This Web Page

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Carpysmind

This Web Page

#1 Post by Carpysmind » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:42 pm

I joined back in 2008. I don't recall vDiplomacy being in around then. Is it a splinter of this page? Was there fallout within this or that page and it's developers that the other was created?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: This Web Page

#2 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:57 pm

vDip is our sister site, focused on variant development and forked from the same open source codebase. It has far more features and variants, but many are too unstable or untested to be brought over here.

Carpysmind

#3 Post by Carpysmind » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:14 pm

So, can my profile be copied over? Probably not, and if not, I wonder if I can get some consideration so I don't have to go through the "political puppet" period? I like the Modern2 and maybe there are more players there? I enjoy the game and like this Web page as opposed to the apps for android I've found. The minor problem is finding games with multiple players who are experienced or stay till they are defeated. Maybe there is an internal group that has my same wants and desires?

I can't recall the specifics but, I stopped playing because there was a lot of play politics and disruptions in games that bled over into the forums. There was a significant purge of players that had the site go almost silent for a while. Happy to be playing again, just wish I could find some that had the majority of players with 500+ points and acceptable reliability ratings.

Carpysmind

#4 Post by Carpysmind » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:15 pm

Otherwise, thanks ghug.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:01 pm

You're better off looking for games on the forum here if you want higher quality.

You have to make a new account over there, but it's a pretty tiny and very welcoming community, so you won't suffer from appearing new.