demon D1 and I haven't seen what has changed.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1227 Post by peterlund » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:42 pm
I haven't had much time to look at Durga, but her attitude seems generally townie. Also, Bad reads list < no reads list < good reads list. The game I was scum I felt pressured to put up a reads list and it was terrible and got me lynched.
Do not let you get tricked by her cosy chit-chat, appraising someone's comment denouncing someone's else's comment but still refusing to make ANY STATEMENT of her own. She is "fake" in this game. I have played her before, and she normally makes more sense than she does here.

Foxcastle

#1228 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 pm

VOTE COUNT

damo666 (5) — Squigs44, bozotheclown, ND, yavuzovic, bo_sox48
Durga (2) — peterlund, RagingIke297
yavuzovic (2) — DrCJG, Ezio
RagingIke297 (2) — damo666, DemonRHK
DemonRHK (2) — rdrivera2005, Balki Bartokomous
flash2015 (1) — ghug
ghug (1) — flash2015
Ezio (1) — xorxes
peterlund (1) — Durga
xorxes (1) — worcej

Vecna must cast a vote.

DAMO666 is slated to be lynched.

1 hour remains in Day 2!

Durga

#1229 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Do not let you get tricked by her cosy chit-chat, appraising someone's comment denouncing someone's else's comment but still refusing to make ANY STATEMENT of her own. She is "fake" in this game. I have played her before, and she normally makes more sense than she does here.
Stop ignoring me and simultaneously demonizing me!!!

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1230 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:03 pm

Regarding people that voted thd d1:

Ghug : First vote, gives reasoning to switch off of damo, and calls people to get off of Ike. Does not look like a scum-motivated vote.
Vecna : Openly admits to sheeping ghug. Combine this to the rest of Vecna's play, and I think it is a town vote.
Tom: We know he is town.

At this point it is 4-4-3-3

RagingIke: Votes thd based off of not answering his questions. Seems like a pressure vote, but it holds to the end of the day. This also ties the vote with damo.
Balki: This vote comes after an iso read and gives reasoning that seems valid. He also actively defends damo, so this is in line with saving damo. Balki's alignment for me hinges on damo's alignment and whether scum Balki would be so bold.

It is now 7-5 with damo ahead of thd
Bo switches from damo to demon, and holds it there, making it 6-5-5.

Worcej: Votes thd mostly in an attempt to consolidate and protect damo. Ties it.
Flash : Votes thd because "he has to make a choice" putting it 7-6

Then thd votes damo tying it at 7-7

DrCJG: Votes thd because "rather him than damo" making it 8-7
DemonRHK : Votes for consolidation, self preservation, and is a "lower" scum read. Demon only had 4 votes on him, so the self preservation piece seems a bit off.
Finally damo votes thd for self preservation.

I think if damo is scum then people that are potentially his scummates are:
RagingIke
Balki
Worcej
Flash
DrCJG
DemonRHK

All of the latter 5 basically voted off the reasoning that thd was better than damo, yet none of them really pushed the case that thd was better than damo except Balki.
RagingIke during D1 said he would potentially vote for damo, but kind of disappeared after his pressure vote on thd becomes part of a large counterwagon to damo. This looks sus.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1231 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Okay Ill go do a Durga iso so I can actually talk to you about Durga.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1232 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Gonna read up and see where I stand on this damo thing but before I do the other people I would consider voting today are peterlund, Ike, Balki, and worcej in no particular order.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1233 Post by peterlund » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm
Scum should be demonized, is that not correct?

Durga

#1234 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:07 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm
Scum should be demonized, is that not correct?
Jesus you have no reason to even think I'm scum other than the fact that I would not compose a reads list for you. You actively ignored the reads I gave Balki in which I listed who I thought was likely to be scum. You're wild.

DrCJG

#1235 Post by DrCJG » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:30 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 am
If you think he is goon then vote for him, but defend that case that he is goon. I wasn't criticizing your vote, I was criticizing your point about the "already being modkilled" stance you took. I personally don't think that Jamie's reaction to everything is more town indicative than scum indicative, but if you disagree than persuade me otherwise.
I really feel like Squigs protected Jamie's spot (Flash)
##vote Squigs
If you look carefully at the posts you quoted me for, you will see that I was criticizing people for voting for a modkill spot, since it was like a no-lynch. After establishing that fact, I said I townread Jamie, but if others scumread him, then a vote on him would be logically valid. That is my stance on anyone I townread.

So yes, I was protecting Jamie's spot the same way I would protect Vecna's spot if a vote started on him, because I townread Vecna as well. If you want to vote me for townreading people, go for it. It just seems strange that you would vote me over Jamie (Flash), since it seems that your scumread on me is based entirely off the fact that Jamie is scum.
@ Yav - It seems like you are really forcing a vote against Squigs here... especially since at the time you felt like Squigs was making a good point and dropped your Jamie push for Demon and the time...
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:21 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:27 pm
The whole "this is what scum would do in this situation" thing is very common on Webdip. Lots of people use this thinking, and almost everyone that uses it gets called out for it, but it really isn't correlated with being scum. Demon is grasping at reasons to vote anyone.

Also about Demon's comment on thd pushing a Xorxes obvtown:
Xorxes has not been obvtown this game. thd gives reasoning behind his votes, and freely admits that they are based more off of his feelings of Xorxes' interactions with others.

Both of Demon's votes look forced to me, and he has posted very little else in content.

##Vote DemonRHK
I agree, I will follow this because that's exactly what RHK has done so far. ##vote DemonRhK
Because after reading Squigs' post about why we shouldn't vote for Jamie I want to vote someone else and it's probably RHK. It will be awesome if we catch a scum D1!
I saw the same thing Squigs saw there and if I am misunderstanding or misremembering how this went down someone please tell me cause its the second biggest factor in why i am voting Yav (first being I dont understand his moving on from Demon)

Durga

#1236 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Speaking of Balki - he retracted his vote on me fairly quickly and then threw a nonsense vote on RHK and then disappeared.

Aghhhh, so annoyed I won't be here for EoD

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1237 Post by peterlund » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:22 pm
I have to tutor from 4:30 - 5:30 so I'm going to miss EOD
Were you not busy now. How come did this suddenly change so rapidly?

Durga

#1238 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 pm

peterlund wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:10 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:22 pm
I have to tutor from 4:30 - 5:30 so I'm going to miss EOD
Were you not busy now. How come did this suddenly change so rapidly?
No. I don't have a meeting right now
????

Durga

#1239 Post by Durga » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:12 pm

@peter can you address my post to Balki please

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1240 Post by peterlund » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:12 pm
@peter can you address my post to Balki please
Does this mean that you are eachothers buddies?