Forum Rules vs Admin Rules

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MadMarx
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Forum Rules vs Admin Rules

#1 Post by MadMarx » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:40 am

Question: If an admin makes a personal attack against someone on the forum, and not as part of official admin duties but as a regular site member, and then uses his admin powers to edit out the personal attack (perhaps to whitewash his member *and* admin reputations), would that be considered breaking one site rule or two?

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

Re: Forum Rules vs Admin Rules

#2 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:15 am

MM, I'm gonna say this nicely once, you've been told by every site owner, admin, and mod in existence to send your concerns to the owners if you have them. In fact I reminded you to do so on the post from Oct that you are referring to now. (You can edit your own posts for up to 3 or 5 minutes if nobody else has posted on the same thread in various forums, it doesn't take admin powers, unless something is broken in the configuration in which case submit a bug report).

Since you sent a pm to me about this that I ignored over 3 months ago (because the rules also say don't pm mods with concerns), this is quite clearly a public accusation, which we don't allow. Not that anyone thinks you actually have real concerns since you waited over 3 months because what you actually seem to desire is drama and attention towards your vendetta against me and the mod team.

So, should you post future accusations against me or other mods or TD's (and implying the rules of a tournament were changed to allow various people to make the finals of a tournament is included) instead of emailing the owners, you'll be silenced until you can email them and work it out.

On that note, I'm locking this thread with the expectation you will now go email the owners with your concerns of admin abuse.

-WebDip Admin