A quite place - best movie so far this year, or just a great name for a gunboat?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
taylornottyler

A quite place - best movie so far this year, or just a great name for a gunboat?

#1 Post by taylornottyler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:27 am

I had a load of fun in this movie. The character building in the middle seemed a little forced but oh my gosh the ending was absolutely wild, and finding out Jim from the office directed it too - not just acted it it made it so much better (while costarring with his wife).

A definite must see and a really fun addition to the horror genre.

While we’re on the subject, I got the app Movie pass and it’s letting me go see a ridiculous amount of flicks for practically no money. If you don’t have it, get it it’s rad. I go to the movies about two to three times a week now.

Isle of dogs and rampage next week. Any other suggestions?

brainbomb

Re: A quite place - best movie so far this year, or just a great name for a gunboat?

#2 Post by brainbomb » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Its good but its basically the movie signs with silence

Incrementalist

Re: A quite place - best movie so far this year, or just a great name for a gunboat?

#3 Post by Incrementalist » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:25 pm
Its good but its basically the movie signs with silence
Even if that's the case (I haven't seen the new movie), it's perfectly OK to do a re-do on Signs because Signs was a horribly done movie.

Clarinet + Clarinet

#5 Post by Clarinet + Clarinet » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 am

It was good. The family's strategies for staying silent and their setup for if anything bad happened was clever and there was a lot of attention to detail, which I liked.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#6 Post by TrPrado » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:36 am

Quite a place

taylornottyler

#7 Post by taylornottyler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:19 am

No bad puns allowed Prado.

Now that you mention it it is similar to signs, farmhouse and aliens and randomly finding the weakness.

I felt like this weakness would be extremely apparent to anyone who actually knew how the aliens worked - which they did since it said on the news paper that sound draws them. No spoilers, but if that what draws them the ending seems like someone would’ve thought of it by then.

brainbomb

#8 Post by brainbomb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am

I think if they just played nickleback...

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#9 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun May 20, 2018 3:02 pm

A couple of movies that I've recently seen & liked are, Brimstone with Dakota Fanning & Guy Pierce, .. Darkest Hour with Gary Old man playing Churchill and Swinging Safari with Guy Pierce. I've also been chasing up Rutger Hauer movies on DVD, Admiral, Barbarossa, The Mill and the Cross etc.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#10 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun May 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Bloody asinine self correcting script software changes Oldman to Old man. Why TF does it do this sh*t ? Who TF designs this software ? Patronising pricks who arrogantly assume they know​ more about how we wish to express ourselves than we do.

Wusti

#11 Post by Wusti » Mon May 21, 2018 6:14 am

If you're chasing Rutger Hauer, MM - you can't overlook Blade Runner...

swordsman3003
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#12 Post by swordsman3003 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm

I was laughing by the time the movie was about 3/4 of the way through. The amount of noisy things that accidentally happened to the characters all in a single day of time and nearly got them all killed every minute on that day was outrageous.
1) I felt like there was no way they had lived this long without making noise
2) I felt like reality contrived to make everything bad happen to them all in one day. I was thinking "and you know, that mom has to take the bar exam tomorrow, what else can we pile on top of her"
3) I felt like there was no point in even trying to live in this terrible world.

MajorMitchell

#13 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue May 22, 2018 2:42 am

@Wusti.. yes Blade runner is a most popular film, but what about "Flesh and Blood ? Incidentally, I should get a "universal" DVD player. Some of the imported DVDs I get ( in Australia ) are for other "regions", so I have to take them to my "computer/internet thingy" expert and get him to make "back up files" of them which then play ok in my clockwork DVD player