My paycheck is late

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Nikola Maric Eto

My paycheck is late

#1 Post by Nikola Maric Eto » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:35 am

(and so are the August Ghostratings). What are your experiences with those kind of things? It would be interesting, and maybe comforting to know. Does that even happen in the West? Probably it's a stupid question, but I don't have the idea how that goes there.

Vaporwave

Re: My paycheck is late

#2 Post by Vaporwave » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 am

Same where I live, people sometimes wait 2 months for salaries. And if they dare to complain, they will be verbally abused.

I imagine the West has other rules being more developed.

Nikola Maric Eto

#3 Post by Nikola Maric Eto » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:01 am

I imagine that, too. :) But dont really know. Where are you from, Vaporwave?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:51 am

Everything in the West is GREAT. Not only do we never receive our paychecks late, but usually they arrive early, with ice cream (in season,) or strawberries. Similarly the GR. Those of us who are privileged, appreciated, and know how to drive Cameros often get the GR months early. I am, personally, looking forward to November, apparently I will have a GREAT dipMonth.

Nikola Maric Eto

#5 Post by Nikola Maric Eto » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Hahahahahahhahaha that's right dargo! Your privileged whitenes shines upon us all. See you in November. :) I dont think that everything is great there, far from it. Sorry if it sounded that way. Only it will be interesting for me to hear other people's experiences. Cheers

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#6 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm

More seriously, then... I have worked for wages that were not timely received. Usually, though, in early days of a business's life cycle, or at the end. And always, as I recall, due to internal issues rather than external.

Octavious

#7 Post by Octavious » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:43 pm

I've heard of people not being paid on time, but never experienced it myself. Most people's experience is that the money just turns up in their bank account. I couldn't tell you with complete confidence when my payday is, but I think it's something like the forth Friday of the month.

Nikola Maric Eto

#8 Post by Nikola Maric Eto » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 pm

It could sound surreal, but out of the last 36 monthly checks we have received 34 late. Although, this is much better than the hiperinflation that we had! :-D At least a pay comes and you can buy a same number of potatoes that you could if it came on time.

Jamiet99uk

#9 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:02 pm

I am paid on the last working day of the month, and I've never had a salary payment arrive late in 11 years of local and then central government.

However it has happened to be once. Many years ago I worked as a front of house manager in a hotel. When I started, my first pay was nearly four weeks late. I really needed the money. After the third week, I went to the hotel safe, with two reception staff to witness me, took £200 out of the hotel petty cash box, paid it to myself, and wrote and signed a receipt which I left in the safe. The week after, I was finally paid, and I replaced the money.

worcej

#10 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:21 pm

Maybe I am just a special snowflake, but my paychecks actually can arrive early... I am salary and paid bi-weekly on Fridays. Sometimes the check clears late Thursday evening, especially around holidays or my yearly bonus check.

Nikola Maric Eto

#11 Post by Nikola Maric Eto » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:33 am

I guess that we all should come to live there. Big part of my family is already in the US.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#12 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:56 am

Do you work for an Australian Celebrity Chef ??? George Columbaris ? He's George Col~embarressed after being busted for underpaying staff a lazy $Aus 7.8 million .. he was reportedly re~negotiating his million+ dollar TV contract .. that's not going so well now?

Nikola Maric Eto

#13 Post by Nikola Maric Eto » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 am

Major, you assumptions are correct! B-) Now that we are blessed with dark mode we can only imagine the levels of advancement that are awaiting us on all fields! Maybe even some double checks, advance checks, coupons, meeting celebreties or how do you spell it... Greetings to Australia. :-)