Fun with the Dalek Bots

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Fun with the Dalek Bots

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:14 am

Well I have started playing the Dalek Bots in one v one.games of France v Austria I won two games with Austria and got a 21sc to 7sc margin in the second game & learnt that the Dalek Bots are a bit gullible imho, which can make for fun.
So I just played two games with France (v Austria) and won twice. I made a few mistakes early in first of these, but played much better in the second game..
Once I got control of the game and had the Dalek Bot doomed to defeat I decided to extend the end game and do some fun stuff, like invading Russia, being careful not to get to 18 scs until I was ready.
I left scs open and let the Dalek Bot.recapture Greece.
The final margin.. 25 scs to 7 scs.. an 18 sc margin.
I like the Dalek Bots being imperfect befuddled bundles of algorithms and s/w coding.
I'm sure other players, much better than me have probably thumped a Dalek Bot by a greater margin.
I'm just guessing but I think you can get the Dalek Bot to be obsessed with some scs, for example Munich. Or lull the blighter into a false sense of security by not attacking immediately in one place for a few moves and it's as if they then assume you won't attack that place.
Plus there's no guilty feelings because you're not flogging a person with humiliating defeats.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Fun with the Dalek Bots

#2 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:17 am

Score so far.. M~M four wins, Dalek identifying as Kestas Bot four defeats. I've never played the Germany v Italy variant, might give the Dalek Bots a sporting chance.