Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
RagingIke297

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#641 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:38 pm

thdfrance wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:35 pm
Peterlund (3)
damo666 (3)
DemonRHK (3)
RagingIke (3)

Of these four I think damo and Ike could possibly be scum. Null read on peter and slight town on Demon. Going to leave my vote on Ike right now...but I think we learn stuff from lynching ike or damo
What's your case on me and what stuff do you learn from lynching me?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#642 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:40 pm

##vote damo for pushing a vote that is blatantly anti-town that doubles as a way for damo to not have to commit to a single scumread day 1

ND

#643 Post by ND » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:43 pm

@Squigs

"@ND - When you say both are viable wagons, do you mean damo and peter? If so do you think there is some bussing going on, or do you just think one of the two is scum."

Good question. That point was in reference to the Peter and Jamie wagon. I don't like the Jamie wagon and I don't really like the Peter wagon either. But, I was just commenting on the fact that a lot of people were voting on those two wagons thus making them viable for EOD1 when personally I think there is a better wagon which is also viable (Damo).

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#644 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:43 pm

@Tom - Im trying to find a reason for your vote on peter. Is there one? It seems like you have mostly coasted so far D1.

damo666

#645 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:44 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:34 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:25 pm
Squigs - 'may well be' is hardly 'already being' but I don't want to pursue that point.

I think Jamie's action is indicative of being non-PR but no idea if goon or VT.

Given I don't have any strong -ve reads and don't particularly like any of the alternative wagons I think it's reasonable to vote Jamie as it least it avoids a mislynch of a town PR and may bag a goon.

AND given there are less than 3 hours left there is definitely a non zero chance of him being modkilled.

So, no, I can't persuade you he is goon but I hope you agree he is probably non-PR. In the circs I think (for the time being anyway) it is a reasonable vote.
If you choose a random person to vote for you have a 5/21 = 23.8% chance of hitting scum. If you choose a random person out of goons and vts you have a 2/15 = 13.3% chance of hitting scum.

I hate using odds because nothing a player does in this game is random, but it seems like you are voting Jamie because of odds which are definitely not in your favor.
Actually 5/20 v 2/15 so fair point.

##Unvote

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#646 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:47 pm

I find it bizarre that the GM voided votes on the Jamiet slot, and I am trying not to read anything into that, but it's hard. The Jamiet slot is in the game. The Jamiet slot has posted stuff that may be alignment indicative. There should be nothing wrong with voting for the Jamiet slot.

That action makes me feel like the Jamiet slot is generally inconsequential. Maybe I should not draw that conclusion, but I can't help it.

Anyway:

##vote DmonRHK

It was the Yavu thing. I felt like DemonRHK was just grabbing a thing to park a vote. He did not even post the Yavu quote. He did not say anything about it, or engage with the Yavu quote at all to explain why a scum motivation was more likely than a town motivation. He made no effort to persuade. It felt like opportunistic vote parking.

And I realize that is not a rationale that applies uniquely to DemonRHK. But this is the instance that stands out to me most, especially after his less than satisfactory response to my question on page 14:
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:39 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:21 pm
Ah, I see it. On page 9.

@DemonRHK, Can you provide some analysis on the "scumslip" that is drawing your vote? Describe what you think happened please and explain why it is more likely than the explanation Yavu gave.
Talking about town as a we is fine. But this is specifically after referencing scum as 'scum is OP'. The statement turns into "Consensus says scum is strong, Balki says scum aren't strong. We try to make scum look weak"

It's worded as such that it seems Yavu is strong trying to make himself weak, as if scum, and maybe linking himself to Balki (As in he knows he and Balki are teammates, the collective we including him even?)
Ah, after I said all that I feel some second thoughts.

##vote ND instead

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#647 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:48 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:43 pm
@Squigs

"@ND - When you say both are viable wagons, do you mean damo and peter? If so do you think there is some bussing going on, or do you just think one of the two is scum."

Good question. That point was in reference to the Peter and Jamie wagon. I don't like the Jamie wagon and I don't really like the Peter wagon either. But, I was just commenting on the fact that a lot of people were voting on those two wagons thus making them viable for EOD1 when personally I think there is a better wagon which is also viable (Damo).
Oh you meant viable as in possibly the lead wagon at Eod, not viable as in good reasoning to vote on that wagon. Thanks for clarifying, makes more sense now.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#648 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:49 pm

No, ##vote DemonRHK

ND has some sincere-looking content. I'm not finding much to like in DemonRHK's posts. But, I'm conflicted and could use a persuasive soul to step up and tell me who is likely to be scum.

damo666

#649 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:40 pm
##vote damo for pushing a vote that is blatantly anti-town that doubles as a way for damo to not have to commit to a single scumread day 1
1. I would just like to point out I unvoted J before I read this.

2. If I were scum would I really keep banging on about having no scumreads?

I am sure I am not the only townsperson struggling to find a strong -ve.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#650 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Damo has apologetically unvoted twice now after pressure has mounted on him.

His vote on Yav:
damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:03 pm
I townread the following (in no particular order):

Xorxes
thdfrance
worcej
Balki
R ike
rdrivera
Vecna
Szpoti
Bozo
Demon
Jamie

I am Null on

Durga
ND
ghug
peter
squigs
TB

Bo yet to post.

Yav may have scumslipped so ##vote Yav
Here is one of the three votes that ensued on him:
ND wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:50 pm
I think damo might be scum. When I was scum last game I legit fear killed him because he was on fire with his play. His reads this game are indicative of low effort and bs. His vote on yav is a pile on it vote. His play is scum play. ##vote damo
Then this unvote:
damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:50 pm
I take the point about Yav and English not being first language so give him the benefit of the doubt that the 'scumslip' wasn't [a scumslip].

##Unvote
Then in response to ghug he posts this:
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:32 am
ghug - your apparent reason for voting me is my vote on Yav. But I later unvoted!!!
The fact that damo thinks his previous actions are excusable if he simply undoes them is scummy.

Now his very detailed post where he votes Jamie:
damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:32 pm
##vote Jamie
He presents no reasoning at all at that time. He then switches his vote to peter when he thinks Jamie is gone for good. Once told Jamie is going to be subbed, he posts this:
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:10 pm
##VOTE Jamie

I don't think he would have run away so easily if he were a town PR (or scum PR for that matter). So I suspect he is either VT or goon.

Even if he is VT it is better than a mislynch of a town PR and he may well be modkilled anyway. We hardly want to lose 2 town.

Also I don't really like the wagons on Peter or DemonRHK.
You just voted for peter. Now you don't like the wagon on Peter. WTF?

He gets a lot of flak, and then posts this:
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:44 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:34 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:25 pm
Squigs - 'may well be' is hardly 'already being' but I don't want to pursue that point.

I think Jamie's action is indicative of being non-PR but no idea if goon or VT.

Given I don't have any strong -ve reads and don't particularly like any of the alternative wagons I think it's reasonable to vote Jamie as it least it avoids a mislynch of a town PR and may bag a goon.

AND given there are less than 3 hours left there is definitely a non zero chance of him being modkilled.

So, no, I can't persuade you he is goon but I hope you agree he is probably non-PR. In the circs I think (for the time being anyway) it is a reasonable vote.
If you choose a random person to vote for you have a 5/21 = 23.8% chance of hitting scum. If you choose a random person out of goons and vts you have a 2/15 = 13.3% chance of hitting scum.

I hate using odds because nothing a player does in this game is random, but it seems like you are voting Jamie because of odds which are definitely not in your favor.
Actually 5/20 v 2/15 so fair point.

##Unvote

Damo has been flopping onto easy votes, then apologizing when he gets flak for it and unvoting. He has said he doesn't like wagons he previously voted on. He somehow thinks unvoting fixes anything scummy he may have done with that vote? C'mon damo, you should just go back to parroting "later gators" all of d1

ND

#651 Post by ND » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Squigs just summed it up nicely.

damo666

#652 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Squigs you are being a tad selective.

I explained my Peter vote as being self defensive so it is not contradictory to say I don't like the Peter wagon despite having voted for him.

I want to preserve myself as I believe I will be more valuable to town alive than dead.

And wrt Jamie the vote was 3 minutes after his quit message following his rant and was clearly a response to that.

Squigs you are either clutching at straws or scum. I'm beginning to wonder which.

Foxcastle

#653 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:20 pm

##GM NOTE:
Flash2015 is replacing Jamiet99uk

Thank you for stepping in, Flash!

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#654 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:21 pm

I read Yavu as scum on a tonal scumslip. The inclusive we, coupled with he’s now omgus’d me twice is suspicious as shit. But everyone wants to give him a pass on it. The guy that just pulled this same shit AS SCUM in M39. He has also made zero cases. He’s voted Jamie for the meta bullshit with the GMs and me for voting him.

Then I read thd as scum for saying “Ya rly like I’ve never been scum, but if I was, this is totally how’d they play in my opinion but I’m 100% town not scum never nub-uh”

Szpot still on no lynch? Really?

##Unvote for a short bit so I can get as cohearant a post a possible on mobile.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#655 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:43 pm
@Tom - Im trying to find a reason for your vote on peter. Is there one? It seems like you have mostly coasted so far D1.
I never gave a reason. Don’t really have a good one. He’s pretty null for me though, so I don’t think it’s a poor spot to be.hes not active and not a townread. I don’t have any scumreads yet. Not sure why people sheeped me besides me shouting that they should though, so that’s a bit weird

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#656 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:17 pm

I explained my Peter vote as being self defensive so it is not contradictory to say I don't like the Peter wagon despite having voted for him.

I want to preserve myself as I believe I will be more valuable to town alive than dead.

And wrt Jamie the vote was 3 minutes after his quit message following his rant and was clearly a response to that.

Squigs you are either clutching at straws or scum. I'm beginning to wonder which.
You voted in self defence several hours before the deadline?

Durga

#657 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 pm

I haven't read the whole thread and won't have the time to do so today. Today is very busy for me as it is call day

##vote bo

I'll just leave this here until I can check in again.

damo666

#658 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Flash, I know you've been reading. Any thoughts?

damo666

#659 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:17 pm

You voted in self defence several hours before the deadline?
Yep

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#660 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:31 pm

@Yavu:

You said DrC and Worc were scummy? What is your reasoning on them now?

You were scumreading xorx for voting rapidly, which you even stated was a towny thing. Is this still the case?

Is your entire reason for voting me because I voted you?