Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XL - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

#3301 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:45 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:31 am
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 am

If you actually cared enough to read carefully, you'd see that I said just a few hours ago that the team is you, followed by two of ND, bozo, worcej, in that order of likelihood. You'd additionally have noticed days of actively questioning people, explaining my thoughts, and discussing others'. You also responded directly to my post where I gave several more reasons go vote for you, and the one where I explained the differences between our votes, so I'm assuming you're aware of those on some level.
OK, getting you out of your little tunnel for a while, why those three then? Your last actual detailed post was N5...which was lots of words but very little information
Flash I've harped on at length, he's refused to give reads all game, he's deflected aggressively when questioned, he's got a bad voting record, he's consistently avoided lynches, and he's recently moved to taunting us with complaints that we haven't lynched him.
Let me respond to this BS first because you keep on having to hit this again and again and again. I told you often that I wasn't really into this game, I can't be a*** detailing my decisions again and again when it didn't gain anything (they weren't that deep)...especially with someone tunneling me from the start. You complain about my voting record but my voting record is better than yours (in your comments, somehow me believing DrCJG quickly made me even more scummy - WTF?). Largely because you were so insistent on tunneling me I didn't care for the last few days whether I was lynched...and there is absolutely no scum reason for me to do such a thing (e.g. no, I was not protecting damo). If you really are town you are setting up town to lose. Your arguments are ludicrous...and I believe you are smarter that that. I am really having a hard time believing that you are town here.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3302 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:46 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:32 pm
If there are no more items in the Box to draw at the start of the Night Phase, it explodes at the end of the Night Phase and kills the player holding it. A visit by the Doctor or the application of a First Aid Kit will save the player from being killed by the Box.
Friendly reminder, doc. You have a choice that we're not going to make for you.

I am going to put in my order for the box and probably not be here much tomorrow. My reads don't matter. Hopefully the person I'm passing it to dies instead of me.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3303 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:52 am

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:45 am
ghug wrote:
flash2015 wrote:

OK, getting you out of your little tunnel for a while, why those three then? Your last actual detailed post was N5...which was lots of words but very little information
Flash I've harped on at length, he's refused to give reads all game, he's deflected aggressively when questioned, he's got a bad voting record, he's consistently avoided lynches, and he's recently moved to taunting us with complaints that we haven't lynched him.
Let me respond to this BS first because you keep on having to hit this again and again and again. I told you often that I wasn't really into this game, I can't be a*** detailing my decisions again and again when it didn't gain anything (they weren't that deep)...especially with someone tunneling me from the start. You complain about my voting record but my voting record is better than yours (in your comments, somehow me believing DrCJG quickly made me even more scummy - WTF?). Largely because you were so insistent on tunneling me I didn't care for the last few days whether I was lynched...and there is absolutely no scum reason for me to do such a thing (e.g. no, I was not protecting damo). If you really are town you are setting up town to lose. Your arguments are ludicrous...and I believe you are smarter that that. I am really having a hard time believing that you are town here.
So that's a no on giving your own set of reads, I guess.

I get you subbed into this game, but you're clearly here enough and reading actively. Not sharing opinions is scummy. That's an objective truth.

The scum reason for doing such a thing is that you can say "there's no scum reason for doing such a thing". There's no town reason either.

Believing DrCJG so quickly was questionable. His claim was shit. Scum knew he'd die eventually. That's an easy bus for cred, and it's a common pattern that scum disbelieve teammates' fakeclaims harder than town do. The rest of your voting record is worse than mine, and you couldn't even give food reasons for your votes.

bozotheclown

#3304 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:57 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:35 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:33 pm
Apparently I'm in meetings from 1 to 2:30. Let's put flash in the lead before I go.
  • Flash has avoided a bajillion lynches. This is the weakest point, and it does apply to the guy I'm defending,but in a vacuum, you're more likely to do that as scum than town.
  • flash has not at one point in this game shown evidence he's interested in catching scum. He has shown he cares about discussions of mechanics.
  • flash cast an explanationless vote D1 for thd that was key in saving RHK. It also helped save damo, as did his D2 vote for Peter, if you're into the scumdamo idea.
  • Jamie's emotionality D1 was more directed at the GMs than towards players he wanted to lynch, which is a scumjamie thing to do.
  • He's pulling out all the "lynch me I don't care" stops.
If you scumread damo, you should scumread flash for the same reasons and more. If you townread damo, you can save him by lynching the clearly scummy flash. If you don't care about damo, flash is fucking scummy all on his own and you should vote for him.
  • Same goes for damo.
  • Same goes for damo.
  • Damo gets a pass because he had to try and not die for the first two days, which makes his votes unreadable.
  • Jamie was probably scum, but I maintain that his outburst had nothing to do with his alignment. It's more likely that he got upset over burning his morning toast than over his alignment, in my opinion.
  • Same goes for damo.
They're both going down in short order. I'm staying on damo today because I think it's very possible he's the driver.
Bull fucking shit. Damo was not pulling "lynch me I don't care". Damo hadn't actively avoided giving reads all fucking game. Damo was so brazenly independent and honest in his thoughts that none of you should have thought for a second he was town.

Scum is flash and two of bozo, ND, worcej in that order. It would have been really nice if we had one more mislynch, but we've wasted it on the most obvious townie, and since one of you morons is the doctor, I highly doubt we're getting it back
Are you claiming VT to reduce the doctor pool for scum, or is this written from a scum perspective?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3305 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:00 am

ghug wrote:
flash2015 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 am

If you actually cared enough to read carefully, you'd see that I said just a few hours ago that the team is you, followed by two of ND, bozo, worcej, in that order of likelihood. You'd additionally have noticed days of actively questioning people, explaining my thoughts, and discussing others'. You also responded directly to my post where I gave several more reasons go vote for you, and the one where I explained the differences between our votes, so I'm assuming you're aware of those on some level.
If you want to have a discussion in good faith, stop with the pot shots. They're woefully inaccurate and they just make you look foolish. You should also respond to my questions when I ask you instead of deflecting like you've done all game.

Now:
Squigs is town.
I townread Durga, she's emotional, self-interested, and comfortable in her posting.
I townread bo. His voting record is solid, he's also emotional in a way I'd expect from town bo.
I townread rd. His lurk seems to be the result of recent Brazilian elections, and he pushed RHK on multiple occasions early. I think a bus is unlikely because you don't usually get as much credit for lynching someone when you're not active in pushing the wagon. This is the weakest of my townreads, but I'm not gonna get to lynched my whole scumpool anyway, so I'm not going to consider it too hard.

Then the scumpool, which is part POE and part each of them being specifically scummy:
worcej's logic is consistently shit. He helped save RHK day one. He ended off-wagon day two. He strongly townreads flash, which is meaningfully sketchy at this point. He did pass the box to a townie, he didn't blindly sheep Squigs when he voted RHK day 5, and he wanted to lynch RHK or flash D4, so he's the bottom here.
bozo also helped save RHK day one. He worked to lynch damo D6. He blindly sheeped Squigs D5. He's also relatively quiet.
ND looked good early, but now he's not contributing much, and every time he does, he adds people to the pool of people he wants to lynch with flimsy reasoning in a way that seems like he's just trying to throw things at the wall because he wins if anything sticks.
Durga is a null to me. She could be town or scum. I joined the vote on her to see what happened. I am still not sure.

I question whether bo's stance is an act.

I do see that rdr lead the charge on RHK D1/D2...which would be bold for scum. But I know rdr can happily bus and RHK was just a goon. When he is scum he can happily blend in without having providing any specific pointers to his scum identity. We only caught him in the past via PoE.

You are only scumreading worcej because he doesn't scumreads me which is pretty darn weak. I see him putting in detailed posts explaining his reasoning and he seems to be trying. I would put him in the town pool.

ND looks flimsy, I agree with that. He is definitely an option.

Bozo's reasoning has been awful. Either you or bozo are scum. Probably not both.

bozotheclown

#3306 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:01 am

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:00 am
ghug wrote:
flash2015 wrote:

If you want to have a discussion in good faith, stop with the pot shots. They're woefully inaccurate and they just make you look foolish. You should also respond to my questions when I ask you instead of deflecting like you've done all game.

Now:
Squigs is town.
I townread Durga, she's emotional, self-interested, and comfortable in her posting.
I townread bo. His voting record is solid, he's also emotional in a way I'd expect from town bo.
I townread rd. His lurk seems to be the result of recent Brazilian elections, and he pushed RHK on multiple occasions early. I think a bus is unlikely because you don't usually get as much credit for lynching someone when you're not active in pushing the wagon. This is the weakest of my townreads, but I'm not gonna get to lynched my whole scumpool anyway, so I'm not going to consider it too hard.

Then the scumpool, which is part POE and part each of them being specifically scummy:
worcej's logic is consistently shit. He helped save RHK day one. He ended off-wagon day two. He strongly townreads flash, which is meaningfully sketchy at this point. He did pass the box to a townie, he didn't blindly sheep Squigs when he voted RHK day 5, and he wanted to lynch RHK or flash D4, so he's the bottom here.
bozo also helped save RHK day one. He worked to lynch damo D6. He blindly sheeped Squigs D5. He's also relatively quiet.
ND looked good early, but now he's not contributing much, and every time he does, he adds people to the pool of people he wants to lynch with flimsy reasoning in a way that seems like he's just trying to throw things at the wall because he wins if anything sticks.
Durga is a null to me. She could be town or scum. I joined the vote on her to see what happened. I am still not sure.

I question whether bo's stance is an act.

I do see that rdr lead the charge on RHK D1/D2...which would be bold for scum. But I know rdr can happily bus and RHK was just a goon. When he is scum he can happily blend in without having providing any specific pointers to his scum identity. We only caught him in the past via PoE.

You are only scumreading worcej because he doesn't scumreads me which is pretty darn weak. I see him putting in detailed posts explaining his reasoning and he seems to be trying. I would put him in the town pool.

ND looks flimsy, I agree with that. He is definitely an option.

Bozo's reasoning has been awful. Either you or bozo are scum. Probably not both.
What reasoning do you find awful?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3307 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:52 am
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:45 am
ghug wrote:

So that's a no on giving your own set of reads, I guess.

I get you subbed into this game, but you're clearly here enough and reading actively. Not sharing opinions is scummy. That's an objective truth.

The scum reason for doing such a thing is that you can say "there's no scum reason for doing such a thing". There's no town reason either.

Believing DrCJG so quickly was questionable. His claim was shit. Scum knew he'd die eventually. That's an easy bus for cred, and it's a common pattern that scum disbelieve teammates' fakeclaims harder than town do. The rest of your voting record is worse than mine, and you couldn't even give food reasons for your votes.
Not sharing opinion may be lazy, but it certainly is not scummy (I have plenty of other things going on in my life - I didn't join the game from the start as I didn't really think I had time for it). As I have said several times before I am not going to show false confidence. I have been consistent game to game to game on this. Most long winded proofs turn out to be false. It is largely a game of going with your gut (most long winded proofs appear to be people looking for evidence which confirm their gut feels or biases).

The timing of DrCJGs claim was questionable (and the way he did it too - not just claiming observer outright), sure, but there was no scum reason for him to make a claim at all. As I said before, it setup a scum vs town battle where most likely if he hadn't done anything it probably would have been town vs town. This is the easy stuff. Given your genius mafia intellect, I can't see how couldn't see that it was bleeding f*** obvious that DrCJG was town. It really boggles the mind your reasoning here. And yet again, you still claim my voting record is worse than yours, even though I voted for DemonRHK to lynch him (you didn't) and we both have been on the same number of mislynched (two), one of which you led and the other which you encouraged me to join.

bozotheclown

#3308 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:23 am

I still think ghug and flash could both be scum, their interaction seems like it could be extreme bussing to try to clear one when the other gets lynched.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3309 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:23 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:01 am

Your damo/flash/ghug scum team.

ND

#3310 Post by ND » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:42 am

Does Ghug, flash, Durga make sense? I'm kinda there.

ND

#3311 Post by ND » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:48 am

From the mafia qt:

Flash:. Lol I'm lynch proof

Ghug:. Yep but I'm still going to bus you

Flash: k who cares

Durga: lol ND is so dumb

Jamie:. fu*k everything I'm angry

Flash:. Jamie I told you not to post here

Brainbomb:. Oops does the night phase end in fifty hours did I miss it?

Ghug:. I hate my life

ND

#3312 Post by ND » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:50 am

Shit that other flash should be fox my bad flash isn't gming lol

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3313 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:44 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:57 am
ghug wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:27 pm

• Same goes for damo.
  • Same goes for damo.
  • Damo gets a pass because he had to try and not die for the first two days, which makes his votes unreadable.
  • Jamie was probably scum, but I maintain that his outburst had nothing to do with his alignment. It's more likely that he got upset over burning his morning toast than over his alignment, in my opinion.
  • Same goes for damo.
They're both going down in short order. I'm staying on damo today because I think it's very possible he's the driver.
Bull fucking shit. Damo was not pulling "lynch me I don't care". Damo hadn't actively avoided giving reads all fucking game. Damo was so brazenly independent and honest in his thoughts that none of you should have thought for a second he was town.

Scum is flash and two of bozo, ND, worcej in that order. It would have been really nice if we had one more mislynch, but we've wasted it on the most obvious townie, and since one of you morons is the doctor, I highly doubt we're getting it back
Are you claiming VT to reduce the doctor pool for scum, or is this written from a scum perspective?
Is this a real question?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3314 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 am

I told that being bad isn´t the same as being scum. I think we are going to lose, unless Doctor or Box give us one more chance. If they don´t, we need to catch scum three times in a row, the odds are really against us.

I still think Flash and Ghug are probably scum together. But I have to be honest and say that Flash improved a lot this last night, it´s the first glance I see of the player that just blow my plans on one of the last games we played. It´s the first time I started doubting my read on him. Ghug´s answer aren´t that bad too, but I still feel he could be faking, I don´t feel the anger he should be feeling if he is really town. Look at worcej´s reaction and you will know what I am talking about.

I have the same feeeling about Durga, if she is town I would expect a lot more passion, like last game when she was really angry when town was falling apart. I also don´t like the way Durga is scumreading me but didn´t pushing this read and also didn´t question me hard. I think I am the most likely myslynch scum will try to push at lylo, because I am not a big talker and also because people think I roll scum more then average (which is true, statistically speaking, but it´s totally bullshit to indicate my current alignment). The problem is that a scumteam of Flash-Ghug-Durga doesn´t fit, I expect Ghug to buss one of his team mates, but probably not both. I will try to ISO this three to see if I can see something I am missing.

I have a solid townread on Worcej, I can feel his pain after EOD and it’s really hard to fake something like that.

So, it's likely we have a scum between ND-Bozo-Bo. I really don't have a strong impression from both ND and Bozo, I townread them mostly because I didn't see anything scummy from both, but they could be the hidden threat. From the three Bo is the least likely as I don't see him being a choice for the hidden threat. I also just don´t see him in a scumteam with Flash and Ghug, but this is a weak argument to town read him.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3315 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:29 pm

I am of a strong belief that people who are quick to throw insults and generally being an a**hole they are are trying to make up for weak arguments.

One Ghug-Squigs exchange really sticks in my craw. Squigs was musing about past games he played with ghug and ghug came back and said:

"I understand that you lack my genius, though, so I can't expect you to reach the logical conclusion.

Regardless, I suggest you get the fuck over it."

This was completely unnecessary and over the top. Squigs discussion was really friendly banter. Why would you go out of your way to go full douche? Because you are trying to tell everyone "don't even try to question me"..and given that the rest of town is not up to the same level of a**hole as ghug we are falling for it. I would expect such a genius mafia player, if town, to actually try and lead town. Instead he puts in a weak effort, but can happily post at great length after the mislynch that everyone except him is a moron. This isn't town play. This is BS. He should be our lynch tomorrow.

Durga

#3316 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Doc should probably reveal eon. It's do or die I guess

bozotheclown

#3317 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:11 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:23 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:01 am

Your damo/flash/ghug scum team.
That is easy to say now that we know I was wrong about damo, but you were voting for damo on D5.

bozotheclown

#3318 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:44 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:57 am
ghug wrote:

Is this a real question?
Yes, how does it help town to say you are not the doctor?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3319 Post by flash2015 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:35 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm
Why? What info will the doc be able to provide?

bozotheclown

#3320 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm
Why EON? If we get a doc save or box save tonight, or if the box kills scum, we will have another mislynch.