Question concerning convoys

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
dehrlich

Question concerning convoys

#1 Post by dehrlich » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi, I'm a new player to Diplomacy and had a quick question concerning convoys. So, I recently was in a situation where I was holding a coastal territory and then calling support hold on it via my nearby fleet. Then, I was using another fleet to convoy a second army into that territory. When the next turn came about, I saw that another country tried to attack my territory. Although I managed to successfully defend the area, my convoy did not end up going through. Any ideas as to why this happened?

WideMouth

Re: Question concerning convoys

#2 Post by WideMouth » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:20 pm

You said there was already a unit holding that area? If that unit was still there, you wouldn’t be able to convoy a second unit into that territory because there can never be more than 1 unit in a territory at a time (with the exception of defeated units before the retreat phase). Because you already had a unit in the territory, the unit you attempted to convoy there was bounced back to where it was.

dehrlich

#3 Post by dehrlich » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Oh ok! Thanks so much for your help!!

WideMouth

#4 Post by WideMouth » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:41 pm

No problem :)