Hello My Old Friends (And Enemies)

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Geofram

Hello My Old Friends (And Enemies)

#1 Post by Geofram » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:41 am

I cannot believe there's a BBcode forum on this site now. I almost miss the old style, but then again, hell no I don't.

I would very much like to play some games, of particular interest to me are LIVE Gunboat games (or another Gunboat Tournament if someone else didn't take over that), but I would also like to reinstate my favorite type of game: The Long-Form / Roleplay Classic game. Many of you blew my mind with how eloquent and historical we could make these "letters" to each other in the past. It ending up making games where users lean on modern short speak very jarring and less fun.

I have made such a game here: http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=329564

There is a passcode on it, but only because I would like those wishing to play to have input on how we make sure no one gets exhausted of the writing (and to give a chance for some old friends to see this post first). I would also consider a global-only version if there's interest in that.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Hello My Old Friends (And Enemies)

#2 Post by dargorygel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:56 am

Welcome back

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Hello My Old Friends (And Enemies)

#3 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:10 am

Welcome back DipComrade Geofram, perhaps given your affection for Gunboat and historical emblishments you deserve an Honorific title of Admiral, Vice or Rear as suits?