Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#961 Post by peterlund » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 am

NKing Tom was "unexpected" to say the least. Tom was lame far below my own expectations of him. I cannot see that there was any reason to fear kill him in this game. So this leads to the question: What kind of scum team do we have here? A bunch of novices perhaps?

Szpoti!! I noticed that you ended up on no-lynch D1. That does not hold. Start voting now and give me a list of your top 5 scum reads. Until then ##Vote Szpoti.

yavuzovic

#962 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 am

ND wrote:5. Flash enters the game during EOD and replaces Jamie. My spat with Jamie at the beginning of the game was not for fun. I was feeling him out. Scum Jamie is usually easy to spot. I think we were dealing with Scum Jamie, but I’m not 100% sold just yet. I thought we were and I thought the faux outrage was just that. When he came back it kind of confirmed my suspicions. Basically he picked a fight with the GMs, overly looked at mechanics, tunnelled me. These are all things I would expect Scum Jamie to do. He was doing things to make himself look active but not really engaging in the game in a significant way. He was playing over the top. It didn’t feel organic. When Flash comes in he just so happens to vote Thd which becomes the biggest wagon for.. Reasons. Just so happens to vote the inorganic wagon with no case to compete against DemonRHK and Damo. For reasons unexplained to us all. Righht.
When I read that post from ND, I questioned how our Jamie wagon melted. At it's peak, that wagon had 4 players on it: Balki, Damo, Durga and lastly me. But we were convinced that voting Jamie's spot was useless. Who did this?
This is incorrect thinking. As town, we need as much info as possible. Voting for someone already getting modkilled is the equivalent of voting no-lynch. It has the exact same outcome.

I agree we hardly want to lose 2 town, but if Jamie is town and gets modkilled there is nothing we can do to save that slot. A vote on Jamie in that case means we guarantee that we don't hit scum D1, we gain little to no info, scum gets a NK, and we start D2 down 2 town.

Any argument against a No-Lynch can be applied to voting for a modkilled person.
Now we have flash instead of Jamie's spot and he knows what Jamie was. As ND also said, Jmaie was very scummy so is Flash. @Flash, is Squigs your teammate?
If you think he is goon then vote for him, but defend that case that he is goon. I wasn't criticizing your vote, I was criticizing your point about the "already being modkilled" stance you took. I personally don't think that Jamie's reaction to everything is more town indicative than scum indicative, but if you disagree than persuade me otherwise.
I really feel like Squigs protected Jamie's spot (Flash)
##vote Squigs

yavuzovic

#963 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:13 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:15 pm
So Tom basically voted for peterlund and didn't do much else.
Are you sure scum killed Tom for this, I feel like this is diversion.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#964 Post by peterlund » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:27 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:06 pm
Balkins tries to pick up on strange language things that don't really mean anything one way or another (I'm thinking back to when he did this with ND - who is now so OBVIOUSLY town it hurts) and make cases out of them. Probably because he can't find actual things to scumread people for. And if you scum read Balki, he'll probably find a way to make you his scum read - very OMGUS
Yes. I am getting the same vibes from Balki. I find him very scummy. One reason is his EoD1 push for thd protecting damo. So Balki, are you coming after me now after me finding you "scummy"? :)

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#965 Post by peterlund » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:41 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:15 am
Oh, and Balki seems town to me. He's sticking his neck out a lot.
Squigs, have you played Balki before?

My experience of Balki says that he always plays this way scum or not scum. "Fake claiming" among other things is just one of his many tools in his great toolbox...

xorxes

#966 Post by xorxes » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:25 am

peterlund wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 am

Szpoti!! I noticed that you ended up on no-lynch D1. That does not hold. Start voting now and give me a list of your top 5 scum reads. Until then ##Vote Szpoti.
I second this.

##VOTE Szpoti

Szpoti
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#967 Post by Szpoti » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:14 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 am

Fair enough, working on that, and I certainly won't vote no-lynch today. However, I sense you're trying to make a case out of me (precisely speaking, out of the fact that I voted no-lynch D1) in the situation where I gave a clear, and to my eye, convincing explanation why I had chosen such an option.
I understand that the creation of the wagon, on which Xerxes hopped, is meant as a friendly bump rather than a genuinely hostile motion.

Szpoti
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#968 Post by Szpoti » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Szpoti wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:14 pm

... on which Xerxes hopped
oops, xorxes of course, but I bet many will start seeing a hidden meaning in my typo.

yavuzovic

#969 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Szpoti is definitely town. Xoxes looks scummier here.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#970 Post by peterlund » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:02 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:56 pm
Szpoti is definitely town. Xoxes looks scummier here.
Yavu. Please tell me how you conclude this after 1 full day of non-participation from szpoti?

xorxes

#971 Post by xorxes » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Szpoti wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm
Szpoti wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:14 pm

... on which Xerxes hopped
oops, xorxes of course, but I bet many will start seeing a hidden meaning in my typo.
The typo was clearly a scumslip.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that since you're new, but I need concrete reads about concrete players. So far every time someone has asked you something you have responded with evasives and jocularity. You are obviously a smart person, so you must have some opinion about someone at this stage.

damo666

#972 Post by damo666 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Fwiw here are my updated reads, three groups: Town Town/? ?
No scumreads as such yet.
No ordrering within groups.

TOWN
Balki
Bozo
Bo
DemonRHK
ghug
worcej
Xorxes

Town/?

Durga
Flash
ND
Peter
RagingIke
rdrivera
Yav

?

DrCJG
Squigs
Szpoti
Vecna

Clearly at least 1 of the Town/? is scum (assuming my Town are town).

Looking at the end voters on thdfrance we know Tom was town, I'm pretty hot on Balki, ghug, worcej as town and Demon probably so which leaves Vecna, RagingIke, Flash & DrCJG probably containing at least 2 scum.

Assuming the thdfrance push was to protect another wagon this leaves DemonRHK & RagingIke as containing at least 1 scum. As I townlrean more on Demon

##Vote RagingIke

I would also be happy to vote Flash, Vecna or DrCJG if Ike does not become a viable wagon.

DrCJG

#973 Post by DrCJG » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:27 pm

No roleblock claim?

I understand Tom is from a "pool of excellent mafia player," but I expected to see a NK of one of the more active from the pool... I suppose that can get into WIFOM when you consider the doctor... but I am still a little surprised if its a NK/RB combo on Tom.

damo666

#974 Post by damo666 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Or Szpoti or Squigs to a lesser extent.

damo666

#975 Post by damo666 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Admittedly a bit self centred but possibly the NK was at least in part because TB was defending me and I am seen as a likely mislynch.

I know Balki was defending me more strongly but he is being scumread quite a bit so of less value as a NK.

DrCJG

#976 Post by DrCJG » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:33 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Looking at the end voters on thdfrance we know Tom was town, I'm pretty hot on Balki, ghug, worcej as town and Demon probably so which leaves Vecna, RagingIke, Flash & DrCJG probably containing at least 2 scum.

Assuming the thdfrance push was to protect another wagon this leaves DemonRHK & RagingIke as containing at least 1 scum. As I townlrean more on Demon

##Vote RagingIke

I would also be happy to vote Flash, Vecna or DrCJG if Ike does not become a viable wagon.
While I do find Ike scummy... I didn't get the impression that scum was moving on a thd wagon to save him.

I understand that you are clearing yourself... but Ike never had more than 3 votes and that was at an hour out. At that point things began consolidating between Damo, thd, and Demon. I think it is entirely possible all three were town and that scum split between them... but if you think they were saving a scum wagon it seems more likely to be between Damo and Demon.

damo666

#977 Post by damo666 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Fair point. Possible all leading wagons were town hence the confusion.

In which case there are probably scum on me and Demon.

Am moving DrCJG from ? to Town/?

damo666

#978 Post by damo666 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Mind you I have just realised I've actually said nothing because apart from Spotzi everyone was on either me, Demon or thdfrance!

damo666

#979 Post by damo666 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Correction Szpoti - apologies

Durga

#980 Post by Durga » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:21 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Fwiw here are my updated reads, three groups: Town Town/? ?
No scumreads as such yet.
No ordrering within groups.

TOWN
Balki
Bozo
Bo
DemonRHK
ghug
worcej
Xorxes

Town/?

Durga
Flash
ND
Peter
RagingIke
rdrivera
Yav

?

DrCJG
Squigs
Szpoti
Vecna

Clearly at least 1 of the Town/? is scum (assuming my Town are town).

##Vote RagingIke

No scum reads despite being a really big wagon yesterday? Didn't that experience illuminate anything for you?