The Stirring Case of the Double French

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
SirThursday

Re: The Stirring Case of the Double French

#41 Post by SirThursday » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Ah. Build anywhere. The critical gap in my attempts! That was a fun puzzle though, well done all

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#42 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm

xorxes wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 am
Ah, I got it!

Same solution I posted, except the last year it's Nth C Lon-Nwy in Spring and then Nwy-StP and Nth-Hol. So the train goes from Moscow to St Petersburg.
Yup, that's what I realized too.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#43 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:36 pm

woelpad wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:28 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 am
Ah, I got it!

Same solution I posted, except the last year it's Nth C Lon-Nwy in Spring and then Nwy-StP and Nth-Hol. So the train goes from Moscow to St Petersburg.
That's right! As to deciding who solved it first, let's simply agree that the crown is shared between Squigs44, who cracked the color coding, and you, xorxes, who tracked down all the units.

But let me not forget everyone else who participated, sometimes on the mark, sometimes (wildly) off, sometimes just for humor. You were a magnificent audience. I hope you enjoyed it. I know I did.
Who cares about a crown? This entertained me my whole flight home. Thanks for this, I love riddles. Send more my way if you get them.

woelpad

#44 Post by woelpad » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:46 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:36 pm
Who cares about a crown? This entertained me my whole flight home. Thanks for this, I love riddles. Send more my way if you get them.
The Pouch has a sizable collection of puzzles that should keep you occupied for quite a while. Check all three sections in the List of Articles, Puzzles, Last Man Standing and Sherlock Holmes.

http://www.diplomatic-pouch.org/Zine/list.html#Puzzle

The downside is, they (mostly) all have a published solution, so they're not really appropriate for a forum discussion. When the new issue is out, I'll create a thread with the new puzzles for all of you to take a stab at.

woelpad

#45 Post by woelpad » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:08 am

Just out. Read how Holmes & co. solved the riddle by following the link below.

www.diplomatic-pouch.org/Zine/F2018M/Ho ... irred.html