COVID Struggles

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

COVID Struggles

#1 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:17 pm

I keep getting emails about ordering Chipotle delivery. This would be fine and all, except...

THEY DONT DELIVER TO WHERE I LIVE

Anyone else struggling with things these days?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: COVID Struggles

#2 Post by flash2015 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:24 pm

The struggle is real... :P

Seriously though, who really likes Chipotle? It is incredibly bland...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:25 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:24 pm
The struggle is real... :P

Seriously though, who really likes Chipotle? It is incredibly bland...
O_O

You must be ordering the wrong thing lol. Moe's is bland. Chipotle has so many flavors!

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4 Post by pyxxy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:21 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:17 pm
THEY DONT DELIVER TO WHERE I LIVE
Maybe we can get you a drone delivery?

yavuzovic

#5 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Eh, I thought I caught the virus yesterday because I was struggling with breathing, yet I had no fever. It turned out worse, I have air hunger now. On a forum, I saw many people get it during this confinement. That's something terrible.

Edit: Mine is a psychological thing, not a real O2 shortness.

PRINCE WILLIAM

#6 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:40 pm

It is possible that the need to stay inside at all times makes people to feel suffocating as they are closed between walls.
Here to go to a courier service is not included in the exceptions from the curfew. So if something is not delivered you cannot go and take it.

Octavious

#7 Post by Octavious » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:39 pm

In all honesty I'm rather enjoying it. Long walks in the country, time to catch up on reading, doing jobs around the house I've been putting off for years, and have been chatting to the neighbours more than I have for yonks. Work commitments are right down, but we're all keeping in touch. Sure, it'd be nice to go out and see friends and family a bit, but we're talking over the phone as much or more than ever.

The shortages at the supermarkets before the lock down have all ended, and never caused any issues over the week and a half they existed. I've been trying out new recipes. Costs are way down, and by complete fluke we got a year's worth of theatre trips down in the first couple of months of the year, so we're not missing it.

Life is really good.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8 Post by Maniac » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:02 pm

Good to hear you’re doing some jobs around the house Octavious. I’ve told my Significant other that I’ll probably get round to doing my jobs when the next pandemic hits. I think normally she’d have left me, but lockdown has prevented that.

I think I might have one of the Covid-19 symptoms. I’ve lost my sense of taste. Yes, I’ve bought some Coldplay CDs from Amazon.

yoak

#9 Post by yoak » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:17 am

In all of Southern California, so far as I know, there is one functioning drive-in theater. I've taken the kids twice for double features. We take our own goodies, so we don't have to have any contact, and it is a nice way to get out of the house. Personally, I prefer living in a cave, so being home-bound doesn't bother me, but it is a real boon for the 11- and 13-year-olds.

BunnyGo

#10 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:37 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:45 pm
Eh, I thought I caught the virus yesterday because I was struggling with breathing, yet I had no fever. It turned out worse, I have air hunger now. On a forum, I saw many people get it during this confinement. That's something terrible.

Edit: Mine is a psychological thing, not a real O2 shortness.
Stress is a horrible thing. It can mimic everything from sciatica, to breathing issues. It can even cause real physical issues like joint problems (not just pain, but misaligning your joints).

Good luck, and if you can afford it a lot of mental health professionals are doing remote treatment now; some on a sliding scale if you can't afford it.