Fighting winter depression

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Smokey Gem

Re: Fighting winter depression

#21 Post by Smokey Gem » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:28 am

anyone got a heads up on BB and how is he traveling at the moment ?

brainbomb

#22 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:47 am

Hey guys! I am improved much. Busy, just workin and adjusting to a new morning schedule. Had some down days earlier this month but I am quite well. Thanks for community support!

Yigg

#23 Post by Yigg » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:27 pm

I'm really glad to hear that BB! As you go, we go. :)

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#24 Post by orathaic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:01 pm

1. take some vitamin D3, can't hurt at least. Some studies indicate it helps with depression, but the evidence is weak; still winter's lack of sunlight can lead to vitamin D deficiency, and supplementing has done me wonders for several years now.

2. Get a sun lamp, again, lack of sun in the winter sucks. I've only had a sun lamp for two years, but these have been the best winters of my adult life.

3. if things don't improve see a doctor. Anti-depressants are really useful, and cheaper than therapy. They can be a crutch to getting other shit in your life done; if your depression has external factors then that gives you a chance to work on them, if it is caused by an internal chemical imbalance then they will help maintain a healthy balance.

4. Talk, a good social support network is vital to positive mental health; talking to a community like this is good, whether people make jokes, or offer prayer, or medical advice, being listened to and taken seriously is really useful. What other social supports you have are important to appreciate. Whether it is a family member, friend, or mentor.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#25 Post by orathaic » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:01 pm

Also, what smokey gem said.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#26 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 am

Dearest Dipbro Brainbomb. That's how I'm feeling about WebDiplomacy. Depressed with it all. Bloody free buy ins, fucking cheaters in games then when they're thrown out these fucking blow ins get dream starts and the poor bastards who invest points get screwed. It's just not fair. Fuck I've just had consecutive cheaters join for no points then screw me over, then get thrown out and replaced with another cheater, who screws me over, then gets thrown out ... What d'ya reckon Mods ? Want to go for three fuck ups in a row ? Something tells me that'll be the last game that I'll be playing here for some time... See y'all