MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
RagingIke297

Re: MINI MAFIA III - NEWBIE GAME - GAME THREAD

#501 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 pm

sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:43 pm
worcej and sheep seem like they're hunting PR. worcej's huge chunk of posting was trying to discern the PR and made some interesting assumptions and conclusions. sheep has pretty openly said he's not too interested in the game, but given his prior experience I think its more of a play to get away with not posting.
-what part of what ive posted makes you think im trying to search for prs?
-why do you think me being more experienced means im more likely to be interested in the game?
This would have been better had it been posted after EON, we don't want a PR claim right now when scum could kill the claimant.
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 pm
note

if there's a cop they can claim so we know there's no doc which means the teacher clear is fake

but there's almost always a doc with teacher as an inno here so we should be fine and there's no need to leave cover
For the second part, at the beginning of the game you seem interested and excited, looking forward to improving your play, asking questions on meta, you even threw this out there: "spotting scummy behavior is pretty easy d1 tbh", but two of you're top scumreads you've pushed the majority of the game are dead and have both been town, you slid a scum read onto yav sometime after D1 and haven't really given any explanation as to why except that he scumreads you for poor reasons. I understand getting worn out, but the game hasn't even lasted that long and its pretty manageable post count wise. I'll put it back to you, why have you lost interest? Who are your scum reads? Why?

phil_a_s

#502 Post by phil_a_s » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Yeah, sorry for being mostly silent. Feels like a kind of feedback loop, where nothing happens you want to (or, possibly, can) comment on, so nobody says anything, so you don't have anything to comment on. We have to avoid that tomorrow.

In any case, I have continued to be mostly focused on possible scumteams. Given that there are only 10 of them left (with me and teacher2 excluded, of course), I will enumerate them and explain why, based on interactions, I believe or don't believe they are plausible.

worcej/DrCJG
Unlikely. DrCJG tried to start a wagon on worcej yesterday, and given that we had implied we would not go after Bancroft or xy4 during the night, worcej would have been a very plausible lynch target. That said, worcej's behavior torwards DrCJG in reads has been odd - noncommittal defenses and an argument to authority in following teacher2, which worcej notably does not do much of otherwise. I would still attribute this to newbie behavior (I am disinclined to lynch yet another newbie for bad play, given the record of that strategy so far).

worcej/sheep
Possibly? Sheep has been low-key friendly to worcej all game - worcej scumreads sheep, but also makes a sheep lynch conditional on xy4 flipping scum, which he would not in this scenario. Sheep's habit of providing at best one line explanations of actions and reads has been unhelpful here. The main problem with this is that sheep/worcej would have had to forfeit the roleblock, and I really don't see why they wouldn't have just slapped the roleblock on teacher2, just in case he was doc. Still probably wouldn't have been able to dispute the roleblock, and sheep wasn't in immediate danger or anything.

worcej/yavuzovic
Possible. yavuzovic and worcej have essentially not interacted (aside from worcej greeting yavuzovic when he took over at EoD1), and even when pressed, yavuzovic gave a null read to worcej, and worcej also nullread yavuzovic.

worcej/xy4(now RagingIke)
Nah. These two have been hostile for a long time, and have legitimately been threats to each other at times.

DrCJG/sheep
Also unlikely. They are too experienced and competent to come out that friendly that soon out of the gate.

DrCJG/yavuz
Not too likely. DrCJG voted Marneus, who was replaced by yavuz. That said, I don't have a good register of N1 and D2 DrCJG interactions, unfortunately, so the interactions don't confirm or refute much of anything.

DrCJG/xy4
Nope. DrCJG has been a threat to xy4 to a degree I wouldn't really expect in places I wouldn't expect it.

sheep/yavuzovic
Vaguely plausible. sheep and yavuzovic went after each other hard 25 minutes after yavuzovic subbed in. I don't understand why yavuzovic would start pointing out early sheep scummy behavior at N1 without having caught up, especially since the fact that it was scummy had been mentioned. One explanation is that sheep and yavuzovic made a deal to go after each other N1 during those 25 minutes. In any case, this pressure melts away as D2 starts, though yavuz could have just been respecting the rb claim, and yavuz was the initiator. The problem mentioned in the sheep/worcej section about the roleblock applies here too though.

sheep/xy4(now RagingIke)
Probably not. sheep was not around for EoD1, when xy4 was a probable lynch target. sheep also had a parked vote on one of the wagons which he could have placed on Damo to finish him off. I don't really see sheep abandoning a teammate D1 that callously. xy4 has been rather friendly to sheep, but not in an overtly scummy way.

Yavuz/xy4(now RagingIke)
??? Yavuz and xy4 did not have very much time to interact. In that time, yavuz voted xy4 early D2 with a case that xy4 took apart pretty easily, at which point yavuz took the vote off, and later voted Bancroft at the tail-end of the wagon that would eventually kill him. I have no clue what to think about this possibility, since they have had exactly one interaction, and both are subbed now.

Yavuzovic is the scum that works with the most people. worcej only works with sheep and yavuzovic. DrCJG doesn't really work well with anyone. sheep works to a decent degree with yavuzovic and worcej. yavuzovic, though, works with both those and with xy4|RagingIke. I can still see how you could think worcej/sheep looks scummier than yavuzovic/worcej and yavuzovic/xy4|RagingIke, but for me, yavuzovic is the best value for money. Yavuzovic's fourth vote on a townie, effectively killing the voting for the day (when half the vote is on one candidate, how much can you really do) doesn't look too great on its own, either.

RagingIke297

#503 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:52 pm

@sheep, it's also comments like this that makes me skeptical:
if i were mafia and the day ended with like everyone hard scumreading me except like 2 people then i would never holster the roleblock to try to half clear me over maybe blocking a pr read
First, you can say whatever you want there's no way of knowing what you would actually do.

Second, that seems like a pretty legit strategy to me, since there is only a 17%ish chance scum would hit PR on the first night it seems like a decent trade off to get some early towncred and send the town to hunt somewhere else.

Jamiet99uk

#504 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 pm

NIGHT HAS ENDED

= PLEASE HOLD =

Jamiet99uk

#505 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:02 pm

The night air was broken by a cry of displeasure.

"Owie! I can't believe you did that to me! Why would you do something like that? Please, no!"

The remaining members of Sonic's gang headed towards the small plume of smoke which could suddenly be seen, but it was too late

Teacher2 has been KILLED! He was OMOCHAO, the VANILLA TOWN!

=============================
DAY 3 BEGINS - YOU MAY NOW POST

Jamiet99uk

#506 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:45 pm

VOTE COUNT 3.0

(0) -

Currently NOBODY is set to be lynched.

You have 47 hours and 15 minutes remaining in Day 3.

RagingIke297

#507 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:52 pm

I wasn't roleblocked

I think we should no lynch and end asap

worcej

#508 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:56 pm

Noob question: Why no lynch and end? How does that help the town right now?

worcej

#509 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Potential answer: We're @ Mylo if we lynch because a kill then would make it 2-2, thus scum wins. Researching acronyms helps!

##Vote Nolynch (Right term correct?)
##Vote End

RagingIke297

#510 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Today we are 4-2, If we mislynch today and there is no doc svae tonight then the game ends and scum win.
If we no lynch today and there is no doc save then it's 3-2 and we have better odds to hit scum tomorrow.

worcej

#511 Post by worcej » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 pm

Yeah, I re-read teacher's final post and figured it out by researching 'mylo'

sheepsaysmeep

#512 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:13 am

i was roleblocked again.

mafia really screwed up

sheepsaysmeep

#513 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:14 am

##VOTE No Lynch

sheepsaysmeep

#514 Post by sheepsaysmeep » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:17 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 pm
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:43 pm
worcej and sheep seem like they're hunting PR. worcej's huge chunk of posting was trying to discern the PR and made some interesting assumptions and conclusions. sheep has pretty openly said he's not too interested in the game, but given his prior experience I think its more of a play to get away with not posting.
-what part of what ive posted makes you think im trying to search for prs?
-why do you think me being more experienced means im more likely to be interested in the game?
This would have been better had it been posted after EON, we don't want a PR claim right now when scum could kill the claimant.
sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 pm
note

if there's a cop they can claim so we know there's no doc which means the teacher clear is fake

but there's almost always a doc with teacher as an inno here so we should be fine and there's no need to leave cover
For the second part, at the beginning of the game you seem interested and excited, looking forward to improving your play, asking questions on meta, you even threw this out there: "spotting scummy behavior is pretty easy d1 tbh", but two of you're top scumreads you've pushed the majority of the game are dead and have both been town, you slid a scum read onto yav sometime after D1 and haven't really given any explanation as to why except that he scumreads you for poor reasons. I understand getting worn out, but the game hasn't even lasted that long and its pretty manageable post count wise. I'll put it back to you, why have you lost interest? Who are your scum reads? Why?
you can explain what part of my posting made you think i was openly looking for power roles although i dont understand at all what made you think you cant talk about it during the night

your explanation makes no sense either like

literally interest and experience arent related at all
interest and alignment are only related for a few specific players which doesnt include me

and your response doesnt even answer it at all

this game is just boring so i have little interest in playing

scumreads rn are ike and yavu both have the shittiest attempts to push me with clear agenda

Jamiet99uk

#515 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:52 am

Vote Count 3.1

NoLynch (2) - Worcej(End), Sheepsaysmeep

You have just over 40hrs left in Day 3.

phil_a_s

#516 Post by phil_a_s » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:57 am

##VOTE No Lynch
##VOTE End

Every little bit of new concrete information would be handy now. No point in lynching, given we have no confirmed town and we're at MYLO.

yavuzovic

#517 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:30 am

##vote no-lynch
##end

Also if we lynch a random player now,
we lynch a scum: 66%
we lynch a town: 33%

After a no-lynch and a night,
we lynch a scum: 50%
we lynch a town: 50%

Also we get a lot of information from those flips.

Jamiet99uk

#518 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am

Vote Count 3.2

NoLynch (4) - Worcej(End), Sheepsaysmeep, Phil_as(End), Yavuzovic(End)

You have more than 38 hours left in Day 3

Jamiet99uk

#519 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 am

GM NOTE

(To address a couple of queries I've had, which due to this being a newbie game, I think everyone should get the answers to...)

With 6 players left alive, a fourth END vote coupled to a No Lynch vote would end the phase early. Should this happen it may take me a while to appear and post the "please hold" message. In that instance you are free to keep talking in the thread until I post "please hold", however your votes will be locked in.

yavuzovic

#520 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:53 am

I calculated very wrong. But I think you understand what I meant.