Work sucks and I need to vent.

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
CommanderByron
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

Re: Work sucks and I need to vent.

#41 Post by CommanderByron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 am

TrPrado wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 pm
CommanderByron wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:46 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Jimmy John’s?
I usually don't reveal my actual place of employment just because A) I become a pseuto-representative for the company (which I dont want) and B) People can find me at work if they are crazy.
fair
However it's mostly A. Most companies have pretty strict rules on social media and public statements from employees. So for example IF they saw my forum post about hating work and I ALSO revealed the actual company I could be terminated. Since I didn't say it was Qdoba Mexican Eats they can't be mad. Now, I don't care if they are mad, because I AM LEAVING WOOT WOOT. I can't wait to turn in these letters of resignation. I am raising a glass that night!

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Work sucks and I need to vent.

#42 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:40 am

Congratulations on the new job CB .. Well done. That's the best way to repay your dud employer .. by moving to a different employer. Consider this suggestion, keep your criticisms of your previous employer muted at your new place of employment. Don't discuss them with lesser ranked employees, maybe in discreet conversation with equals, but best imho just with immediate supervisor / management & then frame it as a we don't want to be like that, there are things we should make a point of doing much better .. to save costs, improve customer service & employee conditions & performance.

I also understand some aspects of discussing employer details & work on the internet. Most employers have restrictions on this, I do some casual security work, so for example I cannot comment publicly in detail on the internet about that. I can comment in limited ways after I have completed a particular tasking. Eg I can post here that I recently worked at the Grace Jones concert in the nearby capital city, Adelaide & some Women's Australian Rules Football games. Between the expenses of supporting The Fire Breathing MemSahib & Princess Estelle I'm doomed to die in harness.

Well done CB & thanks for the help with the Almighty Mods.