circumcision

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Octavious

Re: circumcision

#41 Post by Octavious » Wed May 29, 2019 6:02 pm

I have a nagging feeling that the good Major will be somewhat put out unless at least a few minutes are spent acknowledging his claim to having a large, yet not inconveniently sized, organ.

Although apparently it smells like a donkey... Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

Regardless, thank you for sharing.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#42 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed May 29, 2019 6:05 pm

Clearly, Jamiet99uk & Restitution, beauty is in the (one) eye of the beholder LoL

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#43 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed May 29, 2019 6:07 pm

No Octavious you are dead wrong on that score and I made that remark earlier, when I said amused disbelief was fine with me

Octavious

#44 Post by Octavious » Wed May 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Sorry, I only skimmed the post. It's hairy like a donkey?

MajorMitchell

#45 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed May 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Seriously Octavious you haven't understood me at all, that reputation is a bloody curse, trust me on that at least. At surface level it might sound appealing, but trust me, it's like the bloomin' albatross strung around the ancient mariner's neck, a flippin' millstone to drag a confused young teenager straight down the proverbial rabbit hole. Can I at least have that understood?

Octavious

#46 Post by Octavious » Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 pm

I think I follow. You're understandably concerned that your unmentionables are more suited to coupling with a donkey than a fellow human. I get how that must be distressing.

Jamiet99uk

Re: Enormous hairy testicles, like massive coconuts

#47 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 pm

Octavious wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:08 pm
Sorry, I only skimmed the post. It's hairy like a donkey?
Lol.

Troutfan27

#48 Post by Troutfan27 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:10 pm

ubercacher16 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:50 am
Ok, I understand now. Thanks for explaining.

Interesting point about trying to "improve" our bodies. Sort of ironic considering it was a practice first used by Jews, the very people who believe in a perfect God that created humans in His image.
You seem to know quite a bit about Jewish beliefs. However, you seem to have missed the fact that it was also G-d who commanded the Jews to perform circumcisions. They did not simply just randomly adopt this practice. This is therefore not a contradiction to G-d's perfection and perfect Creation of man in His Image.

ubercacher16

#49 Post by ubercacher16 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:25 am

Troutfan27 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:10 pm
ubercacher16 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:50 am
Interesting point about trying to "improve" our bodies. Sort of ironic considering it was a practice first used by Jews, the very people who believe in a perfect God that created humans in His image.
You seem to know quite a bit about Jewish beliefs. However, you seem to have missed the fact that it was also G-d who commanded the Jews to perform circumcisions. They did not simply just randomly adopt this practice. This is therefore not a contradiction to G-d's perfection and perfect Creation of man in His Image.
I agree entirely, and I'm not convinced that circumcision is body mutilation anyway. I thought the idea that the practice is a failed attempt to "improve" human bodies was an interesting one. I'm sorry if I struck a nerve, I certainly wasn't trying to!

MajorMitchell

#50 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 am

Well Troutfan27, that bit about God creating me in his image is why I have a dificult relationship with the Omnipotent Blighter. ( Not to be confused with Omnipotent Zultar with whom I trust I have a much better relationship, purely amicable and nothing more)
Getting back to your God, if the Blighter has created me as I am, then I can only conclude that she has an unlimited, if slightly vicious sense of humour and infinite patience, because it will probably take all of eternity for God and myself to resolve our disputations.

MajorMitchell

#51 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu May 30, 2019 4:56 am

Typos..first sentence.. "his image" substitute her, or it's for "his"

ubercacher16

#52 Post by ubercacher16 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:10 am

MajorMitchell wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 am
Well Troutfan27, that bit about God creating me in his image is why I have a dificult relationship with the Omnipotent Blighter. ( Not to be confused with Omnipotent Zultar with whom I trust I have a much better relationship, purely amicable and nothing more)
Getting back to your God, if the Blighter has created me as I am, then I can only conclude that she has an unlimited, if slightly vicious sense of humour and infinite patience, because it will probably take all of eternity for God and myself to resolve our disputations.
Well, God is pretty damn(yes, I got the irony) patient(at least before you die), and from my experience I'm pretty sure he has a sense of humor.

MajorMitchell

#53 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu May 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Troutfan27, let me run through that process.. the God of the Jews creates them perfectly in his image, and then instructs them to indulge in a bit of surgery which alters what was a perfect image of itself (God) to make it a different perfect image of itself (God).. you don't see an inherent illogical inconsistency in that? When this God of the Jews instructed them to indulge in the surgery did he provide a simple "heads up" on the basic ways to sterilize surgical instruments and how to prevent infections such as sepsis and gangrene. I find it curious that an allegedly loving God doesn't give, amongst a myriad of instructions, a basic heads up to humanity on "boil your drinking water" to stop millions dying over millennia from water borne diseases, eg cholera etc.with the explanation of the unseen threat.
.This is one of the fundamental problems with the Bible and the Koran, they repeat the false or incorrect knowledge of humanity of their time of writing.

Jamiet99uk

Re: Favourite Bible Passages

#54 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 30, 2019 7:31 pm

Australians 1:69 - And on the fourteenth day, the LORD created MajorMitchell.

And the LORD looked at his creation and said: "Strewth! I've done gone and made his wanger waaaaay too big. Looks like something off a donkey. Poor soul's going to have trouble walking."

And the LORD realised that creating mescaline might have been a mistake.

"I know!" said the LORD. "I'll command them to chop of the flappy bit of skin at the end. That might help reduce the overall size a little."

Fluminator

Re: Favourite Bible Passages

#55 Post by Fluminator » Thu May 30, 2019 7:51 pm

Wait you can just change the topic like that?

Jamiet99uk

Re: You can just change the topic like this

#56 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Yes, you can.

I'm the only person who seems to do it very much though.

SirThursday

#57 Post by SirThursday » Thu May 30, 2019 8:13 pm

MajorMitchell wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Troutfan27, let me run through that process.. the God of the Jews creates them perfectly in his image, and then instructs them to indulge in a bit of surgery which alters what was a perfect image of itself (God) to make it a different perfect image of itself (God).. you don't see an inherent illogical inconsistency in that? ...This is one of the fundamental problems with the Bible and the Koran, they repeat the false or incorrect knowledge of humanity of their time of writing.
Just to throw this in the mix to stir the pot a little, when Jews and Christians say than man is "made in God's image", "man" means "mankind", not exclusively the male half of it (in Hebrew that would be 'adam (man) vs is (male)and issha (female)). Second, "made in God's image and likeness" does not mean "God has a physical body which humans look like", or we could also claim that monkeys or Neanderthals or mannequins share in the image of God. What is meant there has been interpreted by all the classical theological schools worth taking seriously is that man(kind) has a free will (above and beyond mere physical impulse), intellect/reason (above and beyond mere instinct), and these two comprise the spiritual soul. This is the differentiator between man and animal, which is able to reveal more of the divine goodness than the merely animal abundance.
Second, the health benefits of circumcision (if believed, I haven't done much reading into it) are at best a secondary perk, not the intended reason behind the act. If you have a bible, and the time to explore Genesis 13-17, God promised Abraham that he would become the father of many peoples, and that his son would be of his own body with his own wife. Abraham responded with "Hey cool, I suppose I'll do the deed with my maid now". Essentially he told God he'll bring about his children in his own way, which is why God explicitly rejected Ishmael and banished that line from the covenant family. The Mohommadans are still bitter about that, as a side note. Circumcision was the "punishment" for Abraham's lack of faithful conduct, and circumcision is a cut in the part of the body where the betrayal of trust occurred. Again, careful reading, Isaac was born of Sarah about a year after Abraham's circumcision, meaning that Abraham was doin' the deed again a mere 3 months after being cut. Do you think he ever had sex again without a physical reminder of the original promise of God? Further, if you read Colossians, St Paul expresses that Baptism is meant to be the Christian replacement for Circumcision as the gateway into the chosen people, so if you're familiar with the Christian tradition, circumcision is entirely optional, and even discouraged among the non-Jewish nations.
You don't need to believe the Biblical account yourself, I suppose, but no practice which has endured for ~5000+ years is being done "just cuz", so even if folks here can't explain the practice to your satisfaction, don't conclude that the practice is therefore without merit.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#58 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:30 pm

I leave for two weeks and when I come back this is the first thread on the home page?

Jamiet99uk

Re: Congratulations to Bo_Sox

#59 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 30, 2019 8:39 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:30 pm
I leave for two weeks and when I come back this is the first thread on the home page?
Was the operation a success?

Claesar

Re: Congratulations to Bo_Sox

#60 Post by Claesar » Thu May 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:39 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:30 pm
Was the operation a success?
Fortunately, Bo is a name that works for either gender.