The title of this thread does not target anyone

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Durga

The title of this thread does not target anyone

#1 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:25 am

This thread was not made with the intent to target anyone.

Durga

Re: The title of this thread does not target anyone

#2 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 am

Ok now that we've bypassed that rule, let's talk about all the tyranny going on

Yoyoyozo

#3 Post by Yoyoyozo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:38 am

The proletariat will prevail!

Fluminator

#4 Post by Fluminator » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:40 am

I feel attacked

Percy Williams

#5 Post by Percy Williams » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:42 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:25 am
This thread was not made with the intent to target anyone.
It's a simple spell, but quite unbreakable.

ubercacher16

#6 Post by ubercacher16 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:43 am

Agreed. Tyranny must die. There is a reason behind the rule against targeting people, but JMO is overstepping is bounds in my opinion.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#7 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:53 am

I mean this thread's breaking rule 8 by continuing that discussion but consider this mod approval retroactively.

The correct options available

1. post in the political sub forum, we made it for borderline conversations to keep them off the home page for every user

2. If you're concerned with my locking the threads targeting flum, I consulted with the mods and admins so you'll have to go to zultar if you want an appeal on that.

3. If you're concerned that I broke the same rule and applied the same lock to my thread after seeing how out of control and vulgar the threads were getting and want me to instead get a different punishment of a silence then you'll have to go speak to zultar.

4. If you'd like to ignore all site direction on how to properly appeal a mod or admin decision and instead discuss it on the forum in a way that accomplishes nothing for the 10 billionth time in site history, continue to post here.

Durga

#8 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:19 am

Idk man, if flum didn't complain I don't see why you need to be so interventionist. If you want to lock it for the vulgar shit happening regarding different sexual partners sure, but not having joke threads about people is a bit of an insane rule unless they feel targeted by them and ask it to be removed.

I don't care that you broke your own rule because that rule is stupid unless the threads are subjectively perceived as an attack. I think my posting on public forums has accomplished a lot actually :) so yeah I will

Octavious

#9 Post by Octavious » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:33 pm

I disagree with Durga. As much as my preference would be for a forum where people such as Durga have the freedom to say what they wish even if that includes what others may see as unwarranted and bigoted attacks, if you are going to have rules they must be enforced equally and fairly. A system that allows the more easy going members to become default punchbags would be a system that fails the site and its membership.

Restitution

#10 Post by Restitution » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:47 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:19 am
Idk man, if flum didn't complain I don't see why you need to be so interventionist.
Because if this is set as a precedent, then the only people who get defended are narcs. Nobody wants to be a tattle-tale.

Durga

#11 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:16 am

Restitution wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:47 pm
Durga wrote:
Idk man, if flum didn't complain I don't see why you need to be so interventionist.
Because if this is set as a precedent, then the only people who get defended are narcs. Nobody wants to be a tattle-tale.
Sorry obviously if the thread is actually offensive it should be shut down. Ridiculous to think you can't make threads about other users

Carl Tuckerson

#12 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:26 am

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:16 am
Restitution wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:47 pm
Durga wrote:
Sorry obviously if the thread is actually offensive it should be shut down. Ridiculous to think you can't make threads about other users
C'mon kid you're not a narc are you? Not a narc-enabler huh? Narc!

Percy Williams

#13 Post by Percy Williams » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:09 am

I thought this thread was just against general tyranny, like just a bunch of internet troll saying things like "Down with the bourgeoisie!" And "Putin is generally considered to be uncool by some" or even "People have strong opinions about Donald Trump!".

jmo1121109

#14 Post by jmo1121109 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:20 am

No no no, we're fine with general tyranny, the only kind that upsets us is when mods lock threads that break the rules and clog up the home page by making a joke of a members sexuality in a horrible look for the site. Having those locked on a site where we should have free speech...cause reasons?...is a massive affront to my dignity! Especially when the member is publicly complaining about how cringy and awkward those threads are for them, enforcing rules to protect our members and our site image is just a massive abuse of power and I DEMAND JUST DICE!

Percy Williams

#15 Post by Percy Williams » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:35 am

jmo1121109 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:20 am
No no no, we're fine with general tyranny, the only kind that upsets us is when mods lock threads that break the rules and clog up the home page by making a joke of a members sexuality in a horrible look for the site. Having those locked on a site where we should have free speech...cause reasons?...is a massive affront to my dignity! Especially when the member is publicly complaining about how cringy and awkward those threads are for them, enforcing rules to protect our members and our site image is just a massive abuse of power and I DEMAND JUST DICE!
:-D Okay! I know your making a point right now, ( Great job by the way) but totally separate idea came while reading your post. It's a cooking show, called "just dice" where you're only allowed to dice food; no blending, no slicing, no crushing, no smashing, no beating. Cooking is allowed in any way, but you have to dice everything.
This is an amazing idea! :-D

Fluminator

#16 Post by Fluminator » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:00 am

When I said I was cringing, I was more cringing at the fact I was revealed to be vain, not the joke thread itself. I want to clarify that I was fine with the joke threads.

That said, I thank the mods for acting in something that they thought might be making me upset, and it's probably just the safest thing to do.

Durga

#17 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:58 am

jmo1121109 wrote:
Listen I'm not Goldie okay. I know how Flum felt about those threads.

jmo1121109

#18 Post by jmo1121109 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:58 am
jmo1121109 wrote:
Listen I'm not Goldie okay. I know how Flum felt about those threads.
Right, but you knowing how Flum feels is irrelevant if everyone doesn't. Nor does it particularly matter even if everyone does. If there's a thread calling someone a fag we're not going to leave it even if they're okay with it or think it's funny because it's still vulgar. Threads insinuating that sexuality is or should be a choice during pride month really aren't amazing either. The rules are there for a reason, because without them the more trollish members on this site have proven time and time again that they will not engage common sense. So we nip this crap as soon as it gets questionable because it never just stops at an acceptable point. Feel free to take that strategy up with the owners if you don't like it.

Durga

#19 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm

I totally agree with that. I don't agree with the idea that you should lock "POLL: What topic will Fluminator create next?" since you posted your warning on this thread.

That's just silly.

jmo1121109

#20 Post by jmo1121109 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:16 pm

So you're upset with the reason that I didn't lock a thread despite agreeing that the thread shouldn't have been locked? I agree, that is just silly.