MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#481 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:14 pm

contrived perhaps damo. but vapors entry to the game seems to be inconsistent with his pregame attitude

Vaporwave

#482 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:19 pm

:o enough vapor talk, there are 21 players besides him

bomb, oh what do you want to me to say? it's the 3rd? time I think people assume I softclaim, I'm not a double-tongued guy, when I claim, I make it clear

Not sure why I feel :sick: this game, I moaned about wanting to be town pre-game, but being so defenseless feels horrible, who knows...I might have had a better time randing scum depending on the team

xorxes

#483 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:22 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:05 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:23 pm
the reason I thought he was softing as hulk was the releat use of the sick emoji
the jekyll and hyde posting style of appearing bipolar
the threat to stomp people
the mention of gladiators, hulk was a gladiator in Ragnarok, the film just before infinity war.
contrived to the nth degree
This reminds me how in the gladiator game we were convinced that Vapor was PR because his first post was a quote in Latin by Cicero, who was one of the PRs, and we ended up wasting two jails on him as VT.

Now that he has claimed VT I don't think those "crumbs" mean anything, they were probably as unintentional as the Cicero quote. If they were from scum intending to claim doc, why then end up claiming VT? And if he was the real doc, he would not claim VT either, so they were not crumbs.

So now I'm thinking Vapor probably is a VT, as people claiming VT usually end up being VT. Claiming VT is still bad for town though. If you are a VT you should not be so desperate to save yourself that you need to claim, the claim does not really give town any info that town needs to have, and it does give scum info that they want to have, so bad all around.

brainbomb

#484 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Maybe vapor was just so upset because vecna did not fly in on a pegasus last minute and save our mortal souls

Jamiet99uk

#485 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:24 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:58 pm
maybe jamie is too calm to be town
Maybe nobody has done anything to annoy me yet. Plus, as has been discussed, I'm calmer than I used to be. Sometimes.

brainbomb

#486 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:27 pm

jamie, lets get gay in the thread

Vaporwave

#487 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:29 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:22 pm

So now I'm thinking Vapor probably is a VT, as people claiming VT usually end up being VT. Claiming VT is still bad for town though. If you are a VT you should not be so desperate to save yourself that you need to claim, the claim does not really give town any info that town needs to have, and it does give scum info that they want to have, so bad all around.
alright, it's just that I saw it happen in previous game and it didn't seem like a big deal, parties still won games, I mean if town was screwed in past games, we all know that it wasn't due to reveals, but mostly caused by poor usage of various abilities and wrong voting patterns

xorxes

#488 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:30 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Macro Reads List:
NB - if I miss anyone, consider them null.
Town
Brain - consistent with his town play (erratic votes, high post count, questioning ppl's motives). Furthering discussion.

Kitsune - getting earnest noob vibes from him, but he's still trying to figure things out.

Townlean
Bozo - I liked his opening but he hasn't said a lot more since then. Bozo isn't usually very active in the early days, so I'm not expecting a ton of posts from him until later. His activity in the mid/lategame should be telling.

Worcej - his alignment should be obvious by the late game. For now, his prodding looks good.

BunnyGo - getting good beginner vibes from him, too.

Jamie - every time I think Jamie is scummy, he's actually town. I think he's scummy this game, so he's probably actually town.

Null
Rdr - he's usually a lot more active in the early game

Xorxes - he's playing a little different than normal, but it's possibly because of his recent scum games.

ND - the persona is pretty weird. It'll be easier to sort him once he starts playing normally.

Vapour* - Vapour is definitely acting strange. Some of his posts give the survivalist vibe, but then later posts say he's fine with dying. Imo, he's either a scum or a PR. If he's still alive in a few days, we lynch.

Scumlean
Darg - nice posts without much substance.

Scum
Fox - lurker calling out lurkers. Easy way for scum to generate content without much effort
EMC - I recall seeing a bunch of his posts but nothing stood out. Seems like he's playing under the radar.
Kalal - really disliked his entry posts. It looks like he was trying to have an attention-seeking entrance
OK then, I'm going to ##VOTE Espresso

I'm really sad because we were scumbuddies in the minimafia game and did great together, and I still feel some camaraderie towards EP because of that, but I think he is scum this time. This reads list is very empty, too many reads to say very little. Too manys "time will tell". Reads I especially dislike: bozo, rivera, Fox.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#489 Post by Maniac » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:32 pm

@BunnyGo “ I figured you crazy KIDS were just posting links to youtube and gifs and whatnot.”

I’m 53 mate, but still still a kid at heart 😂

xorxes

#490 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:29 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:22 pm

alright, it's just that I saw it happen in previous game and it didn't seem like a big deal, parties still won games, I mean if town was screwed in past games, we all know that it wasn't due to reveals, but mostly caused by poor usage of various abilities and wrong voting patterns
It doesn't matter. When you're VT, don't claim VT. It doesn't help.

xorxes

#491 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:40 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:38 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:29 pm
vapor you are really different on here than you were back in the old days. Im glad youve become a regular here. I really enjoy your attitude and joy you bring to the game.

And I sorta think your first few posts are where you gave yourself away. everything since then youve looked like a casual joy filled snoggle, lifting our spirits
I am just really not sure I believe that it ever happens that scum swagger into game and give themselves away by it. Has that ever actually happened?

(Possibly to Commander Byron in M33, but that was not him swaggering in, that was prompted by an interaction that got him into trouble.)
It happened to Chaqa and his Camaro in a recent game when brain and Vecna immediately called him out for it. Also, bo_sox claimed town in a reversed mafia game when everyone is supposed to pretend to be mafia (I remember that one because it was my first game ever). And I'm probably forgetting others, so yes, it does happen. Not sure now that this is the case here though.

Jamiet99uk

#492 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:27 pm
jamie, lets get gay in the thread
You're not my type, Heef.

xorxes

#493 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
vapor you are really different on here than you were back in the old days. Im glad youve become a regular here. I really enjoy your attitude and joy you bring to the game.

And I sorta think your first few posts are where you gave yourself away. everything since then youve looked like a casual joy filled snoggle, lifting our spirits
I agree with this assessment...

BunnyGo

#494 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:32 pm
@BunnyGo “ I figured you crazy KIDS were just posting links to youtube and gifs and whatnot.”

I’m 53 mate, but still still a kid at heart 😂
I love it!

brainbomb

#495 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 pm

EspressoPatronum
Day-1 40:40
page 11 / orig I got half way through. My impressions thus far:

Liking bozo a lot. I'll also echo darg's post -- I'm interested to see if bozo has any ideas on the mechanics of the game. We might have stood a better chance in the apocalypse/animal game.

##vote Vaporwave. He seems really different from my past games with him.
##Vote Espresso

xorxes

#496 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:44 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:04 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:50 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:47 pm
@Bunny - I'm convinced that like me you're just a newbie excited to play. Join us.

##VOTE EspressoPatronum
Cool. Glad someone can read my posts. It makes sense since clearly I can’t read theirs.

As for the vote: I’m not voting for someone if I don’t have to on flimsy evidence that I don’t understand. With the scum knowing each other (when I play f2f they don’t know each other D1) I’m just so much more likely to kill a powered townie.
Makes sense.

I was under the impression that time was not on the side of the villagers. If they don't take action the balance will eventually be out of their favor. However, I can see how a hasty lynching would just hasten that. Thanks.
Why are you talking about the villagers in the third person?

Jamiet99uk

#497 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:47 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:40 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:38 pm
brainbomb wrote:

I am just really not sure I believe that it ever happens that scum swagger into game and give themselves away by it. Has that ever actually happened?

(Possibly to Commander Byron in M33, but that was not him swaggering in, that was prompted by an interaction that got him into trouble.)
It happened to Chaqa and his Camaro in a recent game when brain and Vecna immediately called him out for it. Also, bo_sox claimed town in a reversed mafia game when everyone is supposed to pretend to be mafia (I remember that one because it was my first game ever). And I'm probably forgetting others, so yes, it does happen. Not sure now that this is the case here though.
That was the most Bo_Sox moment of all time. It was a thing of incompetent beauty. If town wins Mafia 100 I will pay to commission a sculpture of Bo_Sox saying "I am town", to be erected in the town square in the town of Bo_Sox's choice.

BunnyGo

#498 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 pm
EspressoPatronum

Liking bozo a lot. I'll also echo darg's post -- I'm interested to see if bozo has any ideas on the mechanics of the game. We might have stood a better chance in the apocalypse/animal game.

##Vote Espresso
Could you explain this more to me. I'm not following the logic of why everyone is piling on Espresso

BunnyGo

#499 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:49 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:49 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 pm
EspressoPatronum

##Vote Espresso
Could you explain this more to me. I'm not following the logic of why everyone is piling on Espresso
And by "you" I'm happy to have any current Espresso voter explain.

xorxes

#500 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:51 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:47 pm
@Bunny - I'm convinced that like me you're just a newbie excited to play. Join us.

##VOTE EspressoPatronum
I don't think Kalel and Espresso are scum together, as they were making each other's wagons viable for no real reason if they were both scum. So I'm thinking Kalel is probably town despite some scummy things that could be just newbishness.