Share your talents! (We all deserve a little bit of publicity)

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
e.m.c^42

Re: Share your talents! (We all deserve a little bit of publicity)

#41 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:04 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:24 pm
WyattS14 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:54 pm
I mean. If people are paying you for drawing. Then it must be a talent. You should share something forum appropriate
Will sketch something up that's not already posted later, don't want anyone reverse image searching to my other handle lol.
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:01 am
https://imgur.com/a/U8VFhgo
nowhere near my best work at all, but good enough lmao

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#42 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:36 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:04 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:24 pm
WyattS14 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:54 pm
I mean. If people are paying you for drawing. Then it must be a talent. You should share something forum appropriate
Will sketch something up that's not already posted later, don't want anyone reverse image searching to my other handle lol.
e.m.c^42 wrote:
nowhere near my best work at all, but good enough lmao
Well that's obviously going right into the banner.

WyattS14
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#43 Post by WyattS14 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:35 am

That’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.
Also you could totally pull off drawing/illustrating professional. Even if it’s a side hustle.

Vaporwave

#44 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:47 pm

This puts me to shame. I thought I was a great illustrator, esp manga-drawing style, but you're above my level, being great with full body proportions.

I usually only draw/paint/illustrate portraits and only women, never men

This is cool stuff
e.m.c^42 wrote:

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#45 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:40 am

Hoorah for our Artists. I had never tried to draw or paint artistically until recently. I have done quite a lot of technical drawings previously. Recently my local Council organised a day event for novice & amatuer artists under the supervision of a proper Artist. I saw the advertisement in the local newspaper and my attention was drawn (ho ho) to the free lunch at a upmarket Cafe offered to participants. So I got a collection of coloured pencils with very soft leads and sketch book and went along to get a free lunch because the local Council was paying, and I'm paying them exorbitant rates every year.
I did one Drawing of a sculpture by a Japanese sculptor in the morning (2.5 hrs), then had a beautiful free lunch, then in the afternoon went to a different sculpture, Horizon Figure by Greg Johns and spent 3 hrs doing a Drawing of that. (Bloody difficult feet, so I cheated, no, used artistic license and put a rock in front of one foot/base)
My Drawing of that sculpture is on display in a proper Art exhibition in a proper Art gallery & although marked Not for Sale, I have knocked back an offer of $Aus 70- for my drawing. (& the eager soul was sober, LoL)
The encouraging comments from other artists have persuaded me to have a crack at this Art caper. I'm going to stick with the coloured pencils and steer clear of paints, water & oil based.
Artists are expected to lead hedonistic lives and that as well as free lunches has definite appeal. Why waste my time and energy on a game that features dishonesty and betrayal ? I found the Drawing caper immensely calming & anything that has a calming effect on me is to be greatly desired.
Additionally, this Drawing caper gives me the opportunity to achieve artistic superiority over my Lovely Fire Breathing MemSahib Her Serene Imperiousness Indoors lying on a sofa eating cakes.
So I will have a go in a two pronged strategy.. more Drawings of the Horizon Figure sculpture (which I have started) and offer those for sale.

The other "prong" of my cunning strategy... I've started doing "Life Drawings" of Princess Estelle, she does enjoy lolling about nude with a tastefully draped translucent cloth & wearing Tiffany trinkets & being the centre of my attention. Princess Estelle is also pleased to be my Muse. (After I had explained the meaning of the word) These drawings will not be displayed publicly or offered for sale.
Please, NO suggestions that I attempt any "Life Drawings" of my Adorable Beautiful Fire Breathing MemSahib. I'm Daffy, but not suicidal.

For philosophical artistic inspiration I can always look to that classic Art film, The Rebel featuring Tony Hancock.

WyattS14
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#46 Post by WyattS14 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 pm

Well, damn. How about picking up writing too?