Tghis might be better under the Diplomacy header BUT.

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Smokey Gem

Tghis might be better under the Diplomacy header BUT.

#1 Post by Smokey Gem » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 am

is there plans on having a mercy button,

say a player is definetley going to win all other surviving players hit mercy or vote the winner in to speed up inevitable end games ??

Or you can just vote me at the start of the game ...yes I said it first b4 everyone esle did.

CommanderByron
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

Re: Tghis might be better under the Diplomacy header BUT.

#2 Post by CommanderByron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 am

I’m against this because it almost makes it acceptable to not play through a game. I foresee a lot of players hitting “CONCEDE” and then NMRing til the game ends ruining it for the few players who felt they had a chance. Because there really aren’t that many games that are run away victories. In theory if every alive player turns on the leader they have combined atleast 1 more unit than the leader; of the others can coordinate enough to agree that a game is worth ending. They can coordinate enough to form a stalemate and draw the game.

CommanderByron
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#3 Post by CommanderByron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 am

What would interesting is this as a variant where a player can concede to another player immediately giving all their units and centers to that player at start of next phase. Would make the potential drawbacks of aggressive diplomacy not worth the risk of a player concedeing to a superior numbered player.

Smokey Gem

#4 Post by Smokey Gem » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 am

Not a bad idea CB BUT...I think that would tempt a lot of new players into Multi accounts.

I know we have rules but hanging a big cookie like that out side the jar may be too tempting for soem..

Smokey Gem

#5 Post by Smokey Gem » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 am

PS Dont mind the large box next too you under my bed ...and ignore the muffled cries for help you may hear from it time to time..

:-)

PRINCE WILLIAM

#6 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 am

CommanderByron wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 am
What would interesting is this as a variant where a player can concede to another player immediately giving all their units and centers to that player at start of next phase. Would make the potential drawbacks of aggressive diplomacy not worth the risk of a player concedeing to a superior numbered player.
Ι am not sure I like it, I believe that would change the game too much. Take for example the last SoW, at the end game France had 14 SCs, Italy 16 and Germany 4, with this variation you propose, France's and Italy's abilities would have nothing to with the outcome, it would all depend on Germany.