I'm having some mates round...

Players from the face-to-face Diplomacy community can post upcoming meet ups, tournaments, and house games here, and members from the webDiplomacy community can search for local face-to-face groups and events.
BancroftS

I'm having some mates round...

#1 Post by BancroftS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:38 am

So I've managed to get together 7 people (eventually), and we're planning on doing our first F2F game of Diplomacy. I'm the only one that's played before, and I think using the webdip server would be ideal (as it shows movement arrows, where things have bounced, etc.)

None of the other players have accounts, but I'm hoping we'll have a game master who will be logged into the computer and will be able to submit everyones orders...

Main question is:
Can I set up 6/7 new accounts in order to play this F2F game
Will they end up getting banned/will our game get paused half way through due to 7 people all being logged into one computer at once, from 1 IP address?

I'll obviously do it as a password protected game etc.

2ndWhiteLine
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: I'm having some mates round...

#2 Post by 2ndWhiteLine » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:58 am

Email the mods. Definitely play a locked game, but let the mods know anyway to avoid unnecessary hassles.

Claesar

#3 Post by Claesar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Please email us at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do.

Personally I'd think JDip is more suiable for your request. Have you considered this program?

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Just buy the boardgame!

Octavious

#5 Post by Octavious » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Yeah, but the board doesn't change colour or anything. What you want is one of those tables with a computer screen built in that you used to play PacMan on in pubs, and a phone for each player. And beer.

BancroftS

#6 Post by BancroftS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Haha I do have the boardgames, but as Octavious said it doesn't change colour so therefore definitely not as cool. I've looked at JDip now and that seems like it should work so thanks for the heads up! :)

Peregrine Falcon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

#7 Post by Peregrine Falcon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:08 pm

For future reference, one user creating 7 accounts to play is not allowed, and never will be. Each player creating their own account, each with their own email and password only accessible by the player controlling that account is allowed.

We hope to one day roll out a sandbox feature, but that looks like it will be a long time from now. Until then, JDip or Backstabbr is the place to look for a sandbox.