And Then There Were None - A Collaborative Diplomacy Story

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
umbletheheep

And Then There Were None - A Collaborative Diplomacy Story

#1 Post by umbletheheep » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Taken from the latest issue of the Diplomacy Briefing - http://www.diplomacybriefing.com

On Halloween, the Nexus discord server began a collaborative story based on Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. An online poll was conducted on who from the Nexus should be the characters in the story and close to 150 votes were cast. We've got some webdippers who made the cut also.

The plot of the story centers on 7 diplomacy players who have been invited to an island for the greatest game of diplomacy ever. Little do they know that one of their members plans to kill them all.

Nine different people contributed to the story. It was an eclectic group that included all different age groups and was truly an international endeavor with 5 different countries represented. What was produced was a story full of inside jokes and narrative dead ends. You can read Seven Little Dippers by the Nexus Diplomacy Community as a html, google doc, or pdf.

PRINCE WILLIAM

Re: And Then There Were None - A Collaborative Diplomacy Story

#2 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:58 am

Though I recognised only three of the names as members of our community here, I enjoyed the story and laughed many times. It reminded me of the old rule-book with the small sketches about stabbing.

Temasek22

Re: And Then There Were None - A Collaborative Diplomacy Story

#3 Post by Temasek22 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Truly amazing story with twist after twist, just like a Diplomacy game! Good job guys!