Drawing is the new winning?

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Claesar

Re: Drawing is the new winning?

#41 Post by Claesar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:16 am

Orao_22 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:28 am
Damn, I noticed this as well, but I thought it was a fluke... I actually went to play Diplomacy because I was tired of draws or de-facto draws when playing Hearts of Iron IV and Wargame Red Dragon, and here I am again... Plus, I have a very defensive/prudent way to play in all games, so that maximises the chances for draws.
You're in the wrong game, I'm afraid. That's all I can say about that. Try the Game of Thrones boardgame or Twilight Imperium, I guess. There's always a winner in those.

David E. Cohen

Re: Drawing is the new winning?

#42 Post by David E. Cohen » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:24 am

Orao_22 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:28 am
Damn, I noticed this as well, but I thought it was a fluke... I actually went to play Diplomacy because I was tired of draws or de-facto draws when playing Hearts of Iron IV and Wargame Red Dragon, and here I am again... Plus, I have a very defensive/prudent way to play in all games, so that maximises the chances for draws.
I am also conservative and prudent by nature. I have to actively fight that predisposition in every game of Dip I play in order to maximize my chance of winning. Its not easy, but you can do it. You can also look for variants where draws are less likely. They are out there.